Whats your vista performance?

Processor: 4.2
Memory: 5.9
Graphics: 5.9
Gaming Graphics: 5.7
Primary HD: 5.5

Score: 4.2

The Athlon 64 4000+ is really holding me back, but I'm fine considering that it's not as though I have any problem playing games.

Processor: 3.9
Memory: 3.1
Gaming Graphics: 4.9
Primary HD: 5.4

Score: 3.1

Crummy pc3200 memory :(

::Edit::
For some reason i took out a 512 mb stick of ram making my total 2 GB and my memory went up to a 4.4. Odd though because I know my board doesnt dual channel and the 3.1 was very low.

I kind of like the performance score idea Microsoft's doing, how it's as low as the lowest component. I think theoretically it could be a lot easier for...uh...technically challanged people to go "oh, this game needs a 3, and my computer is a 4, so it will run!"

And they're still printing actual system requirements on boxes, so it's not like that's going anywhere. (I know it's confusing to us how people could not know basic info about their computer, but that's a reality...and heck, we want them buying games too!)

[quote name='Wolfpup']I kind of like the performance score idea Microsoft's doing, how it's as low as the lowest component. I think theoretically it could be a lot easier for...uh...technically challanged people to go "oh, this game needs a 3, and my computer is a 4, so it will run!"

And they're still printing actual system requirements on boxes, so it's not like that's going anywhere. (I know it's confusing to us how people could not know basic info about their computer, but that's a reality...and heck, we want them buying games too!)[/QUOTE]
I like this program, and if it replaced the system requirements, would help for graphics cards. I have no idea on differences on them, for example "ati 6700gt or better" makes you have to know that card and wheres yours is to it.
ANd theres room for improvemnt, I think the highest Ive seen searching online was 6.3, wonder how high it will get.

How much ram do you guys have? I want to get mine up to at least 1gb, but since my pc only has 2 slots, think ill get 1gb now and in needed 1 later, and stay with 1.5. That should be around 4. Then need to get a good PCIE card, but before that a good PS.

G1 Macbook
Core Duo 1.83GHz
1GB of DDR2 PC5300
100GB SATA HD

Processor: 4.7
RAM: 4.5
Graphics: 2.4
Gaming graphics: 3.0
Hard disk: 4.5

[quote name='Eastsidecracker']I like this program, and if it replaced the system requirements, would help for graphics cards. I have no idea on differences on them, for example "ati 6700gt or better" makes you have to know that card and wheres yours is to it.
ANd theres room for improvemnt, I think the highest Ive seen searching online was 6.3, wonder how high it will get.

How much ram do you guys have? I want to get mine up to at least 1gb, but since my pc only has 2 slots, think ill get 1gb now and in needed 1 later, and stay with 1.5. That should be around 4. Then need to get a good PCIE card, but before that a good PS.[/QUOTE]

I've got 2 gigs of OCZ Platinum RAM which got me the 5.9. Performance in Vista is absolutely flawless with that much.

Processor: 4.4
RAM: 4.5
Gaming Graphics: 5.4
Hard Drive: 5.2

The Base score: 4.4

What I find funny about this is that my processor is the lowest score and yet I have a Intel Pentium 4 3.6GHz Dual Core Processor which is pretty darn good if you ask me.

processor is holding me back: it's a AMD 3700)

processor 4.2
Ram 5.8
graphics 5.9
gaming graphics 5.8
hard drive 5.4

base score of 4.2

I'm upgrading to a new video card for directx 10 sometime next week and my next plan is to go dual core sometime this summer probably.

[quote name='kevzik']I don't get it...I am scoring 2.0 in the graphics category and I just installed this card that is "built for vista." Those of you up in the 4s and 5s, what cards do you have. Heres my card, what do you guys think? Is 2.0 score realistic?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7638292&st=geforce&type=product&id=1130987962366[/quote]

Unless im reading it wrong, thats PCI, not PCI-E. So yes, the 2.0 is warranted.

But I have been out the PC world for a year now, and it moves fast as hell.

http://www.nvnews.net/previews/geforce_6200/index.shtml

I believe these are your benchmarks. Seems pretty good to me.

[quote name='kevzik']I don't get it...I am scoring 2.0 in the graphics category and I just installed this card that is "built for vista." Those of you up in the 4s and 5s, what cards do you have. Heres my card, what do you guys think? Is 2.0 score realistic?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7638292&st=geforce&type=product&id=1130987962366[/QUOTE]

Yah that's about right, 6200 is slow by today's standard. I have an integrated Intel 945 graphic chipset and I score in the 2.0s too.

I'm just surprised that my Core Duo 1.83 scored better than some 3.0+GHz CPUs.

[quote name='projecteightysix']Am I missing something? How do you get the scores in the first place?[/QUOTE]
Second sentence in the OP.

Processor 4.8
Memory 4.9
Graphics 5.9
Gaming 5.8
Disk Tras 5.2

My disk transfer rate is lower than it should be due to this running on multiple partions/ and this particular one my e: is getting full. I just made it to play with vista.

Thanks for posting these, but could you put what the parts are (if you know) I'm getting ready to build a system and it would help to see that a Intel Core Duo 6600 scored 4.8, and a 6800 scored 5.4 (for example, numbers made up) as well as how much ram/speed, and what graphics card is in use.

My system Rating is 5.

I can't remember the sub ratings and don't feel like rebooting to look, but they were all 5-5.9 There is no 6 yet.

Processor: 5.3 (E6600 stock speed)
RAM: 2 GB
Graphics: 5.9 (MSI 8800GTS 320MB factory OC@575)
Gaming: 5.9
Primary Hard disk: 5.9 (2x320GB in RAID 0)

bread's done
Back