When is the best time to list ebay auctions for Holiday Shopping?

masha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I'm done with gaming and collecting. It doesn't excite me anymore as it used to. Someone else can find a better use for it....anyway.... I prepare to sell all my collection on eBay before Christmas. I want to maximize the amount of money I can get for it. If anybody knows what is the best week to put it up for Christmas shopping, please share your thoughts.

Thanks.

i plan on listing around 50-70 items Dec 1 with either 5 or 7 day listing then relisting what dont sell on Dec 8 with 5 day listings

[quote name='slidecage']i plan on listing around 50-70 items Dec 1 with either 5 or 7 day listing then relisting what dont sell on Dec 8 with 5 day listings[/QUOTE]

Thx. That's what I thought too. I'll have around 400 - 500. I don't know if I should start a few days before ThGiving with 5-7 day listing.

Your best bet is to have the auction end on a Monday--around lunch or dinner time. This is when the majority of people do online holiday shopping (tis true, comes from recent study). Also, the week of December 11-17 is probably the last week to list in time for Christmas. After that, people will get antsy whether or not your items will get shipped in time for Christmas. Hope that helps.

One thing I like to do is start my auctions on Tues. night sometime between 7-9 PST for a 5 day auction. That way they end on Sunday night instead of the middle of the day during the week. More buyers will be at home by that time and can get their last bids in before the auctions ends. It's worked out well for me over the last 5-6 months.

Good luck with your auctions OP. I'm also in the process of selling just about all the games I own. I'm also going to sell the "rare/htf" things around Xmas. Collecting is just not as exciting as it use to me. I work so much now that I hardly have a chance to play anything anymore.

You should have listed everything (or at least the > $10 stuff) this past Tuesday in the big 10 cent listing sale they had.

:lol:

My plan is pretty much the same as everyone else's. I'll make 7 day listings to end the Monday or Tuesday after Thanksgiving. They'll be active over everyone's holiday, but won't end until everyone is back home and cozied up to their computers again. Although I'm really hoping my stash of junk to sell will be seriously diminished from everything I put up Tuesday. Listed about 75 things.

[quote name='wubb']You should have listed everything (or at least the > $10 stuff) this past Tuesday in the big 10 cent listing sale they had.

:lol:
[/QUOTE]

Couldn't do it. I decided to keep Gitaroo-man util it completely drops in value. :pray:

bread's done
Back