When is the best time, where is the best place for points cards?

Pandareus

CAG Veteran
I see US people waiting for those B2G1 sales at Toys 'R' Us to buy points cards. Sweet deal.

Do we have anything similar in Canada?

Now that Best Buy and Future Shop finally dropped the price from $25 to $20 for their Nintendo cards, I'm tempted to wait for their next sales to stock up. It's usually only a 10% rebate, but it's better than nothing.

By the way, Best Buy happens to have one of those sales tomorrow...

I stocked up at TRU last week when they had the 20% off all accessories, including MS points cards. 2800 Points, usually $39.99, were $31.99 each. Nintendo Points cards were $15.99 each. Naturally, I bought multiples of each.

You will never see PSN cards on sale since they are done through a 3rd party company (FastCard) and the cards need to be activated at the register. They do phone cards and other gift cards and they never go on sale since they are not classified as "retail items".

Hope this helps.

There was a B2G1 sale at TRU last year and it was a success. I think the chances are good that another one will take place this year. I believe it took place in early December.

If you have a source for cheap eligible games, T3G1F for a GG, use credit for point cards.

Otherwise as Adamantum said, TRU 20% off accessories sale comes once in awhile.

I picked up a couple point cards when Toys R Us had a 25% off sale on accessories last year, and then a couple more during one of Best Buy's 20% off sales this year. Be patient and you can definitely get 2000-point Nintendo cards for $16+tax or less.

I got my last nintendo points (today) at only 10$. thanks to my 10$ coupon from my fruit loops box :). right now kelloggs cereals have either 5$ or 10$ coupons for any nintendo frontline item. works on games, systems, cards. as long as its from nintendo

[quote name='Pale-Dim']I got my last nintendo points (today) at only 10$. thanks to my 10$ coupon from my fruit loops box :). right now kelloggs cereals have either 5$ or 10$ coupons for any nintendo frontline item. works on games, systems, cards. as long as its from nintendo[/QUOTE]

Really?? That's awesome... Man, I just stocked up on cereal! >_< Oh well, what's a few more boxes? :)

[quote name='Pale-Dim']I got my last nintendo points (today) at only 10$. thanks to my 10$ coupon from my fruit loops box :). right now kelloggs cereals have either 5$ or 10$ coupons for any nintendo frontline item. works on games, systems, cards. as long as its from nintendo[/QUOTE]

Hot deal! I haven't seen those cereal boxes, but will be keeping my eyes open.

Yeah, those Kellogg's cereal boxes are awesome, I've already gotten two $10 coupons from the two boxes I've bought... Stash the cereal for the winter, save on games now!

To get coupons the other way, you have to snail mail them saying you want a coupon and they snail mail you back a coupon, which can take weeks. Just walk your candy ass to the store (like Walmart this week for 2.50) and pick up a box of morning candy and you'll have one. Easy.

Both FS and BB do 20% off accessories sales every so often. Just get on their mailing list and wait for the next sale.

2. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. For entry without purchase, please write to:
Kellogg’s* Back to School Contest, P.O. Box 4099, Paris, ON, N3L 3W9 with an
enclosed, self-addressed, stamped envelope and a randomly selected coupon will be
mailed to you within 4 to 6 weeks after receiving your request. Limit one ticket
request per household per day. All ticket requests must be postmarked no later than
11:59 pm (“EST”) on March 29, 2010 and received by 11:59 pm (“EST”) April 16,

bread's done
Back