When will we see Pschonauts drop in price

microjoe1

CAG Veteran
I've been playing on buying the PS2 version for awhile. I've heard it wasn't selling well, so I decided to wait. Hopefully, we'll see a price drop soon as I really want to try it out. I would be pissed if I paid $50 and two weeks later it was available for $30 every where.

Any idea when? I'm hoping soon since I've read how it isn't selling well. But, who knows.

It came out on June 21st for the PS2 and you are already asking when it will drop? Where exactly are you reading that it isn't selling well?

You have to remember that those numbers really don't mean jack for the PS2 version, that has been out for less than a month. People were quoting early NPD numbers for the Xbox version and how they were "so low", at $640,731 12,912 to be exact. What they failed to realize is that the game released 10 days before the end of the NPD end of the quarter. Granted, the game is still likely to become the next Beyond Good and Evil, but I doubt we would see a price drop anytime in the next month or so. If anything, Advent Rising would be more to blame than Psychonauts for Majesco's fall. They had a contest claiming a one million dollar prize for Christ's sake.

[quote name='mtxbass1']It came out on June 21st for the PS2 and you are already asking when it will drop? Where exactly are you reading that it isn't selling well?[/QUOTE]

To be fair, games have dropped in price within the same release time span. While it's not exactly going to light the Top 10 Sales ranking on fire, I doubt it was a flop neither. EB is putting the game on sale for $34.99 starting Friday I believe.

Thanks for the info. I can wait awhile. I actually hope Majesco picks up. They are located about 30 minutes from house.

But, it can't be a good thing when you stock price drops in half. Although, I don't anything about the stock market.

Anyways, thanks for the info. Its good to know.

$34.99. Now thats sweet. I'll be picking it up at that price.

[quote name='Scahom1']To be fair, games have dropped in price within the same release time span. While it's not exactly going to light the Top 10 Sales ranking on fire, I doubt it was a flop neither. EB is putting the game on sale for $34.99 starting Friday I believe.[/QUOTE]

No doubt. Cold Winter, Stolen, and a handful of others come to mind here. However, those games never scored anything above a "meh" by most reviewers. Psychonauts on the other hand has had excellent scores in nearly every publication it's been in. I have the game myself and find it to be quite excellent. It's just too bad more people don't notice what a good game this is and support the publisher.

Hope Cold Winter drop down $10 pretty soon......then follow Psychonauts (like 6 months later). Thought Stolen is average game and it worth $5 for me (if they spend extra time fit it little bit).

Seriously, buy this game. Original games rarely come around, if you wait you're only insuring that we'll see the seventeenth iteration of jak or tomb raider.

bread's done
Back