Where are the Halloween DVD sales?

grundy

CAGiversary!
I know that Wal-Mart has had their little DVD display out for awhile now, but I remember last year, both BB and CC had sales on their respective Halloween collections

Of course, I think last week CC had a little bit of sale since I picked up the SE of Candyman for $7.49, but I'm still looking for a sale on Phantasm, or the Hellraiser 2-pack that has the first two movies (you know, the only good ones....well Bloodline wasn't bad), and MAYBE the Friday the 13th collection, if I want to try and stomach part VIII again :headache:

Thanks,
-B

[quote name='grundy']I know that Wal-Mart has had their little DVD display out for awhile now, but I remember last year, both BB and CC had sales on their respective Halloween collections

Of course, I think last week CC had a little bit of sale since I picked up the SE of Candyman for $7.49, but I'm still looking for a sale on Phantasm, or the Hellraiser 2-pack that has the first two movies (you know, the only good ones....well Bloodline wasn't bad), and MAYBE the Friday the 13th collection, if I want to try and stomach part VIII again :headache:

Thanks,
-B[/quote]

I think all of the ft13th series is 5 a DVD at walmart, granted thats not cheap with how many there are but eh. I know Amazon has had *numerous* sales that Phantasm was part of, I want to nab it in store (aka I don't want to pay shipping) myself. In all honesty, Walmarts stock saddens me, not much stuff I wanted.

Amazon and deepdiscountdvd in particular are having horror sales. If you have a closing hollywood video store near you, you can pick up some great stuff for dirt cheap. Today I picked up Lucio Fulcis Zombi 2 disk 25th anniversary special addition for $4!

[quote name='GBmanNC']Amazon and deepdiscountdvd in particular are having horror sales. If you have a closing hollywood video store near you, you can pick up some great stuff for dirt cheap. Today I picked up Lucio Fulcis Zombi 2 disk 25th anniversary special addition for $4![/quote]

Wich version, Blue Underground or Shriek Show?

[quote name='opterasis']Wich version, Blue Underground or Shriek Show?[/quote]
The 2 disk set is the shriek show I believe.

[quote name='grundy']Of course, I think last week CC had a little bit of sale since I picked up the SE of Candyman for $7.49, but I'm still looking for a sale on Phantasm, or the Hellraiser 2-pack that has the first two movies (you know, the only good ones....well Bloodline wasn't bad), and MAYBE the Friday the 13th collection, if I want to try and stomach part VIII again :headache:

Thanks,
-B[/QUOTE]

Hellraiser: 20th Anniversary Edition is coming out on the 23rd:

http://www.amazon.com/Hellraiser-20...9-8026434?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1192732941&sr=8-3

Circuit City is having their Halloween DVD sale next week and I'm sure Best Buy probably will too. Not sure what will be on sale but I'm sure Phantasam and Descent as well as others will be for like 5$ or something.

If you check the ad scans...theres a ton of Horror DVDs on sale between BB and CC ....I plan on going for Evil Dead 1 and 2 ..Dusk Till Dawn..Halloween 4 and 5 Divimax editions , Hellraiser 1 and 2. Time to catch up on some gore.

[quote name='Kurt Hustle']If you check the ad scans...theres a ton of Horror DVDs on sale between BB and CC ....I plan on going for Evil Dead 1 and 2 ..Dusk Till Dawn..Halloween 4 and 5 Divimax editions , Hellraiser 1 and 2. Time to catch up on some gore.[/quote]
Nice choices. I havent decided which ones Im getting yet. But Ive hidden a bunch of horror dvds (some rare and out of print) around my going out of business hollywood video. So when it hits 80% off or so, Ill have a massive collection of awsomeness for like $2 a piece! If I buy stuff from cc and bb than I think Id have enough horror movies to watch around the clock till halloween.:bouncy:

I happen to agree with this. Even though there are some horror ones on sale, it's nothing like what it's been previous years. Last year BB and CC had a huge $3.99 one where I picked up about 15 movies. I miss it...

[quote name='Sabrett']I happen to agree with this. Even though there are some horror ones on sale, it's nothing like what it's been previous years. Last year BB and CC had a huge $3.99 one where I picked up about 15 movies. I miss it...[/quote]

I'd much rather get in on some 3.99 deals...but I'll take what I can get. I'll be at CC / BB bright and early Sunday.

On a side note, whatsup with Hollywood video...are they out of business alltogether? I know of QUITE A FEW locations that are closing down. While I didnt get anything 80% off...scored a few nice deals in my local spot.

[quote name='Kurt Hustle']I'd much rather get in on some 3.99 deals...but I'll take what I can get. I'll be at CC / BB bright and early Sunday.

On a side note, whatsup with Hollywood video...are they out of business alltogether? I know of QUITE A FEW locations that are closing down. While I didnt get anything 80% off...scored a few nice deals in my local spot.[/quote]

Not all of them are closing, but they did just file for bankruptsy a few days ago.

My local FYE has buy-one-get-one-free on Horror DVDs that range from Evil Dead to Halloween to Nightmare on Elm Street and others.

I was going to pick up Friday The 13th: From Crystal Lake To Manhattan but it is missing Friday The 13th: From Crystal Lake To Manhattan and no extra content. For a box set it sucks. Not only that but you can get them for 7 bucks each. So you can get the 7 that are in the set for 49 bucks when the set is 64.

Anyway what is different with all the Halloween movie DVDs? I'm talking about the first in the series. I know someone has posted asking in the past about it but I could not find the thread. I plan on picking it up today along with the first Firday the 13th.

[quote name='sendme']I was going to pick up Friday The 13th: From Crystal Lake To Manhattan but it is missing Friday The 13th: From Crystal Lake To Manhattan and no extra content. For a box set it sucks. Not only that but you can get them for 7 bucks each. So you can get the 7 that are in the set for 49 bucks when the set is 64.

Anyway what is different with all the Halloween movie DVDs? I'm talking about the first in the series. I know someone has posted asking in the past about it but I could not find the thread. I plan on picking it up today along with the first Firday the 13th.[/quote]

Not sure what you mean...but Friday the 13th: From Crystal Lake to Manhattan is not the name of one of the movies...rather the name of the Box Set which Contains Friday the 13th 1 thru 8 (Jason Takes Manhattan) and disc of Extras.
The Best Buy version of Halloween (the first) is just a remastered edit of the movie (92 min version) which came out around the same time as Rob Zombies version with movie cash inside the DVD. H25 Halloween 25 Years of Terror is a 2 disc documentary / extras set for fans of the flicks.

On a side note I scooped Phantasm 1 & 3 / Evil Dead 1 & 2 / Hellraiser 1 & 2 / Texas Chainsaw 1 (remake) & 2 (original) / Dusk Till Dawn / Halloween 4 Divimax / Identity / Still Know What You Did Last Summer / High Tension and IT . Twas a good day for gore.

[quote name='Kurt Hustle']Not sure what you mean...but Friday the 13th: From Crystal Lake to Manhattan is not the name of one of the movies...rather the name of the Box Set which Contains Friday the 13th 1 thru 8 (Jason Takes Manhattan) and disc of Extras.
The Best Buy version of Halloween (the first) is just a remastered edit of the movie (92 min version) which came out around the same time as Rob Zombies version with movie cash inside the DVD. H25 Halloween 25 Years of Terror is a 2 disc documentary / extras set for fans of the flicks.

On a side note I scooped Phantasm 1 & 3 / Evil Dead 1 & 2 / Hellraiser 1 & 2 / Texas Chainsaw 1 (remake) & 2 (original) / Dusk Till Dawn / Halloween 4 Divimax / Identity / Still Know What You Did Last Summer / High Tension and IT . Twas a good day for gore.[/quote]

You live in Brooklyn? We probably go to the same stores...if we do, I'm surprised they even had anything in stock for you to buy. ;)

I know Firday the 13th: from Crystal Lake to Manhattan is not one of the movies, it is the box set. From what Best Buy.com says it is not the first 8 and has no disc with extras. It is 1, 2, 3, The Final Chapter, 6, 7, and 8. So unless Best Buy is listing it wrong it is not every movie and has no extra disc. I find this odd. Amazon.com says only 5 discs and is charging about what it would cost to buy them outside the box set. In some of the reviews they talk about deleted scenes so that would be nice to have. Anyone know if the DVDs outside this set have deleted scenes or any extras?

As for the Halloween movies thanks for the info.

[quote name='Kurt Hustle']Not sure what you mean...but Friday the 13th: From Crystal Lake to Manhattan is not the name of one of the movies...rather the name of the Box Set which Contains Friday the 13th 1 thru 8 (Jason Takes Manhattan) and disc of Extras.

On a side note I scooped Phantasm 1 & 3 / Evil Dead 1 & 2 / Hellraiser 1 & 2 / Texas Chainsaw 1 (remake) & 2 (original) / Dusk Till Dawn / Halloween 4 Divimax / Identity / Still Know What You Did Last Summer / High Tension and IT . Twas a good day for gore.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sendme']I know Firday the 13th: from Crystal Lake to Manhattan is not one of the movies, it is the box set. From what Best Buy.com says it is not the first 8 and has no disc with extras. It is 1, 2, 3, The Final Chapter, 6, 7, and 8. So unless Best Buy is listing it wrong it is not every movie and has no extra disc. I find this odd. Amazon.com says only 5 discs and is charging about what it would cost to buy them outside the box set. In some of the reviews they talk about deleted scenes so that would be nice to have. Anyone know if the DVDs outside this set have deleted scenes or any extras?

As for the Halloween movies thanks for the info.[/quote]

I personally own the Crystal Lake to Manhattan Set and it Includes..

Friday The 13th
Friday The 13th 2
Friday The 13th 3
Friday The 13th 4 - Final Chapter
Friday The 13th 5 - A New Beginning
Friday The 13th 6 - Jason Lives
Friday The 13th 7 - New Blood
Friday The 13th 8 - Jason Takes Manhattan
Friday The 13th Killer Extras - Everything You Wanted to Know But were Afraid to Ask.

It is a 5 disc set with each of the first 4 containing 2 movies each, and the last disc of extras. Best Buy is def wrong..what would be the sense of calling the set "From Crystal Lake to Manhattan" if it didn't have the movie which takes place (partially) in Manhattan. As far as deleted scenes..none are included on the indivdual discs just the features and some commentaries. The Killer Extras Disc includes (Havent watched yet myself so just listing whats on the back)

1. The Friday The 13th Chronicles - 8 Part Featurette
2. Secrets behind the gore 3 part featurette
3. Crystal Lake victims tell all
4. Tales from the cutting room.
5. Friday artifacts and collectables
6. Scary Trailers.

Hope this helps.

[quote name='Sabrett']You live in Brooklyn? We probably go to the same stores...if we do, I'm surprised they even had anything in stock for you to buy. ;)[/quote]

If you mean Circuit City on 86st and 5th..or Best Buy - Bay Parkway...yes at times they are horrible...But today Best Buy actually had A TON of everything on sale, everyone was all over it tho, some guy with like 2-3 copies of a ton of movies (whats that all about...ebaying them?) Circuit City tho is beyond horrible...they have a 2ft square bin...and if you aren't there Sunday morning...chances of getting any of the 4.99-7.99 sales is pretty much non-existant.

I just got back from Best Buy and they had nothing worth it at the one I go to. So I went to this place in the mall called Saturday Matinee: The Movie Store. They had the box set of Friday the 13th marked on the box at 69.99. It rang up 39.99 and they have a buy one get one on select horror DVDs. All the ones in the deal were on a table. I ended up geting Children of the Corn for 14.99 and Jason goes to Hell for free.

Circuit City has FROM HELL for $4.99...here's where things get interesting: several, if not all, Wal-Marts currently have the long-out-of-circulation 2-Disc Directors' Limited Edition version in stock in their Halloween DVD section. The spines of both the one- and two-disc editions are identical so you can price-match CC's ad and pick up this rarity for a pittance!

The FYE I go to up at college (in LaVale, MD) had the Friday the 13th collection on sale there for $39.99, so along with backstage pass it made it around $36.xx for me. However, this FYE had none of the buy one get one prices for blu-ray last week (I tried to scan Rescue Me on blu-ray, still came up at $80, not $20), so FYE sales may be hit or miss.

bread's done
Back