Where are these remakes, and why aren't they made!?

evilmax17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Here are 2 games that are just begging to be remade.

Star Tropics
Zombies Ate my Neighbors

I think ST was a Nintendo first party game, right? Why has this game faded into obscurity?

Star Tropics would make an awesome remake.

I doubt a guy with a yo yo would help change company image or get enough people excited though

[quote name='trustcompany1013']what about adventure island?[/quote]

That got remade in Japan. It was part of the Hudson's Classics series, which also included a remake of Bonk's Adventure.

no remakes!

Just re-release everything :) wouldn't it be so much easier? I like my SNES and NES controllers better then any of the new fangled things.

I was thinking of starting a similar topic the other day, but didn't for fear of redundancy, but I'd like to nominate for remakesion (though I'd prefer all new games made of them)

1. Kid Chameleon-Possibly the best 2D platformer of the 16-bit era.
2. Crystalis-Better than the original Zelda and SNK's best, most innovative game. Who owns the rights anymore is a mystery to me, though.

Crystalis was a great game. I always wished for a sequel. Maybe now with all these remakes there is a chance of an updated version.

[quote name='Aryss']Crystalis was a great game. I always wished for a sequel. Maybe now with all these remakes there is a chance of an updated version.[/quote]

Not if SNK still holds the rights.

[quote name='Aryss']Crystalis was a great game. I always wished for a sequel. Maybe now with all these remakes there is a chance of an updated version.[/quote]

They re-released on GameBoy Color, but you probably already knew that.

Crystalis was better than the NES Zeldas IMO.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']The original Art of Fighting needs a remake, just so it can be playable by modern standards.[/quote]

Would that be even possible? It was awful, even by that day's standards of gameplay. The sequel wasn't very good either, though I do think with AOF 3 they were finally getting somewhere. Still, what can you do with a series where the greatest redeeming quality was huge character sprites?

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Battle Arena Toshinden and Rocket Jockey need a remake...extra 10 points if you actually remember Rocket Jockey[/quote]

Battle Arena Toshinden needs to be remade by someone who would actually care about the license. In other words, not Takara or Playmates. BAT2 was not up to par with the first, and BAT3...well, let's not talk about BAT3.

But a new one COULD rock. Loved that game back in the day. The first game I ever bought on the PSX.

[quote name='randomizer9']Two words: Tecmo Bowl![/quote]

TECMO tried to bring back TECMO BOWL but the NFL would not give them the ability to use NFL players saying Blitz already filled that void(a couple of years ago)

Two more words: Tecmo Mobile

(It's been done in J2ME for cell phones)

I'd be happy if they just brought over the remake of DW4 that they did in Japan. I'd also like to see the second and third part to Shining Force III brought over. Sega pretty much sucks for only bringing over the first one after all this time.

i fully agree....just like tecmo super bowl....with badass graphics and classic gameplay..it would beat the hell out of the new blitz games! IMO ;-)

[quote name='SevereTireDamage'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']The original Art of Fighting needs a remake, just so it can be playable by modern standards.[/quote]

Would that be even possible? It was awful, even by that day's standards of gameplay. The sequel wasn't very good either, though I do think with AOF 3 they were finally getting somewhere. Still, what can you do with a series where the greatest redeeming quality was huge character sprites?[/quote]

Yeah, the controls in all 3 AOF games were lousy, and it's graphics were the only reason I even started playing the game several years after it's release. It didn't take long to discover that 2 player matches were worthless, but I did enjoy their 1p games, mainly too listen to the music and it's graphics & gameplay were unique to hold my interest until I was able to get used to the game's low animation.

The second AOF had a ridiculous difficulty level though and all of it's improvements just gave the cpu more of an advantage than anything. I still don't see how anyone can fight Geese without using an emulator and save states.

My not so traditional "remake/sequel" wishlist.

Rolling Thunder
Rambo (Genesis)
Herzog Zwei
Shadowrun
Syndicate

That's all I really want to delve into right now.

Sega need to bring back Virtual Racing. That game blew my mind back when it came out. It's up to sega to show people how real a game can look again.

[quote name='b3b0p']no remakes!

Just re-release everything :) wouldn't it be so much easier? I like my SNES and NES controllers better then any of the new fangled things.[/quote]

god, what a great time drain that would be. my wrists would fall off from all the conrtoller action.

Two words: Bionic Commando.

Actually, Capcom should release compilations of their mid 80's to early 90's classics. Anyone remember the rare Willow arcade game? (Not the lame NES cart, mind you). It would be sweet to play that, Trojan, Magic Sword, Ghouls N' Ghosts, Legendary Wings, Forgotten Realms and others I'm sure I'm forgetting.

Awhile back Japan released a few volumes called Capcom Generations for Saturn. I have one of these on import that collects the Ghost and Goblins series. It's quite nice.

What about Konami Classics? Forget that sucky GBA game (with Frogger, Time Pilot), I want Contra and Castlevania compilations. Castlevania needs a proper console remake too.

[quote name='evilmax17']Here are 2 games that are just begging to be remade.

Star Tropics
Zombies Ate my Neighbors

I think ST was a Nintendo first party game, right? Why has this game faded into obscurity?[/quote]

HELL YA BROTHA. I used to bust dat game like 4 years ago for dayssssss. I need to get it and start pumpin it agian.

Man, so many great games being brought up...

Star Tropics was awesome. I remember when I first played it at the Nintendo Powerfest. I was friends with the guy who owned our local video rental store, so I got the first copy of ST when it came in. I kept it out for a few weeks. The sequel was kinda weak, but not bad.

Zombies! That was truly one of the SNES's shining moments. Such a fun game. Again, weak sequel, though...

Crystalis was another game that I rented for weeks on end until I beat it. I wish I had gotten the GBA remake, but I never even saw it in stores...

But my biggest question is, what the hell happened to Kid Icarus??? That was such a great game, right up there with it's companion release, Metroid. Then there was the Game Boy game, and then nothing... Was it his work on Captain N that ruined him? I'll admit, the "-icus" thing was pretty damn annoying, but Kid Icarus seriously deserves a new game.

As for my suggestions...
Nightshade (NES)
Legacy of the Wizard
The Guardian Legend
Actraiser

And like Slodaddy said, we need some classic game collections. I mean, all the contra games in one package??? Hell, put Contra, Super C, and Contra III on 1 disc, and you've got my 50 bucks! I hope the Mega Man collections sell well. Maybe that will motivate these companies.

[quote name='BlueWingX']And like Slodaddy said, we need some classic game collections. I mean, all the contra games in one package??? Hell, put Contra, Super C, and Contra III on 1 disc, and you've got my 50 bucks! I hope the Mega Man collections sell well. Maybe that will motivate these companies.[/quote]

I have the Contra/Castlevania collectors edition for pc

Contra and super C
Castlevania 1, 2 and 3

I haven't played it much because I can't find my pad

I say play the originals. Example:making a new game altogether like prime is of course great. I would never want them to re-make the original metroid though. OG

Um....too late for the Metroid Remake.....

Have you not heard of Zero Mission? Its pretty damn sweet IMO and it even includes the entire original game as a bonus once you beat it.

Also, the Hudson classics are GREAT. I have Adventure Island and Bonk and I love 'em. The only thing that they really changed about either are the graphics. The insane difficulty is still untouched and the level designs are very close to what they were back in the day. Check 'em out

i would love to see an updated version of Bionic Commando. That was a kickass game.

Also would like to see an update of military madness. Great strategy game for turbo graphics 16.

I'd like to see a new Sparkster game. It's a shame nothing happened after Rocket Knight Adventures and Sparkster. Even just a GBA rerelease of those games would be nice.

I know, kids these days cant appreciate a good sidescrolling beat'em up. Some of my fondest game memories were River City ranson(the game that really made no sense lol). I used to waste more money than a heroin addict playing arcade beat'em ups, like punisher, blade warrior, captain commando, all those games.

bread's done
Back