Where can I buy a Saturn?

bradtwitty

CAG Veteran
I borrowed my brother-in-laws Sega Saturn years ago and I remember that I really liked the system. Recently I have a new found interest in the system that could. I can't seem to find anywhere that sells them. I do not do e-bay. Got stung by that real good on some "mint" games that had been DiscDoctored. If you have seen a disc doctor "fix" a disc, you understand my anger. Thanks for any input in advance.

eBay is you're only bet. No stores sell Saturns that I know of. You could try garage sales, that's about it. Just because one person ripped you off on eBay, doesn't mean everybody is like that. I've bought tons of things on eBay and I've only had one dud, which was a bootleg DVD somebody sold me. This is in the wrong forum too, you need Request a Cheapass Deal.

I got a v-saturn (made by JVC), It only plays jp games. U to find need the "magic-key" (a mod cart) to play NA games. Interested?

[quote name='praystation']I got a v-saturn (made by JVC), It only plays jp games. U to find need the "magic-key" (a mod cart) to play NA games. Interested?[/QUOTE]
If he doesnt bite send me a PM & cml :)

I have a few saturns for trade. And have traded several on CAG as well. I only have systems and power cords left, but will trade them pretty cheaply. pm me if you are interested. (I will be busy for the next few days with fall semester stuff, so I may not check my msgs quickly.

[quote name='Theenternal']I have a few saturns for trade. And have traded several on CAG as well. I only have systems and power cords left, but will trade them pretty cheaply. pm me if you are interested. (I will be busy for the next few days with fall semester stuff, so I may not check my msgs quickly.[/QUOTE]
any import saturns ?

[quote name='Epic Wolf']any import saturns ?[/QUOTE]

nope, there are many ways around that. The best looking for a decent import converter with the 1-4 meg ram upgrade so snk and capcom fighters can be utilized as well. companies like liksang and playasia probably still carry the stuff.

[quote name='Theenternal']nope, there are many ways around that. The best looking for a decent import converter with the 1-4 meg ram upgrade so snk and capcom fighters can be utilized as well. companies like liksang and playasia probably still carry the stuff.[/QUOTE]
O I know but I want to play KOF 95 and it doesnt work on US saturn with AR cart :cry:

[quote name='Epic Wolf']O I know but I want to play KOF 95 and it doesnt work on US saturn with AR cart :cry:[/QUOTE]

A US one can be modified, (not mod chipped, but that will work too) to play japanese games. Give me a few minutes and ill see if i can find the instrucitons.

[quote name='ch3zyp00fs']um, if you live in socal. There is a store called GameSquare. Pretty nice price 24.99. Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]
Never heard of this.. do they have a web site? And where are they mainly located? I've never seen them in San Diego, so they'd probably be in Anaheim/LA I assume.

Well I'm guessing their website is gamesquareusa.com because it came up when I googled, but the site is down right now. I really want a Saturn and will pick one up if they carry any.

[quote name='bradtwitty']I borrowed my brother-in-laws Sega Saturn years ago and I remember that I really liked the system. Recently I have a new found interest in the system that could. I can't seem to find anywhere that sells them. I do not do e-bay. Got stung by that real good on some "mint" games that had been DiscDoctored. If you have seen a disc doctor "fix" a disc, you understand my anger. Thanks for any input in advance.[/QUOTE]

I know you said that you don't do eBay, but you can always PM me an offer. Then, I could sell to you directly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8212853775&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

I think I have the only one available in my podunk county.

Does anybody have an idea when these things became rare?

[quote name='Theenternal']A US one can be modified, (not mod chipped, but that will work too) to play japanese games.[/QUOTE]

Actualy, Saturn mod chips don't let you play imports, just backups. The region switch mod works fine though.

[quote name='Fabrizo']Actualy, Saturn mod chips don't let you play imports, just backups. The region switch mod works fine though.[/QUOTE]

The mod chip will let you play a back up, when you have the iso of the back up, you can swap the code in the iso before you burn it. Further having Japanese import games such as Nocturne in the moonlight with U.S country coding.

:p

[quote name='Theenternal']The mod chip will let you play a back up, when you have the iso of the back up, you can swap the code in the iso before you burn it. Further having Japanese import games such as Nocturne in the moonlight with U.S country coding.

:p[/QUOTE]

Yea, you can do that, but it doesn't work with about 10% of the games out their, several of which are quite good (ex: Wachenroder).

bread's done
Back