Where can I buy a Wii Sensor Bar?

Hostile

CAGiversary!
Feedback
137 (100%)
I was vacuuming my room and it caught the little wire that the sensor bar uses and cut it in half. Should I go with the wireless ones instead?

Just splice the wires... the sensor bar is actually very simple. That wire only provides power/ground to the bar, no signals are transmitted over it.

[quote name='sp00ge']Just splice the wires... the sensor bar is actually very simple. That wire only provides power/ground to the bar, no signals are transmitted over it.[/quote]

When the vacuum cut the wire in half, it also sucked in the plug that goes into the Wii. O_O

[quote name='prettytendo']I've seen sensor bars at Walmart and Fred Meyer before if that helps...[/quote]

Looking for online deals. Most stores other than Gamestop aren't close to me.

[quote name='sp00ge']Just splice the wires... the sensor bar is actually very simple. That wire only provides power/ground to the bar, no signals are transmitted over it.[/quote]

So... it wouldn't be that hard to hook it up to a single battery with some ingenuity?

[quote name='QiG']So... it wouldn't be that hard to hook it up to a single battery with some ingenuity?[/QUOTE]

Running it off of a potato would be pretty MacGyver. I'd like to see pics of that!

I am against the wireless ones because:
(1) Makes you get up to turn them ON/OFF
(2) I often forget to turn it off and then waste a few batteries

You can make your own for cheap. All it is is two infra-red lights under the black plastic. Get them at Radio Shack and wire them to a 9V.

But, if you don't want to do that, wire the old one back together. If it doesn't work, buy another wired ones. Wireless ones use too many batteries and aren't worth the headache.

[quote name='mortalfloater']Go with the wired one from Nintendo. They have refurbs for $7.50. (Click here) Unless you can fix your broken one....[/quote]

The shipping was $5, which was the reason I asked the question here =p

[quote name='Hostile']When the vacuum cut the wire in half, it also sucked in the plug that goes into the Wii. O_O[/QUOTE]

Couldn't you open up the vaccuum canister or bag and try to retrieve the connector? The connector itself may not be damaged, and in that case it would be an easy fix.

If you can't do that then just wire a battery to the remaining cable. Or if you want to make your own it's simple enough. As said here previously, all it is is a couple of infrared LED's.

And if you get a wireless bar, then do think about investing in some rechargeable batteries, preferable lithium-ion.

bread's done
Back