Where can I find a SONY PSP battery?

steve_k

CAGiversary!
Where can I find a FIRST PARTY Sony PSP battery for my 3000 series PSP? Ebay is FLOODED with fakes from China. The only first party Sony batteries I can find on Ebay are used. Why would anyone buy or sell a USED battery? I need a NEW battery. I called serveral Gamestops, all whom claim to carry the item for $20 but are currently out of stock.

I bought a fake from Ebay dirt cheap, but after reading about the drawbacks of a fake PSP battery, I want the real thing. Where can I find one?

I just called another two Gamestops. I asked if they had in stock a Sony PSP battery. The first told me 'I don't know' and left it at that. In my opinion, that was pretty crappy customer service.

The second told me to go to Amazon. I only see one first party battery on Amazon, and it's $130. That's what the complete PSP system cost me! Are first party PSP batteries really that hard to find?

[quote name='skyknight']Are you looking for a regular battery, or the extended life battery with the special cover?[/QUOTE]

Just a regular battery, but the trick is that it needs to be made by SONY. I can buy knock-offs from China that will last an hour or two and die all day long from Ebay. I need a permanent fix.

I was in a pawn shop yesterday looking at their psp games. The lady behind the counter pulled out a bag full of psp discs, batteries, and battery covers. Maybe check your local pawn shops?

bread's done
Back