Where Can I Find A White PSP In NYC?

Merboy007

CAGiversary!
I've always perferred the white polar PSP but of course they were only released in Japan. Does anyone know where I can find a white psp in NYC??? P.S. I rather not have to buy one on e-bay.

Import shops. Ncsx and play-asia are very reputable. It also came out it Europe, so if you've got any relatives there, they might be able to help you out.

I figured that they would be found around ChinaTown. Thankfully for myself I happen to work near Chinatown I just don't find any stores that carry it. If anyone knows I would appreciate a name and location of a shop. Thanx!!!

its on elizabeth street. there are 2 game location on elizabeth street. the one across from the precinct which is called J&L. they sell lots of imports stuff but very pricey. couple of days ago i saw them selling wiimote for 50, classic 30, i think nunchuck for 30. they are very pricey. they even sell TMX elmos. PS3s. the other location is in elizabeth center. its right next to the precint. u have to go downstairs. i think the store is called Initial D. they might have the white psp.

thanx guy!!! Now I know that you cannot play American released UMDs on it since the white psp is only a import but do you guys think I should just wait for sony to release it in white or simply go with the import.

You can enable region-free UMD movie playback with the custom 3.02 OE-A/B firmwares. Sony has no current plans to release a white PSP in North America. Go for it.

I saw one in an Electronics store around Penn Station/Madison Square Garden area not too long ago. It wasn't in the Manhattan Mall. The store sold digital cameras, but there was a white PSP in a window display. It wasn't further than Sixth Ave.

You can get the ceramic white Japan only PSP from Play-Asia and if you pay for the really fast postage and there are no big earthquakes in Asia that disrupt communications, you can get it delivered in a couple of days from when you order it. That postage is like $38.

The unit has higher buttons and is a little easier to control on some games but the X and O are reversed for some reason I cannot explain.

[quote name='DSW90064']there are no big earthquakes in Asia that disrupt communications[/QUOTE]
um the big earthquake of the coast of Taiwan a few days ago

I just saw one on display window at a electronic store in midtown NYC, the store is right opposite to the N/R/W subway entrance, across manhattan mall.

Thanx guys for the replies. Its just too bad that I don't know how to configure it to play U.S. UMDs. I hear that there is a new "program" to allow it. I m just not trained at the art of "hacking" 8 (

Be careful of most of the Manhattan electronics stores- especially the ones around Times Square. Be very careful because you don't know what you are getting and they will rip you off royally if they can.

[quote name='DSW90064']Be careful of most of the Manhattan electronics stores- especially the ones around Times Square. Be very careful because you don't know what you are getting and they will rip you off royally if they can.[/QUOTE]

very true, i would not buy anything from any non-chain electronics store in midtown. I would skip J&L and that other shop in Elizabeth Center too. The prices for everything at J&L are fucking ridiculous. 50 bucks for table tennis! You should just order it online.

I believe the only way to play other region umds is to install a custom firmware, which may not be possible depending on what firmware comes installed on your unit.

bread's done
Back