Where can I find a Wii?

Lynsanity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I know that there is a Gamer Deal Thread that has the Circuit CIty, Best Buy, and Toys R Us ads, but is there anywhere on here or another site that consistently lists Wii Shipments, etc?

I found my Wii at Walmart cuz I was at the right place at the right time. There isn't a proven strategy. Just keep calling and calling, and haul ass when you hear about one. Being a persistent pain in the ass works. I called everyday for a month.

Just watch the ad threads in the deals forum. See when CC, Target or Best Buy has them in the ad. Show up a couple hours before opening that Sunday and you'll get one.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Just watch the ad threads in the deals forum. See when CC, Target or Best Buy has them in the ad. Show up a couple hours before opening that Sunday and you'll get one.[/QUOTE]

This. Check the Sunday flyers and go to a store that advertises it. Show up a few hours early.

Yes definitely check the ads and show up at least an hour early. You can usually catch a manager or an employee going in or possibly one will come to the door if you are waiting outside. Ask them if they have Wiis in stock and they are doing anything special for people who are looking for them.. i.e. many places hand out tickets ahead of time to stop chaos from ensuing when the open the doors. This is how they handled the Wii deal at my local TRU yesterday.

Being persistent helps, also being physically at stores helps too. Often GS/EB get shipments during the week. The big box retailers usually hold their systems for Sundays but sometimes whatever they receive they put out for sale.

I have been able to find 3 Wii's at different times. My personal system I got at a GS/EB on a sunday morning. Found they were featuring them in their weekly ad on CAG and showed up and stood in line. A week before xmas this year I scored one that I gave as a gift to my sister at CC. It was at 2pm on a Sunday and the guy said they got an extra shipment in after the morning lineup when they opened. who knows... And finally I just found one today which will be a gift to my little cousins. Just was picking something up at a local Target at 8am and they happened to have a few there.

So as others have said, a small piece of it is luck, but if you scout the sunday deals and check stores pretty often your chances of finding one increases significantly.

Good luck! :)

[quote name='Lynsanity']Thanks! Hopefully there will be some advertized in next weeks paper.[/QUOTE]

You don't even need to wait for the paper, thanks to CAG. Go to the deals forum and look at the threads by speedy and others that are pinned at the top. Make sure to look at the right week, since he posts the deals weeks early sometimes. These posts can tell you if the Wii is advertised and you can plan out your attacks.

bread's done
Back