Where can I find information on the differences of multi-platform games?

depascal22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
This might not be the right forum but I'm looking for un-biased information on multi-platform games. EGM used to have a small blurb for multi-platform games that would tell you the differences between the PS2, Xbox, or Gamecube versions. Xbox versions usually had better graphics while the PS2 versions had better controls. Now, every game gets the same score unless the PS3 version comes out months later.

I'd like to get individual opinions that don't come from the fanboy perspective of most of the forums here. I'd like to hear more than just Xbox Live has more people so you might want to pick that for a popular online game. I know that already.

I'd like to know if a game has 7.1 surround sound on PS3 but only supports Stereo on the 360. I know that Mirror's Edge has great physics effects on the PC but they're absent on the console versions.

So long story short, I'm looking for any websites that rate games individually by platform instead of giving all versions of Mirror's Edge, Fallout 3, or any other game the same rating even though the experiences on different platforms are different.

Eurogamer does a regular "Face-Off" feature. They focus mostly on graphics, but other differences will generally get mentioned as well.

Yeah, there's not many resources out there for that, which can be pretty annoying. IGN occasionally covers this sorta thing, though you have to subscribe to IGN Insider to see it.

Gametrailers.com tries to do a video comparison for certain games, but the list of games that they offer it for is so few that it's kind of negligible. Lacking selection, it's graphics oriented, and you don't see the true quality of the visuals via the video rip.

bread's done
Back