Where can I find the PSP 2000 Core System?

spraragen88

CAGiversary!
I am looking for a NEW PSP SLIM (2000 model) for my nephew and can't find them anywhere. Any ideas on where I could get one new online? The stores around me only have the Star Wars Bundles and I ca't afford those (my nephew doesn't want any of the bundles anyways, he just wants the console)

Good luck finding one. Every store around me has been sold out for at least a week, and so have online stores I've checked.

[quote name='cindersphere']Are these things hard to find. The local stores here all have had like 5 each for a while now.[/quote]
Besides the occassional Star Wars Bundle that most don't seem to want, I haven't seen any in my area, and most online stores are the same, so I'd say yes. It doesn't mean you will be unable to find these anywhere in the US, but general trend seems to be they are sold out.

[quote name='MongooseDoom']Sonystyle.com has them in stock with free ground shipping shipping[/quote]
Says out of stock for me

odd, I refreshed the page and it magically became in stock... :whistle2:s

[quote name='Ryukahn']Says out of stock for me

odd, I refreshed the page and it magically became in stock... :whistle2:s[/quote]

I ordered one yesterday from them and it shipped out already.

[quote name='MongooseDoom']I ordered one yesterday from them and it shipped out already.[/quote]

I'll have to look into it then. You can also get a 2 year replacement plan for $20, but they are charging tax. Sears.com was tax free.

It took many several trips to different stores to find a non-Star Wars one (I like the Black PSP Slim). I checked the local Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, etc. until I finally found one at Walmart.

The Star Wars version seems to be plentiful. It was a little to geeky for me, though, and I had no interest in the Battlefront game.

I was surprised that all of the non-Star Wars PSPs were sold out. Seems like a good sign for PSP - bad sign for Star Wars.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Something fishy about this. Can't put my finger on it, but something fishy.[/QUOTE]
People buying only PSP's that aren't the ugly Star Wars one seems normal to me :lol:

[quote name='whoknows']People buying only PSP's that aren't the ugly Star Wars one seems normal to me :lol:[/quote]
I like the SW one better, than my piano black slim :D

There was a bunch of the Daxter bundle at Costco the other day. But they also came with the cables for the TV and I think headphones, which put the price up to $250.

I saw a bunch at walmart today, star wars bundle and slim core, no daxter though. They must be coming back in stock in some places.

Waiting for my Slim Core to arrive from Amazon. Was surprised how fast FFT arrived from Amazon with the free shipping option as well. :hot:

Prices on ebay are way down, the bundle is going for less than retail, the ebay holiday shopping season is almost over and the bundles are back in stock on amazon and at some retail stores.

Best Buy and CC seem to be out, but around the various Wal Marts (can't swing a dead monkey without hitting a stupor store these days) seem to have quite a few of the Piano black ones... just no SW or Daxter bundles... I was in a non-descript pissant small town Super Center the other day and saw at least 5 of them in the case...

I'd also check Target, since they seem to have some deal with the devil w/r/t supply... (seems like the only store in my area that can get Wiis in stock for more than a day...)

I just saw a TON of these at my Walmart tonight! No Daxters, and a few Star Wars..

Will the Silver Slim ever be by itself?! It'll be cheaper, plus I already have Daxter!

I got the Daxter bundle even though i already had Daxter as well, but eh...maybe it'll come in use someday :p

Silver is nice though, you should get it anyways ;)

bread's done
Back