Where can i get a good deal on a World of Warcraft bundle (or which bundle)

An J0e

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
my friend is really into WoW and he will not leave me alone about it, so i am going to get it.

I was wondering if there was any kind of bundle that i should get. I need whatever expansion packs are needed to get to level 80 (please list cause idk) and i would like some kind of bundle that had a few month cards or something like that. I don't care about guides, just the game, expansions for 80 and subscription cards.

limited budget (getting this instead of Red dead R), any suggestions.

There is a bundle, it includes WoW and its first expansion. MSRP is 39.99 USD but you can ocasionally find it for 29.99 USD on sale. THOUGH right now Best buy and Target are running a promotion where when you buy the original WoW for 19.99 USD you get Burning Crusade for free. I would definitely do either or.

The newest expansion WoTLK unfortunately I know of no deals atm so you would have to buy seperately for retail.

If you do not plan on being a Death Knight (class introduced with WoTLK) I wouldn't even worry about buying the expansion until I get to the right level to enjoy it (68+ I believe). Though if I recall right you need a higher level character first in order to become a death knight so no worries.

can you get to level 80 with just burning crusade?

and do any of these come with subscriptions. I am assuming even the main game comes with at least a month.

(i don't care about deathknight, im probuly just going to be a rogue zombie so i can sneak into a city kill someone weak and then eat them.... preferably in front of friends of theirs that wouldn't be able to help without engaging me and signing their death wish :D (i don't expect to get very into it, i just need level 80 or i won't really be able to do anything with my friend who has multiple 80s.)

You need the newest expansion, Wrath of the Lich King, to reach level 80. I believe it comes with 30 days of game time, although if you do the best buy or target deal, you might get 30 days with both original WoW and Burning crusade.

Also, if you're not going to "get very into it," it'll take you a while to reach level 80, unless your friend plays with you the whole way.

Before buying anything, tell your friend to send a recruit-a-friend invite to you, so that you'll get some bonuses, including a free mount, and increased experience gain. Plus your friend will get a free month of game time.

No, your leveling will be stopped once you get to 68. When you buy the WotLK, you will be able to gain experience again. The original WoW comes with a 30 day subscription, the expansions do not.

Ok, well i will be getting the buy wow get BC, because my friend is leveling some frost mage or something anyway, so i don't have to be 80 right away.

to brownjohn, my friend already told me to tell him before i install it because the friend thing makes me level 3x as fast, and he gets a level every 3 or so, but that is a nice tip if i hadn't of known it.

Well, thanks for the quick responses guys. Ill leave the thread open for a day or two just incase someone knows some crazy good deal.

"Recruit a Friend" = 300% XP gain when you and your friend are grouped together, and your friend will get the mount, not you.

Definatly do that first before buying anything, you never know how much you'll like it. Also, you're getting into it at a bad time, everything you'll learn will have to be unlearned when the next expansion comes out in a few months.

Even with RAF, keep in mind that as a new player it'll take you weeks to a couple months to hit 80. That is, if you're playing regularly.

This may only seem odd to me, but you're skipping out on buying Red Dead Redemption for yourself to play WoW with your friend who's nagging you all the time to play? Try to restrain yourself from punching him as he's nagging you about everything that you're doing wrong while you're playing.

nahh hes a good guy, a few months ago he even got me a 12 month subscription to xbox live out of no where. as for nagging me while we play he def will cause he's a bit anal, but in a way that will be fun. We will probably just walk around cracking jokes (he is one of the top 10 people in his guild of like 400, so he will raid and do serious stuff with them), and doing stuff that is funny. One thing we are going to do isget some big ass monster from a quest (its a huge thing when you try to get some sword called thunder fury), and we are going to lead it into a city and just watch it kill alot of alliance .)

as for leveling fast, he has alot of 80s, and he said he has helped people get rogue 80 in a week (and he will probably level mine up a bit for me).

Wait. You're skipping out on Red Dead Redemption to get WOW? Even with the $20 deal where you're getting the first expansion for free with the purchase of the original game, you're still going to be paying a monthly subscription fee for the game after that free 30 days with the original.

I've never really looked into WOW too seriously but for me it'd be a case of which will I play more and which might I get bored with and end up having spent the money and feeling like I wasted the money on it.

To me, WOW would be a waste completely since I hate the idea of the monthly fee. But if you're ok with that, then by all means, but from the looks of RDR is gonna be a sick game and well worth the money for just the Free Mode online mode alone.

Only way I think I'd play one of these MMO's is if I could play the Star Trek Online one the way I wanted to(being able to switch sides and turn traitor whenever I wanted to without switching characters or having two accounts).

i am not really going to be playing it. Mostly i will just get on with my friend to do crazy stuff, or to grief the alliance. He has even crashed a wedding on there before. Snuck in and killed the bride while she was walking down the isle. He said almost everyone was wearing cloths instead of armor so it was easy. That is the only "fun" i will get out of it, so doing stuff like that is probable all i will be doing (griefing :D and stupidity)

To everyone saying get RDR instead, i would like to get that instead. Me getting wow is basically a gift for my friend.

[quote name='tekzor']get ready to give up your life![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tony208']WoW is a 24 hour job.[/QUOTE]

From the truth. The government could save a lot on money put towards abstinence promotion if they handed out free trials or convinced Blizzard to make WoW free.

bread's done
Back