Where can I get FFXI for PS2 cheap?

charlamagne

CAGiversary!
I'm looking for the PS2 version but I can't spend $100. So do any of you know where I can get it (online or off) for less than that? What stores?

[quote name='charlamagne']I'm looking for the PS2 version but I can't spend $100. So do any of you know where I can get it (online or off) for less than that? What stores?[/quote]

If you can make it to Kenosha Wisconsin (north of Chicago), the Goodwill there had 3 of them for $39.99 (as of Wed.).

My guess is that Target dumped them.

[quote name='redgopher']http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/210351.asp[/quote]

The game is $49.99

To play the game you need to spend:

Monthly: $14.99 per month or
Quarterly: $13.99 per month or
Semi-annually: $12.99 per month

12 months with 12 monthly payments: $179.88
12 months with 4 quarterly payments: $167.88
12 months with 2 semi-annual payments: $155.88

Annual Cost using monthly payment plan: $229.87
Annual Cost using quarterly payment plan: $217.87
Annual Cost using Semi-annual payment plan: $205.87

Thanks, but I'll pass.

I wonder when the Government gave Blizzard permission to mint money?

Chris

[quote name='b3b0p'][quote name='redgopher']http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/210351.asp[/quote]

The game is $49.99

Thanks, but I'll pass.

Chris[/quote]

Obviously you have NO idea how much money they spend to make more content \ maintain servers for the game.

And you do (Assuming you don't work for Blizzard or do their accounting)?

Seriously, $49.99 is standard pricing for a game that plays out of the box.

However, for this game, after spending $49.99 I have to fork over an additional $12.99-$14.99 per month in order to play?!?! That is messed up.

So, in 10 years when you feel like playing some WoW (or even FFIX) like the good old days I guess you are going to pull out your PS2 or PC Discs and fire it up and play? Good luck!

Exsqueeze me while I get back to my Final Fantasy III. Which just so happens to have been released ~10 years ago and I can still play it :shock:

With over 1.2 Million subscribers (http://mmogchart.com) they have an estimated monthly incoming revenue just from subscription fees of $18 Million. I think they are doing just fine. I might not be bitching as much if the game was cheaper or free and/or the monthly fee was free or less then $5 per month.

Hell, if the game was $100 and there were no monthly fees I think that would even be fair, but not in addition to $15 per month.

Chris

[quote name='b3b0p']Hell, if the game was $100 and there were no monthly fees I think that would even be fair, but not in addition to $15 per month.[/quote]

I agree. I'd also pay $20/mo if the software and all future expansions were free. Put people are paying what they ask, so they are going to continue to do it!

[quote name='b3b0p'][quote name='redgopher']http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/210351.asp[/quote]

The game is $49.99

Thanks, but I'll pass.

Chris[/quote]

So this thread stays quiet until I make the remark that WoW is better, and then we get into pricing and greed and stupid shit like that? Give me a break. Where were you when the OP first asked where to buy FFXI? You DO know it is an MMORPG, right?

By the way, EQ1 has been out for nearly 5 years, and its still online.

I hear there's a new Winnie the Pooh game out. You should go buy it, you god damn baby.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/255734.asp

I have one, I used the free month on it already but its mint. I want to get rid of it all. I have everything that came in the package, HDD, game and all. PM me with an offer.

[quote name='saadman']I have one, I used the free month on it already but its mint. I want to get rid of it all. I have everything that came in the package, HDD, game and all. PM me with an offer.[/quote]

You can't resell it. Your personal information is tattooed all over the serial numbers.

I also have one that hasn't been installed, but has been opened. I didn't open it, so I make no guarantees that it will work. Everything appears to be there and it seems to be brand new. I bought it opened from Circuit City (didn't notice it was opened at the time). I also still have the receipt in case it doesn't work. Will sell it for $45 shipped (very close to cost) and include the receipt. PM me if interested.

bread's done
Back