Where can I get the best deal for a SF4 gamepad or joystick?

lustyhitter

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
As we all know, Street Fighter 4 is coming February 17. I think we also know that the PS3 DS3 is inadequate for this game. What store should I go to in order to obtain a good 3rd party gamepad or joystick for SF4 for a good price?

Should I look into Amazon or any other online outlet, perhaps?

The packaging does not say 2.0 anywhere on it although it is written in Japanese.

I don't think it matters because i think it depends on the slot you hook the peripheral up to. The PS3 has USB 2.0 slots.

I have been to a lot of stores lately in the Montreal area and I only found 1 fight-pad and no sticks...

It was 360 chun-li fight pad and I saw it yesterday at the EB Games in Mascouche (the one near highways 640 and 25) I think it was 49.99 $

I saw one Blanka PS3 pad at the Gamestop at Shoppers World Brampton today. Would have picked it up myself if I didn't already have a Saturn pad.

Signed up just to say that there's a PS3 Hori Fight Stick for sale at the Gameshack in Atrium on Bay. I asked if they were getting any 360 stuff in and the guy was like "I'm trying to get the game in first then I'll get sticks". Heh

[quote name='mikeja72']Oh and do you know if these are usb 2.0? Basically Im wondering if I can tack on a 6' or 10' usb extension cord without a repeater on it so the controller can reach my couch easier.[/quote]
The pad has a 6 foot cord, and I use a cheap Canada Computers 6 foot extension between it and the PS3. Works perfectly.

[quote name='pree']Signed up just to say that there's a PS3 Hori Fight Stick for sale at the Gameshack in Atrium on Bay. I asked if they were getting any 360 stuff in and the guy was like "I'm trying to get the game in first then I'll get sticks". Heh[/QUOTE]
Oooooh...any idea how much it was? And was there only one?

[quote name='pree']Signed up just to say that there's a PS3 Hori Fight Stick for sale at the Gameshack in Atrium on Bay. I asked if they were getting any 360 stuff in and the guy was like "I'm trying to get the game in first then I'll get sticks". Heh[/quote]

EB is often slightly rude...I would have probably replied "Oh, so you're only capable of ordering one item at a time, huh?"

I just ordered a Hori Fighting Stick 3 off amazon.ca anyway. $49.99 with free shipping. Might take a few weeks to get here but I'm patient. I've read it's nothing the pros would use, but I'm no pro anyway. Hopefully it suits my SFIV needs.

EB pre-orders for the SFIV TE Fight Stick should hopefully be showing up in Canada over the next few weeks if their "Released in March" memo has any truth to it.

Maybe there'll be a few extras floating around, but I wouldn't count on it.

I don't even need a special one, just a plain old Hori EX2 would be fine. I'm just sick of this 360 controller, I can't play with it anymore it's driving me insane

[quote name='Clearly']EB pre-orders for the SFIV TE Fight Stick should hopefully be showing up in Canada over the next few weeks if their "Released in March" memo has any truth to it.

Maybe there'll be a few extras floating around, but I wouldn't count on it.[/quote]

I'm hoping so, really want this stick now that I'm absolutely addicted to SF IV.

Called this past weekend to see if the EB clerks had any info on when the TE sticks were coming in, the guy I got said "March 30" ...so starting to sound more like April now.

Can anyone else confirm?

[quote name='Clearly']Called this past weekend to see if the EB clerks had any info on when the TE sticks were coming in, the guy I got said "March 30" ...so starting to sound more like April now.

Can anyone else confirm?[/quote]

I got the same information when I was phoning my EB on the weekend. :bomb:

[quote name='Clearly']Called this past weekend to see if the EB clerks had any info on when the TE sticks were coming in, the guy I got said "March 30" ...so starting to sound more like April now.

Can anyone else confirm?[/quote]

Friendly EB (should-be) manager reaffirmed me that it'll be for the end of the month. Right now, I don't really care which stick I get; I just want one to act as my second.

bread's done
Back