Where can I go to get replacement/supplemental laptop chargers?

Keirnoth

CAGiversary!
As we all know, laptop chargers are one of those things that the computer industry never seemed to have standardized on. Makes for getting replacements a pain since they cost an arm and a leg and/or are incredibly difficult to find.

I recently bought a secondary charger from Amazon.com for an EliteBook 8440p. However, when I tried plugging it into my power strip, I was getting a small orange spark as I plugged it in. Seeing how I only paid $10 for it, I'm pretty sure it was CHINA QUARITY that was kicking me in the rear, so I'm planning on returning it and getting a replacement.

So my question to you is, is there a place that is like the monoprice.com for laptop chargers? eBay and Amazon seems to have tons of these Chinese knockoffs for sale (and I'm well aware that most of monoprice's cables are Chinese-manufactured), but I'd like to get something that is as close to the HP version as possible. I don't mind it being third party, but I just don't want to pay a whopping $60.00 + tax for it. A quick google search yielded TopMic.com as a good place for higher quality chargers. Anyone have experience with it? Anyone have any other suggestions for where I can get one for both a decent price and good quality?

Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Those items I have found to be cheaper in the brick and mortar stores then online. But the prices in your area may differ. I would check Radioshack (especially the sales they have going on) and Staples. These stores are often overlooked and when I got there for PC peripherals they have them in spades are dirt cheap.

Check Amazon again to see if you can find one for your computer made by Anker. I just purchased an Anker branded one a few weeks ago for my Dell Latitude E6500, and I'm pretty impressed with it. Feels solid and has been working like a champ so far. Also can't complain about the price I paid ($12.99). Not sure how it will hold up in the long run, but so far so good.

Haven you tried visiting your laptop maker's website? They might have a clearance/refurbish section on their site to sell stuff they have officially fixed.

Friend bought a refurb'd replacement battery for his IBM Thinkpad and it worked just as well as his original 3-4 year old when it was new.

bread's done
Back