Where can I sell my old DVDs?

iceblast21

CAGiversary!
I'm looking to trade in some old DVDs, but I'm not sure where to go. Does GameStop even buy DVDs anymore?

Any good sites that'll trade me $$$ for my DVDs?

THANKS! :D

[quote name='hopeunknown']amazon's not bad. if there's any fye stores around you, they take trade ins too.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply!

I think there's an FYE store nearby... Any idea if I can get price quotes before I make the drive?

Otherwise, I forgot my old standby: Wherehouse.com! They buy games, CDs, and DVDs...

Just sucks that stuff I want to get rid of is almost worthless... :bomb:

[quote name='iceblast21']I think there's an FYE store nearby... Any idea if I can get price quotes before I make the drive?[/quote]

Secondspin.com is the same as "used FYE". The prices listed on their website for trading in to them is the same price FYE B&M will give.

[quote name='Kerig']Secondspin.com is the same as "used FYE". The prices listed on their website for trading in to them is the same price FYE B&M will give.[/quote]

Good to know.

[quote name='Sooku']Try SwapADvd; there should be a link to it in my signature.[/quote]

Will check it out...

[quote name='HughMBeing']SecondSpin was pretty decent when I used it...like six years ago.

http://www.secondspin.com/[/quote]

Ditto.

[quote name='guyver2077']I dont think amazon is good at all.. unless you really want pennies for your dvd's.

i think im just going to give mine away[/quote]

I think I'll end up keeping these dvd's or giving them to fam. The trade-prices I'm getting are just laughable...

[quote name='Kerig']Secondspin.com is the same as "used FYE". The prices listed on their website for trading in to them is the same price FYE B&M will give.[/quote]

Will check it out, thanks!

My wife just brought in to her work about 75 DVDs this week and offered them for $3 a piece. About 50 of them sold within a couple hours and the rest were bought by a person for $2 a piece. Not bad for no work at all.

[quote name='addicted2games']My wife just brought in to her work about 75 DVDs this week and offered them for $3 a piece. About 50 of them sold within a couple hours and the rest were bought by a person for $2 a piece. Not bad for no work at all.[/quote]

I do that at garage sales. $3 bucks a piece and just say no to low ballers. It's cheap enough for these quality titles that you don't need to save that buck.

Except on the last day, then I just wanna get rid of them.

As someone who used to do a lot of used DVD selling on Amazon and half, let me just tell you it's a buyer's market right now like I've never seen. I quit with the online stuff because after Amazon took their cut, there wasn't enough to really make it worth my while to do to the post office three times a week. Unless you're sitting on a bunch of rare, out of print titles or a bunch of Criterion stuff (and even that's going down,) the people suggesting you just sell them for $3/each are on the right track. With a glutted market, piss poor economy and Blu-Ray starting to make inroads, the time for getting a decent return on DVDs is over.

Your best bets seem to be the $3 idea, selling them on CAG, or if your desperate for funds a pawn shop (which is probably comparable to what you would make on Amazon after their cut).

If your looking to get newer movies I would say trade some into Moviestop (if you have one near you). In my case trading 4 old movies and getting a new release blu-ray for $5-6 is pretty fair (or DVD format for free).

I realized that dvd's were becoming a waste and that I should just go with netflix. I could get netflix and 12-16 rentals in a month for the price of one dvd. Anyways 2 years ago I traded in almost all of my dvd's to blockbuster when they were offering 5 dollars a dvd in store credit. They ended up giving me store credit around 200 on a gift card. I sold the gift card off on Ebay for 180 and made like 160-170 after Ebay's fee. Last time I checked regular dvd's go for 1-3 dollars tops on Amazon and like previously mentioned after Amazon takes their fee out and lowballs you on the shipping costs it's not worth it. You are looking to make 50 cents to 75 cents per dvd.

Thanks for all the great suggestions, CAG community!!!

I did do some online searches, and we're talking $0-$ .50 on most of the DVDs I'm wanting to sell - which is just stupid and not worth the effort of shipping.

I WISH there was a local shop like "Movie Stop" or whatever, but I live in IL! The best I HAD was Suncoast, but all of the locals closed down and it'd be a loooooong drive to get to another one...

Selling them at work or at a Garage sale seems to be the best bet - I'm looking for minimal effort, since the profit margins are slim to non-existent.

But hey, on the bright side, these are DVDs I paid almost nothing for, during last year's Black Friday! :p

I know some ppl have told me before that their local BB's don't do this, so this may be YMMV, but...

All of my local Blockbusters give a minimum of $4 trade-in credit on any dvds they take. That's where I dump most of mine.

How about trying a pawn shop, there has to be one in your area that will buy them. I realized they were a waste after buying a couple DVD's so I just stopped buying them especially since I am more likely to just watch them once and then toss it aside and never watch it again.. Same thing will happen with Blu-Ray and I have a CRT TV with no intentions of upgrading so its completely pointless for me to get into that format. With video games I play them over and over and I always seem to come back to the older titles I own as well. I only bought a handful of DVD's in my life and most of those were 3$ anime titles from big lots. For that price I didn't care what happened to the value of them as the 3$ per title was well worth it for me (this was like 2 years ago). I only bought the movies I really like and want to keep on DVD which is about 5 movies total. I gotta get a DVD of the movie Tron, so if anyone wants to sell one to me, PM me.

Also my library rents DVD's for FREE, they even had the movie King of Kong. You might want to check out your library for dvd rentals since mine does this. Ours has a great selection and there is no cost at all.

bread's done
Back