Where did you buy your 360 and why?

on ebay, wanted one after a while and saw that prices were pretty good (before snipers started uping it). I got a premium minus tax and saved like $20. Meh...I'm enjoying it and it hasn't died on me yet

took mine out of the back seat of a car in the Best Buy parking lot at night.

i also got a 3 year old kid out of that car that i sold on the internet for an extra wireless controller and a bigger hard drive

[quote name='mogamer']I also bought mine at Micro Center got a premium for $300 + tax (I don't do credit card deals). It was the best deal of the season and yet it isn't listed in the poll! A true CAG wouldn't have bought a X360 anywhere else last Christmas if they lived within driving distance of a Micro Center.[/quote]

i don't live near a microcenter and have never heard of it up to this point. that's why theres a regional option :D

Gamestop...I had a lot of credit built up from K-mart clearance games and the extra $10 while trading in 3 games deal. I grabbed it right after Christmas with the free year protection plan and GRAW.

[quote name='doubledown']Got my launch one at GameRush (Blockbuster) because I had enough credit to cover the cost.[/QUOTE]

Same here!!

Wal-Mart at 4 AM on a whim. Yep. I dropped $500 on a 360, GRAW, and another controller because they were simply there. I hadn't seen a damn 360 in MONTHS, so when I saw the lone Premium...it had to be mine.

My two buddies that were with me were just in disbelief.

Gamestop because I wanted it at midnight on day 1.

I was the 10th person on the reserve list at a store that only got 10 units in...ahh...good times.

Regional Store/Meijer because of the 20/28% off general merchandise deal a few months back. and coincidentally today & tomorrow! fun!

got a launch system at best buy, due to the fact that I have never had a problem with there psp or prp

when that one broke a 2nd time, I sent it back to best buy, got my $420 (tax) and purchased an elite from best buy.

Costco b/c people forgot to look there. I was 3rd on line at the store Launch day. Best buy/CC/Walmart were all mobbed. People only started to realize later on. Stayed up all night for the damn thing and never even opened it for a month. Glad i got it at costco since it RROD this past april and I returned it for a full refund and was able to get an elite from them. Love the costco lifetime warranty!

Sams Club originally, but only had it for 2 days before taking it back because it was freezing right out of the box. Then went over to EB and got one. If I could have got it at Costco I would have, but there are none around me.

[quote name='poolshark181']i don't live near a microcenter and have never heard of it up to this point. that's why theres a regional option :D[/quote]

Even though Micro Center only has 20 stores, they are located from California to Boston, MA. So they are technically a national chain. And they have a pretty good website also. It's a good alternative to Best Buy, Circuit City, Compusa (when Compusa was in MI). I guess I'm lucky to live near one.

bought mine from CC january of 2006 because I could. I was hoping to get one for Christmas and they were still hard to get. I checked online availability one Sunday Morning and saw there were consoles in stock about 45 minutes away and I raced down there to grab one of the last ones. Needless to say that console is broken and I have a slightly newer one now.

Toys "R" US

When I worked there I was an R-Zone associate. I was able to pre-order a Xbox 360 bundle there because not many people were buying them.

[quote name='asianxcore']Toys "R" US

When I worked there I was an R-Zone associate. I was able to pre-order a Xbox 360 bundle there because not many people were buying them.[/QUOTE]

Which TRU did you work for?

I was still working at the sunnyvale costco when the 360 launch. The day before we had a pallet but the next day it was no where to be found. Turns out one of the forklift drivers put it in the produce isle.

I got my 360 core, the one that I have kept at Tower Records when they were clearancing them out for 50% off. Core, I know it sucked, but it has worked out.

That fancy Overstock.com deal.

I think it ended around $315 for a Premium, when all was said and done (last August). :cool:

i too got the it from the overstock deal, i got the system plus a game and a wireless adaptor, shipped all for less than 400 bucks. Plus it was tax free. The system hasn't ever had any problems and i will have had it for a year on the 23

[quote name='elsnow77']i too got the it from the overstock deal, i got the system plus a game and a wireless adaptor, shipped all for less than 400 bucks. Plus it was tax free. The system hasn't ever had any problems and i will have had it for a year on the 23[/QUOTE]

WTF. You basically got a free game AND wireless adapter? I envy you. I've been meaning to buy that damn wireless adapter the day it launched but I could never justify $100 for it. I also never wanted to bother with the 3rd party ones because none of them are G compatible, thus not allowing me to stream videos.

I bought it at Best Buy.

I bought it to play games on it....

I bought it at Best Buy because... well... that's where it was in stock and I could get it. Also a decent warrantee, I suppose (don't have a costco 'round me).

I bought mine at Best Buy because I got a 12% off coupon to work with it, so I got it for about $360+tax. This way way before the price cut.

[quote name='RudyPants']Overstock.com - $399.99 - 10 percent off coupon code + no tax and $2 shipping = happy me.

Oh yeah, I got it last October.[/quote]

Same here, only it was 12% off for me I believe.

I picked my Premium up last September (for NHL 07) at Target, with the 10% when you apply for the Target Card. Plus they were running a free $25 gift card promotion at the time, and the controllers were on sale for $39.99 as well...not a bad deal. Ended up paying $375 + tax for a Premium w/ an extra wireless pad, and then got a points card and year of live later that day for $40 with the 10% off plus another coupon.

bread's done
Back