Where did you find out about CAG?

StinkyCheese

CAGiversary!
A freind bought me a game a long while back, saying he found a deal on Cheapassgamer. Months later, I signed up. I cant remember the deal or the game.

your stories?

I was search for videogame sales on google and I found it. I typed in "cheap games". I though I found a pron site before I went in.

[quote name='ananag112']GameFaqs.com[/QUOTE]

FTW. Man I've been here for almost 5 years now.

Hey Cheapy, I need something for being on here for 5 years ;)

Summer of 2003. Back when Ziff-Davis was still using Gamers.com. Good deals and free demos and stuff kept popping up on their forums so I went to the source of these good deals. Been a CAG ever since.

I heard about CAG during the Circuit City $5 deal. I heard about it at a few forums along with the Circuit City store itself. I decided to check out the site myself, and that's how I got here. Started out as mostly a lurker (only posted in a few threads), then became a regular over a year ago.

EGM had mentioned the site in their magazine a while back and I thought about checking the site out but never did. Then about a month after I had been listening to the destructoid podcast, the CAGcast and CheapyD came up on the website and the podcast so I thought I would check it out and see what it was all about. I started listening to the CAGcast and about a month and a half of listening to the CAGcast, I finally registered to the forums and became a member.

[quote name='hero101']I was search for videogame sales on google and I found it. I typed in "cheap games". I though I found a pron site before I went in.[/quote]

Same.

It was often mentioned on the (now defunct) website ByteSizeDeals.com. I was actually a member there in 2004, I believe. I don't know why I didn't come here sooner. I think I did, and the front page frightened me, with its awful layout.

I typed in "cheap games".

That's exactly what I did. Back in '04ish. But with Yahoo!, I think.

So you can all blame them.

gamefaqs...I lurked for over a year before I registered and it was another 6 months to a year before I started to post regularly

Joystiq mentioned Cheapy and CAG in a bunch of podcasts, one of which Cheapy actually made an appearance, and I finally wound up joining in October 2007. However, at the time, I had no interest in becoming a part of the community and chose a ridiculous name. I came to really like CAG and rejoined on January 1, 2008, and the rest is history. :drool:

From some random guy using the computer at Fry's. He was apparently logging into his account. I just happened to pass by and noticed the CAG banner

Google Search for "Cheap Games" at first I didn't think much of it and forgot about it for like 2 months and then found id again and fell in love.

saw mention of it on a website talking about Multimedia 1.0 in NYC. They said CAGs complained alot about the prices in the shop :lol:

I know I did a search on google for cheap games. I probably didn't sign up for atleast a year and would just go to the homepage.

Saw it in the EGM issue many years ago a few others mentioned.

I lurked for a few months, before finally signing up.

bread's done
Back