where do you purchase games online?

metroidkiller9

CAGiversary!
Feedback
-1 (0%)
i used to get all my games online from ebgames.com. the benifits of free shipping with no tax made me happy to buy games their full price. now with the newly implemented tax and the utter lack of free shipping im at a loss as to where to buy my games online. i was thinking videogamedeals.com would be an option with the lower price and free shipping on orders over 30 but they dont always have the game im looking for. for instance the next game im looking to buy is la pucelle tactics and vgd doesnt carry it. so where do you guys buy your games online? i know i wont get many responses since most people here have never payed full price for a game but i thought id give it a shot.

im not really looking for a good deal on this game. i doubt there will be any deals on this game considering atlus' history. im just looking for a place to buy it online w/o tax and free shipping hopefully.

EBGames, EBay, Lik-Sang, Best Buy.com.

Actually it comes down to CAG's recommendations and the cheapest prices I can find the game.

[quote name='red flare graf']Well, there's no fix for tax, but can't you just use the coupon "saver" for free shipping at ebgames.com?[/quote]

thats only for used games if im not mistaken.

I order most of my stuff from ebgames.com But yeah since they got rid of free shipping I haven't ordered anything from there. With 25% used games, (usually temporary) drops on specific new games from time to time (Buffy at $10 for example) I would order from there 3 or so times a month. At least their cheapest shipping option *is* pretty cheap ($2)

I'll probably wait until I have 3-4+ used games I want to get and place an entire order at once (would it be $2 shipping no matter how many games you get?)

I also just placed my first order with the EA games store, but I doubt I'll be buying much from there at all. Don't think I've ever ordered from BestBuy.com as I can almost always get a better deal B&M using the GGC, or if B&M is out of stock from ebgames.com

And I haven't ordered from gamestop.com yet (except I did get a travel case from them) because they don't guarantee case and manual for used games. Kills the deal for me.

I've pretty much only ordered from Ebgames. The only other place I've ordered from is Target when I got Disgaea. I think Best Buy would be a good place, since they had free shipping, but their game supply seems to be pretty limited or out of stock on the good games.

[quote name='metroidkiller9'][quote name='red flare graf']Well, there's no fix for tax, but can't you just use the coupon "saver" for free shipping at ebgames.com?[/quote]

thats only for used games if im not mistaken.[/quote]

You can add a cheap used game to your order and then put on the saver code, and get free shipping for your entire order.

I mostly use Ebay because right now, the majority of games I buy are import PS1 and PS2 prices and I don't like spending $55-$65 on those games.

Otherwise I use EBGames.com mostly. Because the lack of free shipping and sales tax do not bother me since until last year, the minimum shipping used to be $4.99 from EBGames.com and I have always had to pay tax.

I also use NCSX for imports I cannot find on EBay.

I've only ordered a game online once, and that was at ebgames.com (ordered used Disgaea). I always prefer buying games in-store, though.

bread's done
Back