Where Does the CagCast Rate Amongst Your Favorite Podcasts?

First, because all of my other podcasts get annoyign and repetitive. With the cagcast... theres always somehtin new, funny, and awesome! :D

CAGcast is almost certainly number 1. I really like 1up yours alot, and the 1up show but the CAGcast is the only one I listen to every week.

CAGcast is definitely #1 for me... then there's CAG Foreplay. Joystiq is ok, but gets a little boring sometimes.

Other than games, I listen to Craftypod, Japancast, Craftsanity, and MuggleCast.

CAG is definitely my favorite, though. I can rarely get to sleep when we go to bed here, so Cheapy and Wombat keep me company and mask the hubby's snoring ;)

[quote name='Dingleberry']The only podcast i've ever listened to was the CAGcast until I started looking at this thread and I gave 1up Yours a try from all the suggestions....and I must say, I've listened to 4 episodes today, and I'm liking it a ton.[/quote]Ditto!

1. Cagcast (biased because of the $50 gift card I got today? You betcha!)
2. 1Up Show
3. 1Up Yours
4. Retronauts Bonus Stage (no new eps for a while)
5. Medispective
6 Downloadable Content the PA podcast
7. EGM Live
7. alt.npr: press start

i only listen to this, foreplay, and DS Life. i've actually become so attached to the cagcast that i think if i even tried to listen to an equally-popular gaming podcast that i'd be a sort of fanboy about it and just act like cagcast is way better.

i figured this out on the episode when they played a clip from major nelson's show. just hearing him talk made me angry and i thought "this guy's a douche" and i just wanted to hear cheapy and wombat's voices again.

edit: i love how wombat is smarter than cheapy, and my favorite parts are when cheapy says something stupid/wrong and wombat corrects him, or just laughs to himself. not that cheapy is stupid or anything, i just think wombat is particularly intelligent.

[quote name='Maddgief']Right now I rate it at number two behind only 1up yours.

I think Wombat and cheapy do a fabulous job and I hope they try less to be like the other guys and keep on track with their banter and camaradarie.

1. 1up Yours
2. Cagcast
3. EGM
4. Hotspot[/quote]

My list includes the same podcasts, but in a slightly different order. I give the edge to Cagcast.
  1. Cagcast
  2. 1up Yours
  3. EGM
  4. Hotspot

1. Game Theory - A Mature look at games
2. Retronauts
3. PCGamer
4. NPR-Press Start

I don't listen to Cagcast anymore. It was getting too long (though some other podcasts I listen to since I stopped getting Cagcast are getting pretty long too...), and too...juvenile. I just couldn't take it anymore. My two-cents.

Aye, the CAGcast is definately number one on my favorite video-game themed podcasts to listen to. I'm not sure why, but this podcast seems more 'genuine' than others that I listen to. Not that other podcasts are say, advertisements or have people that don't care, but listening to the podcast is definately a more fun and enjoyable podcast than many others in a natural way.

The CAGcast is the only gaming podcast I still listen to...I tried to get into Major Nelson, 1up, Destructoid, 2old2play, and DS Life but they didn't "stick". Although now that I've got a 360 I might give the Vagina Clown another whirl.

Here's my podcast list from Juice, in the order of my love for them:

1: CAGcast
2: Savage Love Podcast [snarky sex advice]
3: Filmspotting [indie movie reviews and chatter]
4: Real Time with Bill Maher [audio feed the HBO show]
5: Real Synthetic Audio [goth/industrial/ebm music]
6: SynDown [ebm/synthpop/electro music]
7: CAG Foreplay

First of all I would not recommend all games interactive. Scott rubin is a washed up loser who knows diddily about games. Jessica is a ok reader as all the whole freakin show is a damn joystiq/kotakau readalong with scott reading everyone's comments in the chatroom. For a better interactive podcast listen to Evil Avatar Radio, the hosts and chatroom is halfway inteligent, unlike All Games interactive hosts/listers who act like damn gamefaq spawn. Same thing with ign podcasts, jeez its like they hate all games, its a hour and a half of them bitchin about how games suck, bunch of gaming eletists. Used to listen to orange lounge radio. shame though, when they didn't have that primidona princess bitch (Dork Sukra) its actually entertaining, but when she is on my ears bleed. She is probally doing what she does best complaining and failing at life.

Enough with the rant.

1. CAGcast
2. 1up yours- would be tied with the cagcast if lukems was still there and the fact Shane Bentenhousen is still gainfully employed.
3. CAG Foreplay : Down with the Ships! ( Mrs Shipwreck sounds hot, > than Jen Tsao)
4. Video Game Show (gamercastnetwork.com one not the other one on all games network)- funny as shit; short to the point; doc adams songs are teh best
4a. Game Theory podcast : what?!? inteligent objective people on a podcast? rare indeed.
5. GFW- Jeff Green/the Shawns great show. Whiskey nerd, hero's of the web, greifing tips!!! whats not to love?
6. Evil avatar radio - good most of the time, needs to be weekly
7. Retronauts- good depending on the topic, frankly i don't give damn when they talk about RPG's and mega man

I'm a big fan of all the Ziff Davis Podcasts, with 1Up Yours being my overall fav. The Sports Anomaly is also shooting up my list of favs.

The Cagcast is fun, I was bored with the first couple of episodes, but once I got familiar with Cheapy and Wombat it really grew on me.

I like the Podtoid, but it's not for everyone.

Smodcast is Kevin Smith and Scott Mosier basically bullshitting for an hour or so and I like that a lot.

Cag Foreplay is good, still a little rough around the edges, but they give some good info.

Basically what I want in a podcast is people who enjoy talkign with each other discussing cool topics and feeling free to go offtopic.

I love the CAGcast and Penny-Arcade. I have tried 1upyours and retronauts, but they made me wish I'd never been born.

Cag cast (The only podcast i keep all the episodes of to relisten to)
1up yours
Achievement junkie
major nelson
Egm live
Joystiq
Ign is afk
Video game show (gamercast)
Ign game scoop
Cag foreplay
Game theory
Ign Wii-k in review
Oxm

Video game podcasts:

1up yours
CAGCast
GFW Radio
Hotspot
EGM Live
Retronauts
VGO

Others:
Buzz Out Loud
This American Life
Morning Becomes Eclectic
All Songs Considered
TWIT
Macbreak Weekly
Net@Nite
BusinessWeek
Diggnation

i like the cagcast the best.. it was kinda the "first".. but listening to other "gamer" pod casts its definately one of the better ones

so cag cast, Lex and Terry, Coast To Coast AM via streamlink, Magic the gathering official podcast, and thats about it.. i guess.. Rancid Radio on xm is kinda like a podcast.. (i have a nexus so i record the radio shows i like..) i also kinda like the one on the boneyard (xm) with this guy from vh1 classic.. his name escapes me.. but its pretty good..

but for "podcast" exclusive.. cag cast is pretty much the only one..

real radio nothing is funnier than Lex and Terry.. and coast to coast am is great..

all and all.. podcasts=radio shows without commercials and i've noticed that the radio programs have been steadily increasingly more popular better content and more enteretaining then TV..

Since I have nothing nice to say about George Noory, I won't say anything at all.

Concerning gaming-centric podcasting, Shawn Elliott is really developing a pantheon of characters and is touched with greatness. He's got an uncanny ability to find the perfect shade of 'nerd' for whatever he's reading, whoever he's targeting.

I would not be surprised if, like Luke Smith, he's gone from 1up.com's confines by this time next year, as I'm sure there are many people who probably feel like they could harness his chops for their own purposes. If he would get to voice "Ralphie", "Whiskey Nerd", et al for some cartoon based around them, I'd be all for that.

CAG is my #1 VG Podcast. IGN and 1 up are just too annoying and unprofessional that I can't even listen to them anymore (or at least rarely). I would put major nelson as #2 but my gripe with him is he can't say anything bad about a game.

I only recently found the CAG cast a week or two ago. My first one was Calling All CAGS and I really enjoyed it. Wasn't annoying and felt like I was just hanging out with Cheapy and Wombat. I've since downloaded and listened to every episode from the beginning (I do this during work) and still love the show. Sometimes Cheapy tries too hard to be like Howard Stern with certain mannerisms but it's understandable in his current situation.

I'm sorry, I can understand how someone could like the Cagcast over some other podcasts like IGN and 1UP, but because it is more professional than those other ones??? I LAWL thinking about that. The cagcast is a lot of things (mostly good) but professional......., I'm going with not so much on that one.

[quote name='cgarb84']I'm sorry, I can understand how someone could like the Cagcast over some other podcasts like IGN and 1UP, but because it is more professional than those other ones??? I LAWL thinking about that. The cagcast is a lot of things (mostly good) but professional......., I'm going with not so much on that one.[/quote]I never mentioned CAG as being "professional". My point with IGN and 1up is that they are supposedly top "professional" media representatives to our industry to the outside media. All they do is make us as a whole look like a bunch of annoying assclowns instead of taking responsiblity as they should and portray us and our industry as a legitimate and intelligent entertainment medium (this also includes pretty much everything on G4TV as well).

CAG as of now isn't a media/news/review outlet and can actually do whatever they want as far as maturity level goes (basically because no one is watching them news wise). CAG is for the most part as of now just a source of finding the best internet and retail deals on video game prices. Now hopefully as CAG grows and they evolve and take on these other responsibiliites they will know better than to act like the retards over at the "reputable" news sites.

Lastly I don't think Cheapy D or Wombat are forcefully trying to be stiff up the ass "professional" (this place is called cheapASSgamer). They are having great success with a casual and fun podcast without the expence of being overly annoying. I like to compare the CAGcast to DiggNation. Those guys drink beer and get drunk on the show while talking about various topics as well as news related topics yet they are seldom if ever annoying and highly successful with their technique/format. Besides we're talking about the Internet here. There are surely different sets of rules or paramaters for the internet as compared to broadcast news.

The bottom line is the "reputable" places act irresponsible and are extremely annoying as well as biased in many cases and the outlets that aren't even looked upon as the CNN & BBC News of our industry act more professional/responsible than the reputable ones.

Sorry for the long post, I just knew someone was going to bring this exact topic up with out reading between the lines thus forcing me to type the lines in-between.

Your last post should've been your first one. The way you worded your first post made it sound like you thought the cagcast was more professional than some of the other ones out there (at least it did to me).

To your point about video game news magazines and websites being unprofessional, I agree somewhat. Sometimes some of the people working at these places act like retards. But here is the problem with video game writers acting like the "news" or BBC as you said, these are VIDEO GAMES. We aren't discussing politics or economics here. I mean the majority of games are meant to be light-hearted and fun. Personally I feel like gaming would become stale and boring if eveyone in the industry acted like Dan Rathers all the time. Games are designed to be fun so lets report on them in a similar manner. Gaming journalists should know when to be serious and when to have fun and act like a bunch of jackasses.

Well like all other media, you have your "sophisticated" professionals and than on the other end of the spectrum you have your shock jocks. Both are a necessity, in my opinion.

Can you guess which side the CAGcast is on? :lol:

[quote name='Maddgief']Right now I rate it at number two behind only 1up yours.

I think Wombat and cheapy do a fabulous job and I hope they try less to be like the other guys and keep on track with their banter and camaradarie.

1. 1up Yours
2. Cagcast
3. EGM
4. Hotspot[/quote]

I agree with everything you have said and your list. Thats the four gaming podcasts I listen to. CAG, 1up and EGM is essential listening to me everyweek. Hotspot I listen to if I have the time but I do check out their on the spot show Friday mornings. Thats usually very good.

Seriously, the cagCast is the one that makes me laugh the most. 1up yours is great cause it falls on a friday and I usually come home all trashed and throw on the headphones and pass out to it, usually entertained. CAGCast is the best mid-week podcast by far, and GFWRadio is my favourite starter.

I'm glad I found this thread. I just now really started getting into video game podcasts.....really podcasts at all for the most part. I had a little experience with one talkshow podcast but other than that I hadn't messed with any.

I found out awhile ago about the EGM Live podcasts but up until recently never could get the email with the link on it to the right site location to work properly till a few days ago so for now i'm just downloading and listening to all those I missed. I'm going to have to write a list down of a lot of ones yall have come up with though because it sounds like they'd be interesting to listen to. I have to stick with just audio ones right now because with this crappy connection till I upgrade I don't know if I could watch or download video ones.

The latest 3 episodes of EGM live have been solid. They started working with shorter segments, and it really keep things moving instead of the normal podcast format of a 90 minute conversation.

1. Bill Simmons BS Report: I don't miss an episode. I think he's hilarious and I like friendly chatter style of interviews and perspective on sports.
2. CAGCast: The chemistry between Cheapy and Wombat is great and they really feel like "the average gamer"
3. Xbox 360 Fanboy: In addition to me being most interested in the 360 of the 3 platforms, The hosts of this show really compliment each other well. Knuckles Dawson is the deal sealer for me, but having played on XBL with him that he doesn't rub everyone the right way.
4. Hotspot: We'll see if this remains a must listen for me, following Rich's departure. I consider myself a fan of Gertsman's, but on the first show without Rich he felt alot more "canned" and as a result, less enjoyable. Hopefully, he'll become more comfortable in the host role.
5. OXM Podcast: I think I like this more as a result of what they're talking about (Xbox) than the hosts. I may switch this out for Achievement Junkie in the near future, which I have enjoyed listening to previously.

[quote name='F8X']I have a big list so here goes.

1 .this WEEK in TECH- Join Leo Laporte, Patrick Norton, John C. Dvorak, and other tech luminaries in a roundtable discussion of the latest trends in high tech. Winner of "People's Choice Podcast" and "Best Technology Podcast" in the 2005 People's Choice Podcast Awards. Released every Sunday at midnight Pacific.
Pretty much the best podcast out there
2. DL.TV - Patrick Norten and Robert Herron talk about Tech.
A great Tech Podcast, with very good tips on how to improve your digital life, also the show is powered by hampsters
3. Diggnation - Diggnation is a weekly tech/web culture show based on the top digg.com social bookmarking news stories.
Great and funny show, with tons of beer.
4. The 1UP Show -Welcome to 1UP's new weekly show on the latest and greatest from the world of gaming. Each week, the editors of 1UP cover new titles and discuss the latest topics in gaming
Now I agree with everyone that
5. CAGcast - Join CheapyD in Tokyo and Wombat from NYC as they discuss industry news, game previews and reviews, deals and shopping, life in Japan, and much more!TheCAGcast is the official podcast of Cheap *** Gamer.
A fantastic show with two distinct and different personalities, it helps when the listeners are crazy too(seeCAGBAG)
5. GFW Radio - Games for Window's Weekly Podcast - GFW Radio, the podcast from the folks at Games for Windows magazine. Through the glorious magic of the Internet, you can listen to theGFW editors and occasional guests pontificate and yammer about all sorts of PC game related issues.
This podcast made me want to get the Magazine, the editors and hosts of this show do anexcillient job and on top of that they are one of the funniest podcasts out there. If you like PC Gaming.. GO LISTEN TO THESE GUYS NOW!
5. 1UP Yours - 1UP Network editors sound off on the latest topics in gaming. Everything, from the latest gaming news to the new game releases, gets discussed each week.
This one shines above the rest of the pack, has everything you would want and more
8. Cranky Geeks - CrankyGeeks is a technology-related Internet show produced by Ziff Davis Media centered on debating technology topics of the week. The debaters are usually other bloggers or tech journalists. It is hosted by industry pundit John C. Dvorak.
Its Dvorak, nothing more needs to be said
9. Podtoid - Destructoid.com's Video Game Podcast
Very funny and VERY NSFW, if you've ever been to Destructoid you will know what the podcast is like.
10. EGM Live* - Electronic Gaming Monthly Magazine's Weekly Podcast - the EGM gang as they talk about the latest topics in gaming, new and cool games, and behind the scenes details about working on the EGM magazine.
Good video game podcast from the editors of EGM, although I don't like Jennifer Tsao to much, I think she lacks the personalty of her counter parts.(that might be a good thing)
11. Xbox 360 Fancast - Podcast for xbox360fanboy.com
Very good Xbox Podcast ( when I get a Wii I will start listing to Wii specific podcast too :p)
12. OXM Podcast - The Official podcast for the Official Xbox Magazine
3 hours of tech news, what more can a man ask for.
13. KFI Tech Guy- The complete aircheck of Leo Laporte's technology call-in radio show minus commercials, news, and traffic.
14. 1UP.com - Retronauts- 1UP's retro blog where editors discuss classic games and classic systems, and how they relate to the current gaming scene. Reader participation viaSkype is encouraged!
Great podcast about retro games, often overlooked
15. net@nite - What's happening on the 'net right now? Amber MacArthur spends every waking moment combing the net for cool sites, viral videos, and funny and moving moments online.
Talks about what is new on the Internet, and its live (talkshoe)
16. Windows Weekly with Paul Thurrott -A weekly look at all things Microsoft including Windows Vista, Office 2007, and Xbox
Not the best Xbox authority, but they do talk about Microsoft Products and news.
17. Maximum PC's No BS Podcast - The Maximum PC Podcast
Very Good PC Podcast, covers everything. (for some reason this works really well with Counter-Strike: Source)
18. The Totally Rad Show - The Totally Rad Show is the summer blockbuster of geek news shows. Every week, hosts Alex Albrecht, Dan Trachtenberg, and Jeff Cannata rip into the world of movies, video games, tv, comics, and more and pull out what's rad.
Its a Rad show that covers everything, very funny
19. Security Now! - Steve Gibson, the man who coined the term spyware and created the first anti-spyware program, creator of Spinrite and ShieldsUP, discusses the hot topics in security today with Leo Laporte.
Its about spyware and its intreasting.
20. NPR - Its flagship programs are two drive time news broadcasts, Morning Edition and the afternoon All Things Considered; both are carried by nearly all NPR affiliates and in 2002 were the second- and third-most popular radio programs in the country. In a Harris poll conducted in 2005, NPR was voted the most trusted news source in the US.
Good news coverage and very accurate.
21.Major Nelson- "Major Nelson is the Xbox Live gamertag of Larry Hryb. I work at Microsoft under the title of ‘Xbox Live Director of Programming’ in the Xbox Live product group and use this podcast as a method to communicate to anyone interested in Xbox and Xbox Live."
it may be like propaganda, but it's official news
Vagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina ClownVagina Clown
22. SmashCast: Podcast about Super Smash Brothers.
The Smash Boards Podcast, new and maturing.
23.Buzz Out Loud from CNET - Buzz Out Loud is CNET's "podcast of indeterminate length," featuring Tom, Molly, and producer Veronica's entertaining, sometimes caustic, and always skeptical take on technology news.
Very good and very frequent podcast about tech. Great for when there is nothingeles to listen to.
24. 1up.com: The Sports Game Guy's Sports Anomaly podcast dream come true! - Join 1UP's Sports Game Guy as he and resident sports gamers discuss the hottest topics in sports video games. A sports gamer's
I'm just starting this one so it needs some time to mature, but it's good so far
25. Joystiq - The Official Podcast for Joystiq.com
It's good, but it's rare
26. Engadget - The Official Podcast of Engadget
Good Tech Podcast, just lacks the personality that the others do
27. The Laporte Report - The Laporte Report is a compilation of Leo's appearances on other radio shows and podcasts, speeches, lectures, and any other audio that defies categorization.
Not really a podcast, and does not come up often, but it's still a good listen
28. FLOSS Weekly -We're not talking dentistry here; FLOSS all about Free Libre Open Source Software. Join hosts Chris DiBona and Leo Laporte every Friday as they talk with the most interesting and important people in the Open Source and Free Software community.
(note: It has not be active for a long time.)

I'm also thinking of checking out Epileptic Gaming, Gamertag Radio, and The Fanboys .
I used to listen to the Hotspot but Gamespot (as a site) is horrible when compared with 1up IMO. The fact that 1up offers for free what Gamespot makes you pay for is great. I mean fuck, this is Cheapassgamer after all, right?

The 1up Show is ten times better than On The Spot. Although Gamespot reviews are the most critical of the industry.[/QUOTE]

I listen to many of these podcast and I like alot of them.

I'll add:
Gamingsteve - no long around but BY FAR THE BEST PODCAST EVER!!!!!!!!

here is i rank mine, i usually listen to them while on my paper route or playing a game that dosent have a story line, or has a story line that dont matter such as new super mario bros :)
and i watch the video ones in a little screen at a corner of my monitor while doing my daily routine (email,RSS,ect.)

1.CAGCast
2.TWiT
3.DSLife,WiiSpot,PSP
4.Diggnation (Video)
5.PCGamer
6.The Totally Rad Show (Video)
7.InDigital (Video)
8.PFW In Progress

then everyone once in a while ill listen to a joystiq or destructioid podcast :) but i dont consider them my top since i dont subscribe to em, just download one if i think it might have something interesting on it

i also might try foreplay again, i listend to the first 2 and they sounded really nervous so it was kinda weird, i told myself id listen to em again in the future tho, figuring they would get better

anyone that hasnt listened to CAGCast since #1, should go back and listen to the first 6 minute episode lol :) u can clearly tell that they have gotten better

CAGcast, 1up Yours, and Retronauts rank among the top three with no clear winner.

I also listen to CAG Foreplay, the rest of the 1up network (EGM and GFW), and Major Nelson.

I never miss a show of any podcast. I always have it ready in my Zen for my commute to and from work.

Lately, here is my list:

1. CagCast

2. Anime Pulse

3. WoW Radio: Titan

4. WoWCast

5. World of Warcast

6. _mediocre show

7. Smart Wrestling Fan

8.MuggleCast

9. Dan Carlin's Hardcore History

10. The Instance

I currently only listen to 3 podcasts, those being the cagcast, egm live and 1 up yours. out of the 3, the cagcast outweighs the other two by far, it's what I look forward to every week and makes the week go by faster. I look forward to the cagcast. and with ziff davis media being 295 million in debt, I doubt 1up (1up yours, 1 up show, egm live, egm) will be around much longer.

I still haven't gotten to download any CAGcast yet. I'm still catching up on EGM live. They had like 70 I missed because of that error that used to keep the page from opening up for me. I'm looking forward to it though.

All Games Interactive and Orange Lounge Radio are awful.

VirginWorlds is an EXCELLENT podcast, it's like the NPR of MMORPG podcasts. It is more professional than "professional" podcasts. (Except the last two weeks there have been guest hosts who have been awful... if you listen hopefully Brent will be hosting as usual!).

I listen to Analog Hole Gaming and I don't know why. The hosts have good chemistry... but there's no content to speak of. Basically you hear about what the hosts did last week.

1. VirginWorlds
2. CAGcast/CAGforeplay
3. GFW
4. MOG (MOG Army?)
5. Analog Hole Gaming
6. PC Gamer

I'm subscribed to many more gaming ones but I don't actually listen to them. I don't see the huge attraction to 1upyours...

Other podcasts...
CBC Radio: The Best of Definately Not The Opera (DNTO) - FUNNY Canadian podcast, like "This American Life" except better (to me anyways).
IODAcast (wide variety of music)
NPR Wait Wait Don't Tell Me
Vital Signs (short medical program, actually very interesting)
NPR PRI: Fair Game
NPR On the Media

Video podcasts:
Ask a Ninja
the show with zefrank (sadly it's over and in reruns, but it's great)
cute with chris
VH1's Best Night Ever (I don't really watch TV, and this summary of what was on TV last night amkes me feel good about my decision, heh)
Tiki Bar TV used to be good... they hardly release new episodes any more
gametrailers.com

1: Diggnation
2: CAG
3: CAG Foreplay
4: Totally Rad Show
5: Extra Life
6: Platformers
7: Playstation Nation
8: Ctrl Alt Chicken (It's not on anymore though)

I want to give another mention to Video Game Outsiders. Fans of the CAGcast might like it. It's definitely more PG-13 but, like Cheapy and Wombat, it's just non-industry gamers talking about what they've been playing and what they think about gaming news. That said, I'd still rank it below CAGcast and 1UPYours on my list of favorites.

1. GFW radio - Although most here aren't PCgamers, I would reccomend it, as I think they have the most entertaining podcast personalities. Jeff Green and Shawn Elliot have made me laugh out loud a lot, almost embarrassingly at work. They go off on tangents all the time that are almost always funny and entertaining with a lot of self-deprecating humor and Shawn Elliot's voices, and are frank enough to just come out and say a game sucks. Also Shawn Elliot is unintentionally a great salesman for whatever game he is playing at the moment.

2. 1upyours - I really like the dynamic of the group, the clash of personalities and game tastes makes for an interesting discussion and different perspectives (kind of like the EGM reviews). I think it is missing something without Luke Smith's involvement, not that he was my favorite, at times he was rather annoying, but his personality and rants (even when I disagreed) added something that is now missing.

3. NextGeneration - I guess this is over and is now the Game Theory podcast. I started listening to this podcast mainly after hearing Gary Whitta on the PCgamer podcast, I found a lot of his gaming opinions fall in line with mine, plus he is an enjoyable host. They have lots of great interviews with developers and other industry people, and sometimes they end up sitting in to talk about the other gaming news. I like getting the more in depth perspective from actual developers and those inside the industry, you can really hear the passion some of them have for their games.

4. CAGcast - I really like the average gamer perspective and I enjoy the personalities of both Cheapy and Wombat. This is my favorite internet site, and one of my favorite podcasts.

5. PCGamer - This is the more informative of the two PC gaming podcasts I listen to, but it can be a little dry sometimes. Sometimes the PC bias is a little too strong, some of them are too antagonistic towards anything related to consoles. But they are a great source for the latest PC games.

[quote name='msdmoney']1. GFW radio - Although most here aren't PCgamers, I would reccomend it, as I think they have the most entertaining podcast personalities. Jeff Green and Shawn Elliot have made me laugh out loud a lot, almost embarrassingly at work. They go off on tangents all the time that are almost always funny and entertaining with a lot of self-deprecating humor and Shawn Elliot's voices, and are frank enough to just come out and say a game sucks. Also Shawn Elliot is unintentionally a great salesman for whatever game he is playing at the moment.

2. 1upyours - I really like the dynamic of the group, the clash of personalities and game tastes makes for an interesting discussion and different perspectives (kind of like the EGM reviews). I think it is missing something without Luke Smith's involvement, not that he was my favorite, at times he was rather annoying, but his personality and rants (even when I disagreed) added something that is now missing.

3. NextGeneration - I guess this is over and is now the Game Theory podcast. I started listening to this podcast mainly after hearing Gary Whitta on the PCgamer podcast, I found a lot of his gaming opinions fall in line with mine, plus he is an enjoyable host. They have lots of great interviews with developers and other industry people, and sometimes they end up sitting in to talk about the other gaming news. I like getting the more in depth perspective from actual developers and those inside the industry, you can really hear the passion some of them have for their games.

4. CAGcast - I really like the average gamer perspective and I enjoy the personalities of both Cheapy and Wombat. This is my favorite internet site, and one of my favorite podcasts.

5. PCGamer - This is the more informative of the two PC gaming podcasts I listen to, but it can be a little dry sometimes. Sometimes the PC bias is a little too strong, some of them are too antagonistic towards anything related to consoles. But they are a great source for the latest PC games.[/quote]
Nice list, very similar to mine. I have never listened to the Game Theory podcasts before, maybe I will give it a shot sometime. When you are talking about the PC Gamer podcast being a little "fanboyish" towards PC games I'm assuming you are mostly talking about Dan Stapleton. That guy never has anything good to say about console games. Other than him I think the rest of the crew play a lot of console games, at least it seems that way to me.

1. SModCast - Kevin Smith is a funny mofo
2. Penny Arcade - Never updates
3. 1 Up Yours
4. Sherdog Radio - MMA
5. CAGCast - It's okay but not nearly abrasive enough

If you're a big anime/videogame fan you can try GFR as linked below.
Please excuse the audio quality of the latest ep, as something
tanked on us.

I think only 1 or 2 CAGs listen to us now, but then again I just made
that sig today...

1. GFW Radio (Everyone has explained this enough, Hilarious and Smart)
2. 1up Yours (Most rounded gaming podcast you can find)
3. CAGcast (I find that I listen to CAG more for Cheapy and Wombat than any gaming info they can provide, Cheapy should be proud of his beautiful man voice and urge to go Knuckle Deep)
4. Retronauts (this would be higher, but it has not been the same without Jeremy Parish, that man KNOWS games)
5. EGM Live (the new format has been improving this show)
6. PC Gamer Podcast ( A little light on personality, but very informative)
7. CAGforeplay (up and coming, but still a little uneducated on geek culture)
8. IGN Podcasts ( These started as space fillers as I have a lot of listening time each week, but they are starting to grow on me)

Does anyone else find it funny after Major Nelson telling Cheapy and Wombat about the number of downloads his podcast gets, yet no one here has mentioned it.

bread's done
Back