Where is best place to Pre-Order a Wii. Where they will ship on first come basis?

FuzyBaffy

CAGiversary!
From peoples experiences with the 360 I have read that months later even after christmas they hadn't recieved their 360's when purchasing a preorder from Gamestop/EB. Do you think they learned their lesson and what happened with the 360 won't happen with the Wii. Even though the Wii will have many more consols available than the 360 I really want to get it the day it comes out (Or sooner because sometime mailed preorders arrive before it is released!)

I was figuring on getting an online preorder because my local Gamestop in Center City Philadelphia Constantly screws me over. I am literally the first to sign up for many preorders and they sell out before I arrive, bitches. They almost never call or leave a message like they say they will, teases. From everyone's experience with the 360 where would be the best place to put my order in for the Wii? Which companies preorders usually come on a first come first served basis. As I am probably going to try to preorder the system today or as soon as possible.

Thanks for any help. I am sure this will be of interest to many.

Gamestop has a automatic message system that calls you the day before to notify you of the pre order.

My advice is for you to pre-order in a store, and for insurance camp out at a Wal-Mart, Target or BB on launch day. That way you have two ways of getting a Wii. If you get one in line, then you can cancel your pre-order, if you don't get one in line then you have your pre-order. Sure its more work, but it will almost guarentee you getting the system on day one.

Rumor is Target won't be getting any Wii's before Christmas because of the broken DS Lite street date.

[quote name='djkunai']Rumor is Target won't be getting any Wii's before Christmas because of the broken DS Lite street date.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Yeah, I'd bet.

[quote name='alongx']Anyone know if US Toys R Us is taking Wii preorders?[/quote]

I know my TRU is writing down names and numbers in a pre-pre-order list. They had one for the Wii and one for the PS3. It wasn't official and no money changed hands. I put my name down for the Wii and I was second on the list.

My local EB/GS said they weren't taking pre-orders yet until they knew how many each store was going to get in order to avoid the 360 fiasco. Basically, if you are able to pr-order the Wii at EB/GS, then you should get one.

[quote name='djkunai']Rumor is Target won't be getting any Wii's before Christmas because of the broken DS Lite street date.[/quote]

And you heard this rumor where? This would make no sense for Nintendo to cut out one of the larger retailers from selling it's product.

[quote name='mtxbass1']And you heard this rumor where? This would make no sense for Nintendo to cut out one of the larger retailers from selling it's product.[/QUOTE]

It is standard operating procedure for Nintendo to cold shoulder stores that break street, but it is doubtful that they will cut off Walmart and Target.

Plus, according to last nights press conference, there will be 4 Million unit, I am not terribly worried about the system. I am more concerned with supply of the accessories, I remember I had to wait two weeks to get a GC memory card, had to leave Luigi's Mansion on for 3 days. Good Times

[quote name='dwhelan']I am more concerned with supply of the accessories, I remember I had to wait two weeks to get a GC memory card, had to leave Luigi's Mansion on for 3 days. Good Times[/QUOTE]

The Wii has some internal storage and uses SD cards... you're safe there. But something tells me there'll be a Wii shortage of Wiimotes.

[quote name='dwhelan']It is standard operating procedure for Nintendo to cold shoulder stores that break street, but it is doubtful that they will cut off Walmart and Target.

Plus, according to last nights press conference, there will be 4 Million unit, I am not terribly worried about the system. I am more concerned with supply of the accessories, I remember I had to wait two weeks to get a GC memory card, had to leave Luigi's Mansion on for 3 days. Good Times[/QUOTE]

They can be upset over the broken street date all they want but at the end of the day, as #2 discount retailer in the US, they need Target more than Target needs them.

2000 hand slaps points for wrong forum!!! Shame on you for being a CAG veteran.

P.S: Nice photoshop on the boobs picture

bread's done
Back