Where is best place to sell dvds for money quick

[quote name='Smidget']Secondspin, I've sold MANY (100+ titles at a time) to them, decent prices.... you just have to send it out.[/QUOTE]

Do you know if there B&M buy back prices are the same as the website?

I was seeing a lot of decent movies on trading in for 25 cents =( Scary Movie 3 was $1 for ws and $2 for fs, what is that about >_

Yeah looking at their website, unless you have something that is still pretty expensive (Sopranos, ect.) their trade in prices don't look that hot to me at all. I used to get pretty decent prices at CD Warehouse when I went to trade stuff in there but it's been a while so who knows, they probably don't offer anywhere near the same amount anymore.

There is really no "good" place to sell DVD's. They have very little resale value. And "quick" all depends on how much you want to sell them for. Put a DVD up for sale at $2, it'll go quick. Put it up for $8, it will be there a little while.

[quote name='freshzen']

I was seeing a lot of decent movies on trading in for 25 cents =( Scary Movie 3 was $1 for ws and $2 for fs, what is that about >_

[quote name='georox']Its a crappy mass-produced mainstream movie aimed at the MTV crowd. It's not something that holds value.[/QUOTE]

I realize its not a good movie, just pointing out that the full screen version is worth more than the wide screen version. Actually that movie is far worse than most of the 25 cent movies I checked. I'm thinking if they already have too many copies the movie automatically goes down to 25 cents...which obviously isn't worth shipping at all.

[quote name='freshzen']I realize its not a good movie, just pointing out that the full screen version is worth more than the wide screen version. Actually that movie is far worse than most of the 25 cent movies I checked. I'm thinking if they already have too many copies the movie automatically goes down to 25 cents...which obviously isn't worth shipping at all.[/QUOTE]

They probably have more copies in the widescreen format, so they offer a higher buyback price of the version they have less copies of,

I've sold to them a couple times, some movies get 3 or 4, and every now and then they do an extra 20% trade in. Also, if you trade in a certain amount, I think its like 6 or so, they re-imburse you for the media mail shipping.

[quote name='freshzen']I realize its not a good movie, just pointing out that the full screen version is worth more than the wide screen version. Actually that movie is far worse than most of the 25 cent movies I checked. I'm thinking if they already have too many copies the movie automatically goes down to 25 cents...which obviously isn't worth shipping at all.[/quote]
at the used place i work at i always noticed that,even on older titles at bestbuy it will be like that.generally comedy is better sold at fullscreen and drama on widescreen.

Good luck getting more then $3-4 for almost any DVD older than 6 months. At that time they become essentially worthless. I have about 50 in my trunk right now that I try and unload everytime I spot a new DVD trade-in store...its been months now. Even Blockbuster only takes new releases.

bread's done
Back