Where is Katamari?

hyogen

CAGiversary!
for ps3..... :'(

they release it for 360...then plan on Wii/PS3...then cancel them? anyone have any news?

[quote name='crystalklear64']Isn't that penis game like katamari? get that[/QUOTE]

It is nothing like katamari aside from being weird

In all seriousness Beautiful Katamari is nothing but the PS2 games running in 16:9. I was a huge Katamari fan when the series first got rolling (baDUM CHAaaa), but even a fan like myself hasn't even really cared for playing it on 360 more then a few levels. You're not missing much, really.

VGChart'z fictional numbers show 320k for the US. I would love to see the NPD numbers.

If this game even sold 50k copies along with some DLC I can't see how Namco doesn't want to put out more games like this. The game has been the same on almost every console/platform so it has to be easy money for Namco. I'm surprised they haven't announced a new game yet.

Beautiful Katamari was...kind of crappy and soulless. I'm pretty sure most of the original team was working on Noby Noby Boy or other projects and it showed.

I could have sworn I read about a Katamari game coming out in the future that was going to revolve around the King of All Cosmos but I can't find the link again. There are some mobile Katamaris in Japan as far as I know.

Personally I'm all Katamari'd out. If a King centric game comes along that changes the gameplay ala Prinny then I'll give it a shot.

Beautiful Katamari was a huge disappointment to me. I was at least hoping it had no slowdown and fixed some technical issues on PS2, but it didn't really. Plus I felt the controls were weird on 360 since Katamari just feels best with symmetrical sticks IMO. The game also just didn't feel as good or as complete as the rest, so I eventually sold it.

I remember when this came up:
katamari6825.jpg

http://playstation.joystiq.com/2007/09/11/beautiful-katamari-rolling-back-home-probably/

The Eternal Sonata PS3 leak on the official site was right, but this didn't happen. The picture was real, I remember that day very well, when it appeared and went away.

There is no such thing as bad katamari.

Expectations, though, play a huge role in what you get out of it. When Beautiful Katamari came out, expectations were huge because of the new hardware and the high (for Katamari) price.

I picked it up last week (finally) now that I have a 360 . For 17.99 used I have no complaints. To me, it's all one game anyway, that just happens to spread out over three platforms.

When Katamari was cancelled for PS3, I remember it being said that it would make it to PS3 in some form "eventually". I believe that. But don't hold your breath.

Oh, and Noby Noby Boy is awesome.

That's just a re-skin of pac-attack.
There's been 2 katamari mobile releases here though. One for iPhone/Touch and another modile version. They release something every year. I still would like some katamari costumes for SCIV

The crazy thing about Beautiful Katamari is that it's much harder than the previous versions. It took me 5 tries to roll up hot things because I kept crashing into ice cream/polar bears/water. Protip - I'm not playing Katamari to prove anything, I just want to relax and roll stuff into balls. Less is more.

I wish the DS version would have been released. I have not played Beautiful Katmari but I felt the original game was excellent, We Love Katamari was very good, the PSP game was ok but the worst of the 3. If Beautiful Katamari was released for PS3, I would still get it (no interest in a Wii version since I hate the idea of using Wii controls for the game)

katamari on the iphone SUUUUUUUUUUUCKS...it is so slow...i feel like I get a solid 10 frames a second at most. The game makes it seem like the phone weighs 300 fucking pounds and you can't get the fucking katamari to move

[quote name='akilshohen']That's just a re-skin of pac-attack.[/QUOTE]

With an ending song "sung" by vocaloid Hatsune Miku. (According to Famitsu)

[quote name='Malik112099']katamari on the iphone SUUUUUUUUUUUCKS...it is so slow...i feel like I get a solid 10 frames a second at most. The game makes it seem like the phone weighs 300 fucking pounds and you can't get the fucking katamari to move[/quote]
did you get the patch?

[quote name='akilshohen']did you get the patch?[/quote]

I second that. Much better after the patch and a restart.

However, game was waaaay too easy. I beat it in around two hours with very minimal retries.

[quote name='Treehouse Gamer']I second that. Much better after the patch and a restart.

However, game was waaaay too easy. I beat it in around two hours with very minimal retries.[/quote]

Hmm..gonna have to re-download the updated one...

bread's done
Back