Where is Ocarina of Time for DS???

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Super Mario 64 has been out for ages now. Why aren't they planning to release OoT for the DS? Can the system not handle it? Has Nintendo ever commented on this?

I don't think the analog controls translate to touch pad that well. Better than expected, but not as well as the N64 greats deserve.

[quote name='banpeikun']I don't think the analog controls translate to touch pad that well. Better than expected, but not as well as the N64 greats deserve.[/QUOTE]

This exactly. Honestly, I couldn't stand Super Mario 64 DS for the controls alone.

Maybe we will see this on the DSi store?

doubt it usually Mario gets the port treatment
I'd buy this at a budget price though :p (would prefer Majora's Mask though)

Super Mario 64 has been out for ages now. Why aren't they planning
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

[quote name='Trakan']Please don't bastardize my favorite video game console with gimmicky titles.[/QUOTE]
Fixed.

[quote name='laaj']For next handheld Nintendo should look at pressure sensitive d-pad for 3d games.[/QUOTE]

The nature of the d-pad makes this impossible. It's either on or off. Even if it were pressure sensitive, it'd still be hard as hell to control. An analog stick might work if it's nothing like the PSP's.

[quote name='KingBroly']It's where it belongs: On the Wii Virtual Console.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Some classics make sense to bring to handhelds, this isn't one.

[quote name='KingBroly']It's where it belongs: On the Wii Virtual Console.[/QUOTE]

Now how am I supposed to play that on the crapper at work?

[quote name='javeryh']Now how am I supposed to play that on the crapper at work?[/QUOTE]
Talk it over with the boss.

[quote name='javeryh']Now how am I supposed to play that on the crapper at work?[/QUOTE]

How long are you taking in there? If I'm looking for a game I can play in BM-sized time frames, Ocarina isn't my first choice.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']The nature of the d-pad makes this impossible. It's either on or off. Even if it were pressure sensitive, it'd still be hard as hell to control. An analog stick might work if it's nothing like the PSP's.[/QUOTE]

Why would it be hard? Think of it as d-pad on top of analog stick. Developers can just use it as regular d-pad or use it as analog stick.

Not enough buttons to hotkey inventory items (hook shot, bombs, etc.). Just look at Link's DS outing...all touch screen fighting. I don't think Ocarina would be the same with the different control scheme.

[quote name='databuild']Not enough buttons to hotkey inventory items (hook shot, bombs, etc.). Just look at Link's DS outing...all touch screen fighting. I don't think Ocarina would be the same with the different control scheme.[/QUOTE]

B jumps, Y attacks, A picks stuff up and interacts with objects.. R trigger would put you into whatever mode you needed to be in to shoot bows and arrows, etc.. the "hot keys" would be what the touchscreen is for, all action would be on the top screen.. it could easily work

[quote name='bvharris']How long are you taking in there? If I'm looking for a game I can play in BM-sized time frames, Ocarina isn't my first choice.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I also like the phrase "BM-sized time frames" and I will start trying to work that into conversations.

[quote name='bvharris']If I'm looking for a game I can play in BM-sized time frames, Ocarina isn't my first choice.[/QUOTE]
lol ... unless you had Taco Bell for lunch!

bread's done
Back