Where is the Black PSP Slim?

OGHowie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Is Sony holding back the Black PSP Slim until their old stock is sold? I only see it on Amazon with a release date of tomorrow 10/2 but I don't see it anywhere else. Almost everyone else shows the Stars Wars bundle as coming soon but the Black PSP Slim is nowhere to be found?

Those PSP Slim dates got all screwed up, eh? In the beginning, wasn't the black model supposed to release with the Daxter pack on 9/1?

[quote name='Rocko']Those PSP Slim dates got all screwed up, eh? In the beginning, wasn't the black model supposed to release with the Daxter pack on 9/1?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I remembered too. Stores probably have too many of the old PSPs.

I haven't seen the Black PSP Slim in my area. Most stores do have at least 10 copies of the Daxter Bundle.

[quote name='Rocko']Those PSP Slim dates got all screwed up, eh? In the beginning, wasn't the black model supposed to release with the Daxter pack on 9/1?[/quote]

I'm almost sure the date was always 9/10...at least thats what I remember from this years E3

Also, I've heard reports about the black slim appearing in Targets (they started selling 'em early) but mine doesn't have any of them

Ah, you're right, it was originally 9/10. The silver bundle ended up coming out early, though, and the black almost a month late. Crazy.

so......the black one should hit stores in less then two weeks ? I hope so cause I got credit that expires in two weeks :(

my wife's store had been out of stock of non-bundled PSPs for a while. I just assumed they'd ship them with the Daxter bundles. When they received the Daxter ones, they received a half dozen regular non-Slim PSPs.

I'll ask her to check if they've either tied the new SKU to the old SKU, so they can replenish stock with the Slim model or if Best Buy will be carrying four models come Christmas (Daxter, Star Wars, Slim Black, regular Black)

I went to my local Target (Nashville, TN area) and they had the black PSP slim, about 5 of them. So I jetted over to GameStop since I have $80 credit there and I've been waiting to use it on it. They only had the Daxter packs and the old PSPs, and the guy there indicated he had no idea when they were getting the black slim PSPs. And that was extremely weird to me, so I said "Well that's strange, Target has them and you being a video games only store, I would figure you guys should probably get them this week, wouldn't you think?" and all I got was a blank stare.

I did drive to Wal-Mart and Best Buy and neither had any, so I assume Target did put them out early, but if by the end of the week the other places have them and GameStops in this area still don't, I'm going to be pissed because I'll assume they are holding out trying to get their old PSPs out. Screw that, I want the freakin new one.

They are proaby trying to clear out the stock of original PSPs before releaseing the Slim Black fully. I'm going to look around to day, maybe circuit city will have it or something.

try going to Fry's electronics, saw a ton of them right beside (a ton) of Halo 3 legendary CE, bout 2 days ago....they even have the AV cables for the slim psp there

Hmmmm, you're in Arkansas, so me being Tennessee, the ones around here should be getting them. So far I've checked 5 in the area and none have had them, or at least they aren't putting them out yet.

Ok....this is getting ridculous. Now all 3 of my local GameStops are claiming they have no idea when they are getting the black slim PSPs. They know the Star Wars packs are coming next week but have no idea on the black ones. Target is still the only place that has the black ones here.

This whole thing is making me even question whether I want one now. Seriously, this is one screwed up "launch".

Most retailers are probably telling Sony they want to get rid of their excess stock before they release the black one so they haven't made a firm release date even though Target and Amazon obviously have them in stock.

bread's done
Back