Where Should I Buy A PSP?

chronoice001

CAG Veteran
Every online store I've checked only has bundles that range from $350-$500 and I was wondering if there was any place to buy just the system, and where the cheapest would be?

good luck getting it at launch.. you should ask around CC BB (i don't know if they are doing the bundles... but i remember reading around here that some places were doing it)... I'm hitting up wal mart and they told me they may have 1-4 on launch.. so thats where i'm hitting up

best buy, circuit city, and like urz said wal-mart should have a good number of shipments at launch. i am pretty sure they won't do bundles. but you might have to show up really early to get yours. dont even try to go to gamestp or eb on launch because they already have theirs reserved through pre-orders.

[quote name='chronoice001']Every online store I've checked only has bundles that range from $350-$500 and I was wondering if there was any place to buy just the system, and where the cheapest would be?[/quote]
Call your local K-mart and ask if they are getting any units in for the launch...Then show up when the store opens on launch day and you should be able to get one with ease (assuming they get any in the first place).

FYE - $300 bundle - basic bundle that everyone is doing, along with 1 game of your choice. you are going to need to get a game anyway... most all fye's will have them for sale at launch with ease

If you have a ShopKo they will be selling just the system. The one I work at is scheduled to receive them 3/15, but I don't know how many we'll have.

Actually, check your local Game Crazy B&M (almost always next to a Hollywood Video store). They take reserves on system package only, and provide competitive trade-in values for your games. Good luck.

On a side note, Is the $25 1yr-warranty a worthy investment once I pick-up my PSP at EBgames? I mean, availability will surely be scarce during the first few months, and coverage seems really limited once you comb through the fine print. What's the consensus? My local EB employees try sweet talking about the warranty covering anything and everything and enjoy using scare tactics on how fragile the PSP will be.

If you ask me if you are trying to sell something to someone and you are using scare tactics, then you may convince them not to buy it at all. Whenver I try to sell service plans where I work, I mention that it may or may not break, but its a worth investment. To flat out and tell them its going to break, then thats probably enough to scare some customers away from buying the item. However, I would seriously consider the service plan based on the fact that its a new product, there could be defects. I'm not sure how their service plans work exactly, but if you think about it this way. Suppose something does happen. Suppose you drop it into the toilet one day. Will they just replace it with a brand new one for you?

bread's done
Back