Where the heck is animal crossing??

catapult37

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
That's what I was asking myself after E3 and Leipzig, when i realized... hey... that game is supposed to be coming. I figured TGS we'd hear at least a name drop. Nothing. I mean, I know Nintendo is all about the blue ocean or whatever at this point, but what's more casual than Animal Crossing? It's just bizarre, really. In the same way, it's weird how Mario Kart was announced but barely mentioned after that. Anyway, has anyone heard ANYTHING recently about Animal Crossing for Wii?

I'm sure Nintendo doesn't want to take away any hype from Mario and Smash.
Who knows, maybe we'll get a Dojo like site for Animal Crossing.

animal crossing is coming. i'm assuming either 2008 or 2009. i'm sure they'll start talking about at an appropriate time before it comes out.

With everything already coming out before the end of this year, I think they figured they could hold off on announcements. You know, so that next year they can have the "OMG BIG ANIMALZ CROZZING REVEAL". No sense in doing everything at once.

I'm guessing they're saving it for the long dry spell which is sure to come next year as they've already release Zelda and Metroid game and Mario and Brawl are coming up.

Holiday '08, maybe? And a few months after AC's release they'll feed us the details on the Wii 2 and Wii Fit 2 (Now with Heart Monitor and Funny Hat)?

If you think about it they have been really smart with their releases and actually quite fast. Not even within the course of a year and they put out a bunch of their top franchise titles - Zelda (though I still count this as a Cube game), Paper Mario, WarioWare, Mario Party, Mario Strikers, Metroid, Batallion Wars II, and Mario Galaxy by around the one year mark. Also Excite Truck as a new first party title.

If you look back at the Cube, there was no where near that many first party releases in the first year. Not much is announced for 2008 (Mario Kart is the only thing IIRC) but they still have a bucketload of franchises to pull out games from, thats not even including possible new titles. Animal Crossing will be here sooner than we think, I'm sure Pikmin, F-Zero, Kirby, etc are coming too but will be overshadowed by those casual Wii ____ games in terms of advertising and hype.

I agree, I want to play AC soon! Hopefully they improve the graphics, and different camera perspectives would be cool. Also online stuff is essential.

At this rate I won't get to play it until I'm legal! >_>

Yup AC, SSBB, SMG, and MKWii are going to make me a happy panda.

bread's done
Back