Where the hell is my order

Linkgx1

CAGiversary!
Okay so I ordered from gamestop on the 28th and here is what I see

abel/Receipt Number: Service(s): Delivery Confirmation ™ Status: Processed through Sort Facility Ente Your item was processed through and left our MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55413 facility on January 06, 2011. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later. Detailed Results Processed through Sort Facility, January 06, 2011, 2:30 am, MINNEAPOLIS, MN Track & Confirm by email Get current event information or updates for your item sent to you

What?i live in saint louis.why is it up there?

That message means that it is somewhere between MN and the next destination. I have a feeling that new years and the storms probably slowed things down a bit. I live in VT buy most of my GS orders shipped via USPS go to DE first. I think that just the route they take. I have learned if I want something from GS within 2 weeks, order somewhere else.
I hope I provided some peace of mind.

I take it this is your first time tracking a package from a company? If you ship ground, the package could go anywhere in the US before getting to you. It's all about shipping routes and the way delivery systems are organized.

I don't know why, but I lol'd when I saw the thread title.

OP, shipping can be funky sometimes. Sometimes your package goes to crazy destinations before it gets to you. It's normal.

I'm going to guess that the OP has never had to track a package before. Things travel before being delivered. If it's sent USPS Media Mail, it might go halfway across the US in the wrong direction. It's just a matter of the stuff getting put on a truck whenever there's room.

That said, I think it's funny when things go clear out of their way before being delivered.

Although you will learn that shipping routes are not all that weird the first time you fly out of the country, and fly 1000 miles out of your way to get to the carrier's hub to fly to your destination from the hub. Once you've experienced flying like that, you'll understand that some things that appear to not make sense suddenly make a whole lot of sense.

I live about 25 minutes away from one of amazon's shipping warehouses and when I get stuff shipped from that warehouse they always ship it about four hours away first then ship it back up and deliver it. It really doesn't make sense because there's a Ups hub about 15 min away due to an airport being about the same distance but for whatever reason they always ship it to the other hub first.

[quote name='Linkgx1']Okay so I ordered from gamestop on the 28th and here is what I see

abel/Receipt Number: Service(s): Delivery Confirmation ™ Status: Processed through Sort Facility Ente Your item was processed through and left our MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55413 facility on January 06, 2011. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later. Detailed Results Processed through Sort Facility, January 06, 2011, 2:30 am, MINNEAPOLIS, MN Track & Confirm by email Get current event information or updates for your item sent to you

What?i live in saint louis.why is it up there?[/QUOTE]
:lol: I've had packages that were supposed to go to VA(I'm in PA) go all the way down to NC or SC before and then take 2 weeks to crawl back up the coast. I've had packages intended to come here go out to HI from CA before and then take over a week to slowly make it here.

I've had packages going further(TN) make it to their destination before stuff going a shorter distance(MA) due to the closer package being sorted, re-sorted and re-re-sorted through the same post office about 5 times in two weeks.

So just be patient and it'll make it to you.....eventually.:booty:

Also tracking info isn't always as uptodate as it says it is. I had an order a few weeks back that every time I looked on my phone it was not updated during the day. However the next day I would see anywhere from 2 to 5 updates and that was it for that day. So it would only update at times once a day.

The real problem is they need more employees that actually read the destination lables or or who even care...there was one time it took 3 days for an item to get delivered to me from the same state.

At least Gamestop will ship to you. They cancel my order every time I order from them. Somehow I got on their "blackball list" (confirmed by Customer Service). They won't tell me how, why, or how to get off it...

No its not always same. Some times they get misunderstandings or some other problem so that we have to face some problems regarding this but after all it is a very good service provided to customers.

bread's done
Back