Where the &&^@ is the Nyko Perfect Shot?

CocheseUGA

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
Anyone find it interesting that you can barely find this anywhere? Amazon has showed OOS forever, sightings in Gamestop have been few and far between, and Nyko doesn't have it available on their own website.

I had to order one off of GS.com, but we'll see if it's really in-stock or not.

Did the realism of the shell cause Nyko to quietly pull it, or are they having production issues?

It's been impossible to find since it came out. I don't think it's been pulled, but I can see some stores declining to carry it, either because other Wii shells didn't sell or because of the gun shape. At first you could pretty much only get it at Amazon, and then it started popping up a few other places. I ended up getting mine from buy.com. This thread was sort of tracking it:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164093&highlight=perfect+shot

I'll tell you a secret though - as far as I can tell it's identical in everything but color to the Pego/Brando generic ones on amazon and ebay. I could be wrong, but the generic one I tried before getting my Perfect Shot really did seem to be almost an exact duplicate. Fry's is releasing HotD 2&3 on Wednesday for $5 more bundled with one of the generic shells.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...205181622&sr=8-4&seller=&colid=&condition=new

http://www.amazon.com/Penguin-Unite..._8?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1205181622&sr=8-8

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Ligh...=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1205181622&sr=8-14

I got one from GS.com about 2 weeks ago, shipped the next day and arrived a few later. I think you're good with GS.com for the moment.

I just think Nyko isn't equipped for the demand that comes with someone actually wanting something they've made, for once. ;)

I found one at a Gamestop near me. I grabbed it and it's still the only one I've seen in stores before or since...

...plenty of Wii Blasters though!!

I also ordered one off of Gamestop.com, came in a few days and works quite well.

Don't forget to use the free shipping code.

Amazon now has it for $13.99 (EST. shipping April 11 I believe). If I order thru gamestop, I get it sooner. But with Amazon, I save like 4.58 for two of them.

[quote name='chakan']mephitical, do the generics you linked to have a nunchuk slot on the base of the grip like the Nyko? I couldn't tell.

Here's another, free shipping takes a while fromChina.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10833[/quote]

They should all have the pass-through for the nunchuk. The Pego one I tried definitely did, and the official Brando site highlighted it for theirs.

mine was from gamestop when they first got it. i just couldn't wait for amazon. my two orders are still delayed up to now.

it's such a quality product that it made me bite on the nyko wireless nunchuck adapter today at gamestop. if all goes well, perfect shot + wireless nunchuck = a better RE:UC experience?

Update:
I ordered one of the "Perfect Shot" knockoffs from Deal Extreme about two weeks ago and received it today. It has the pass-through for the Nunchuck and seems pretty solid once the Wiimote is plugged in. Also the one they sent me is silver with a black handgrip not white with blue like the picture on the site shows.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10833

I got my first one from a trade here on CAG and just ordered a second off eBay for 22 bucks. I figure it evens out, and I'm too impatient to wait and too wary to get a knockoff.

Using one of these for House of the Dead 2/3.

Kneeling behind the couch and popping out to shoot the screen is so fun! : )

Okay, my PEGA knockoff arrived today, so I fired up Ghost Squad and put it through its paces, comparing it with my Nyko.

It's decent, but not as good as the Nyko. It does do two things better than the Nyko, though: it has a better sight, and it has a smaller grip. If you have tiny girl hands, you might want to buy this instead of the Nyko; my girlfriend will probably be the one using the PEGA since she has tiny hands. Personally, while the PEGA is more comfortable in my small hands, the Nyko's better balance makes it my favorite to hold. The barrels are probably the same weight, but since the PEGA's grip is lighter, it feels top-heavy.

There is one huge problem with the PEGA, though. The trigger doesn't respond until you pull back all the way. Luckily, this can be (sort of) fixed by sticking a penny in front of the part that
hits the B button. The penny blocks the part from going too far forward, which means you don't have to pull the trigger for as long, which translates to a less mushy trigger. It's still not as good as the Nyko though... Maybe I should try a nickel.

My verdict: Get the PEGA if you have very small hands and can deal with the crappy trigger. Otherwise, the Nyko's the better choice.

Considering the price difference, it probably makes sense just to go for the Nyko since it's still the better one. But I guess since the Nyko is a bit hard to find you have to take what you can get.

Just called 4 local gamestops none of them had any. One guy had no idea what I was talking about and another guy answered an told me hes been waiting for one to come in so that he can buy it. He said they have never gotten one in stock....ever

I've never actually seen one in a store anywhere. I finally got tired of waiting for Amazon to get them in stock and cancelled my order. A few days later I saw a post somewhere about GameStop having them in stock online and I quickly ordered 2. I think the demand is high because they are very popular. It was a treat playing Umbrella Chronicles with the Perfect Shot

I found six of them at a local Kmart, the one on Lemay Ferry in the South County area of St. Louis. They're down to four, after the two I purchased.

I went into CC to pick up Hod2&3 since it was on sale. I figured since i was there i would look and see if they had one. THEY DID. $14.99. Booyah! Great timing since i was picking HoD and got Ghost Squad in that Amazon sale.

[quote name='UltimoRey']I went into CC to pick up Hod2&3 since it was on sale. I figured since i was there i would look and see if they had one. THEY DID. $14.99. Booyah! Great timing since i was picking HoD and got Ghost Squad in that Amazon sale.[/quote]
speaking of HOTD, i am one person that has never played a M game before (i think RE4 should be my first). Are M games "scary" or something? Is it possible to get my brother(who is 17) to buy an M game, or do you need an id?

[quote name='blackbird3216']speaking of HOTD, i am one person that has never played a M game before (i think RE4 should be my first). Are M games "scary" or something? Is it possible to get my brother(who is 17) to buy an M game, or do you need an id?[/quote]
If you are underage, you should not play M games, that's why there's a rating system. If you're close to the age i think it's a question for parents/guardians.
As for HoD it's not scary really. If zombies don't scare you that is. It might be considered gory to some, but its not to me, old graphics kinda help it not be. The zombies jump out but not in a shocking kinda way.

[quote name='blackbird3216']speaking of HOTD, i am one person that has never played a M game before (i think RE4 should be my first). Are M games "scary" or something? Is it possible to get my brother(who is 17) to buy an M game, or do you need an id?[/quote]
First: if you've never played an M game why do you have No More Heroes in your sig?
Second: I don't know how old you are, but I'd say anyone over 13 is old enough to play all but the most gruesome M games (so stay away from Postal 2 and the Manhunt series). Almost everything else is the same as a T game, but with blood and/or sex. Honestly, I don't see why you need to be older to see people get shot and blood come out than to see them get shot sans blood.

And yeah, RE4 is a good one to start with since it's gruesome enough for you to be like "cool, I'm playing an M game!" yet also considered to be a good game (although I personally didn't like it). Make sure you pick up No More Heroes as well, since it's also amazingly good.

Some M games are scary, sure; but none are any scarier than the scariest T games (wasn't the first Fatal Frame rated T? That was scary as shit). RE4 has some creepy and/or surprising moments, but the really freaky stuff is Silent Hill. That series might be another I'd keep the younger teens away from, although it doesn't encourage sadism the way Manhunt does or try to be offensive on as many levels as possible the way Postal 2 does. Silent Hill is just very disturbing on many levels, and might freak out some 13 year olds. I'd let 'em play it since I do anything worse than give 'em nightmares, but I'd warn 'em.

Just picked up my second at a Fred Meyers. Double pistolling House of the Dead 3 is fun.

I'm off to trade in the Zapper.

[quote name='eugaet']^ Which is exactly what I did today. Got two of them. Also picked up HotD2/3. Dual-wielding is a blast![/QUOTE]It is fun, isn't it! Wouldn't work with the Zapper.

[quote name='emg28']The Super Kmart in Carson, CA had 6 Perfect Shots at $16.49. I bought 2.[/quote]

[quote name='alison']Circuit City appears to be getting them in stock - you can use the Friends and Family 10% off coupon (valid 4/17-4/19) and get it for $13.49.[/quote]

#-o I'll check my CC and do a return at Kmart. Atleast, I pass both stores on my way to work.

-edit- Found 2 Perfect Shots at CC. Bought them for $13.49 each. :D

bread's done
Back