Where to but Ipad?

Rhippo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Ok so I'm going to break down and buy the new Ipad but im not really sure where. I know pricing will be the same across the board so it's not a big deal where but I was just looking for some feedback on what you guys thought or if anyone had any recomendations. I can get double reward points if I order from the apple store and they have the free engraving. Any input?

Apple is good if you don't mind the wait for shipping if your more of a here and now kinda guy like me then I suggest trying an apple store if you have one or even best buy cause i know mine had quite a few of the 64gb left on sunday depending on the size you want. Also I know walmart, target, and sam's club also were carrying these on launch and will get a steady shipment of them, albeit probably low in numbers(walmart had 1 in each color and each size only at launch)

If you have a Micro Center near you, they had plenty in stock over the weekend. I was able to pick up one on Friday, without a pre-order.

Picked up a 64 gig model at Best Buy yesterday and they still had plenty left. All the 32's were sold out though. That one seems to be the most popular.

Yeah, the 32's are the most popular model for sure. Those were the hardest to find at the iPad 2 launch.

It looks like sales aren't quite as crazy this time and there's still stock around as a lot of people (like myself) are just sticking with their iPad 2s this go around.

Price wise it will be the same everywhere right now, so it doesn't matter where you buy. You get the 1 year applecare warranty, and option to buy a second year regardless of where you purchase.

[quote name='Rhippo']Ok so I'm going to break down and buy the new Ipad but im not really sure where. I know pricing will be the same across the board so it's not a big deal where but I was just looking for some feedback on what you guys thought or if anyone had any recomendations. I can get double reward points if I order from the apple store and they have the free engraving. Any input?[/QUOTE]
If you "but" one you might end up in the emergency room...

Sales are better than the iPad 2 was (primarily because supplies are much greater this time around). Your best chance of getting one immediately is an Apple Store - they're going to have better supplies than anyone else that gets shipment once a week.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']If you "but" one you might end up in the emergency room...[/QUOTE]

lololololol You had to be that guy

Check Best Buys website they have a instock finder when you go to the product that will tell you what stores have them and what ones do not

[quote name='JJSP']Sales are better than the iPad 2 was (primarily because supplies are much greater this time around). Your best chance of getting one immediately is an Apple Store - they're going to have better supplies than anyone else that gets shipment once a week.[/QUOTE]

Really? Didn't seem as crazy around here. Per the newspaper the Apple store line didn't start forming until around 5:30 and was only 300-400 deep at opening.

iPad 2 launch had overnight line and around 1000 people.

Maybe more ordered online this time since supply is better I guess. Online orders went to 3 weeks very quickly for the iPad 2 launch. I ordered an hour or two after the sale started and didn't get mine for 3 1/2 weeks.

I don't think they ever announced opening weekend numbers for iPad 2, but the new one did 3 million opening weekend. The local store here didn't run out of the new iPad until midday Sunday, but they also had somewhere around 3K of them available for the weekend.

Can anyone recommend or know of any Amazon sellers who sell the ipad? My wife and I want to pick one up and have about $250 in Amazon gift cards to put towards one.

Are you a student or know anyone that is? Reason for asking is Best Buy gives a discount for students on iPads where as Apple site and stores do not give student discounts on iPads. I can not remember the discount amount, I think it is 10%.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']If you "but" one you might end up in the emergency room...[/QUOTE]

Agreed..... but hey maybe then I get on the news lol.

[quote name='lilytrabbit']Are you a student or know anyone that is? Reason for asking is Best Buy gives a discount for students on iPads where as Apple site and stores do not give student discounts on iPads. I can not remember the discount amount, I think it is 10%.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? I didn't see any offer like that when I bought mine there. If you have a link to some details about this, I'd appreciate it. Still in the return period where I might be able to do something about it.

As far as where to buy it goes (though I'm sure the OP made his decision by this point), I decided to get mine at Best Buy. As the OP noted, pricing is pretty much the same across the board everywhere. At least at Best Buy I'll get Reward Zone points for it. It won't end up being much, but eh, it's more than I would have gotten at the Apple Store...

bread's done
Back