Where to buy a PS3 on launch day?

xabsolut

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Which stores can i aimlessly stand in front of overnight to purchase a ps3? How many will each store carry? Do they sell at midnight or when the store actually opens? Is it limited to 1 per person? Sorry for all the questions :p :lol:

1) Best Buy, Circuit City, Walmart, etc. Forget EB/GS, TRU as they already sold out of their preorders. A good indicator is: if you see people waiting in line, chances are they are waiting for a PS3. YMMV.
2) I'm sure the store managers will know
3) When store will open... except perhaps Walmart which opens 24x7
4) You can try buying all but if you can get pass the people behind in the line in one piece... every store will impose a limit of 1 for such a hot item anyway

Maybe try Target if there's one local. I know management in my store is trying to get the police there so that there are no campers this year. I've been told they will be giving out tickets again around 7am day of launch. If you don't have a pre-order then this might be a good bet.

How early would you recommend? I'm hearing that if you want to be guaranteed one, you should wait 24 hours.

[quote name='Joon2324']How early would you recommend? I'm hearing that if you want to be guaranteed one, you should wait at least 24 hours.[/quote] Fixed.

Yeah more like 48-72 hours. This past weekend when toy r us was doing their ps3 pre-orders there were 6 people in line at 9am on sat who waited until sunday 10am.

Two questions for the pro's:

1) I'm thinking about getting to Wally World at around 8 a.m. Thursday for the PS3. Do you think that's early enough to get one at midnight? (Anybody who camped for 360).

2) I have a buddy with one of those "business" accounts at Sam's that lets you in early. Will that do anything to up our odds at Sam's, or are "business" accounts a dime a dozen?

[quote name='chosen1s']Two questions for the pro's:

1) I'm thinking about getting to Wally World at around 8 a.m. Thursday for the PS3. Do you think that's early enough to get one at midnight? (Anybody who camped for 360).

2) I have a buddy with one of those "business" accounts at Sam's that lets you in early. Will that do anything to up our odds at Sam's, or are "business" accounts a dime a dozen?[/QUOTE]

You will have to get there way, way, way earlier than that. Expect there to be people lined up at 8 pm on Wednesday.

[quote name='y2jrevolution']Yeah more like 48-72 hours. This past weekend when toy r us was doing their ps3 pre-orders there were 6 people in line at 9am on sat who waited until sunday 10am.[/QUOTE]

this is just silly. I dont know if i will camp out just to not get one.

2) I have a buddy with one of those "business" accounts at Sam's that lets you in early. Will that do anything to up our odds at Sam's, or are "business" accounts a dime a dozen?[/QUOTE]

the sam's club i went to didnt care what membership you had and let everyone in early for the 360

is sams club even getting any systems at launch? the other thread mentioned that the ps3 systems were in the system priced at 1 cent as a placeholder, they may not actually get any until 2007(that is when costco will get some)

Wow.

Good to know. Thanks guys. Another question. For those stores that have a "ticket" system where they hand you a number every so often - can you enlighten us on how that works?

When do they generally pass out the tickets?

After they pass them out, do you HAVE to stay there in line, or do they say "we're coming back in 4 hours, and if you're here in 4 hours you stay on the list. If you're not here, you get bumped. Then you can go do your own thing for a while.

Is "holding" someone's place in line generally acceptable for bathroom breaks, etc.?

bread's done
Back