Where to buy Game Boy Advance games?

Gennolli

CAGiversary!
I recently bought a Game Boy Micro. I am looking for a place to buy Game Boy Advance games for it. Are there any Brick and Mortar stores that still sell GBA games? Or am I stuck looking on eBay.

[quote name='Gennolli']I recently bought a Game Boy Micro. I am looking for a place to buy Game Boy Advance games for it. Are there any Brick and Mortar stores that still sell GBA games? Or am I stuck looking on eBay.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop still sells them. Some stores (like my local one) have a good inventory. While others (like the one by my work) are thin on stock.

[quote name='mogamer']Gamestop still sells them. Some stores (like my local one) have a good inventory. While others (like the one by my work) are thin on stock.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks. I looked on their site but they don't have any listed there so I wasn't sure. I will head over to the one by me and see what their selection is like. I am just looking for a few of the "must-have" games for the GBA. Thanks again.

If you've got an FYE near you make sure you take a look there as well. Mine had a 50% off all new GBA games and I managed to get a brand new Mega Man Zero 3 for $10 not too long ago.

Just be careful with Gamestop because sometimes they'll have fake GBA games. There's guides showing you how to identify bootlegs.

[quote name='parKer']Just be careful with Gamestop because sometimes they'll have fake GBA games. There's guides showing you how to identify bootlegs.[/QUOTE]

That is why I was hoping not to buy off eBay. I will familiarize myself with spotting bootlegs before I go. Thanks.

[quote name='Gennolli']I recently bought a Game Boy Micro. I am looking for a place to buy Game Boy Advance games for it. Are there any Brick and Mortar stores that still sell GBA games? Or am I stuck looking on eBay.[/QUOTE]

I don't have any GBA advice but your avatar is great.

"fuckin' A"

Goozex. GBA carts are generally low-point and consistently available as cart-only, but you'll avoid the bootleg hassle completely due to it being highly frowned upon and results in an immediate negative to the seller if they send you one.

If you've never used Goozex before, you've got until tomorrow night IIRC to buy some points at half price.

I was just at my TRU and they had all GBA games 3/$10. Regular price was $5. Didn't really have time to look at the titles and don't know if they were good or bad. Just throwing it out there.

I've had some great experiences buying GBA games from Amazon Marketplace sellers. It also tends to be easier to return stuff through Amazon's system than eBay's; something to keep in mind if you're worried about being stuck with a bootleg.

[quote name='blueshinra']I've had some great experiences buying GBA games from Amazon Marketplace sellers. It also tends to be easier to return stuff through Amazon's system than eBay's; something to keep in mind if you're worried about being stuck with a bootleg.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.

For some reason, certain gba games on goozex get pirated a lot. Back when I was collecting the Megaman Zero games, I'd get 2 to 1 pirate carts.

UPDATE:

Thanks for all the ideas. I went to my local GameStop but the selection was slim.

So I ordered 6 games from eBay. I made sure that all the sellers were in the US and that they all accepted returns. 5 out of the 6 were authentic GBA games. The one (which the auction only had a stock photo) was clearly a bootleg. Luckily the person accepted my refund request so I sent the game back and already got my money back. I don't think they knew it was a bootleg.

I have used Goozex in the past so I will definitely look there in the future.

Have you ever had the original GBA? How is the Micro in comparison? I was thinking of purchasing one just for the sake of the novelty, but wanted to know the quality.

The original GBA (I have the black TRU one) is more comfortable to me, but that's probably one of the few good things I can say about it. Battery life, screen brightness, screen crispness, and pocket-friendliness of the Micro made me put my original GBA back in its box. The Micro also doesn't feel cheap and plastic-y to me like the original.

I think that changing Micro faceplates is more the novelty, but I only have the Famicon plate.

I feel like the D-pad and buttons on the GBMicro are better than the D-pad and buttons on my DSLite. The screen is very sharp and can be made to be very bright.

I am also a big fan of the faceplate design. Not so much for the interchangeability (I have the famicom version) but more for that if/when my current faceplate gets damaged/scratched, I can just pop on my spare famicom faceplate and it's good as new. There really isn't a need for screen protectors, etc. because protection is inherent to its design. Plus I really dig how the rest of the casing is made of metal. Definitely feels like a high quality unit.

Ruahrc

Awesome. Looks like that is going to be my next purchase. I really wanted something I can bring and play Final Fantasy Tactics/Harvest Moon with, and the Micro seemed like a cheap alternative.

bread's done
Back