where to buy snes games

blah316

CAG Veteran
hello people, i recently came across a super nintendo hidden somewhere in my home. i also found dk country and a super mario bros game. ive been enjoying the hell out of it and passed donkey kong in like 3 days, although its only 52% complete lol.

anyway, im looking to add to my collection and prefer to find actual stores that sell old games in the los angeles area, but realize theyre extremely hard to come buy. so without that option, do any of you have some good legit websites to order games from with confidence? Im sorry if this is a lame topic or in the wrong section, i usually just lurk the deals section, but i could really pick up some cheap classic games to hold me over til rock band 3. cheers

Ebay is always a safe bet.

You can always try a local flea market as well, if you don't mind putting up with some "interesting" people.

The movie trading company near me has snes games, as well as a recycled sports. When we were in Virginia, there was a place called replay games that had snes games as well.

If you live in the Los Angeles area check out gamedude. It's located in the industrial section of the city. They've got a massive collection of old games (although they've been getting stingy with their prices nowadays).

Gamedude definitely rules. I live almost 3,000 miles from there, but I stop by every time I'm in town, and always walk out with a few games.

As stated, ebay is a good all-around bet as far as online purchases. You should also be able to find some little mom and pop shops that still deal in the old games.

Gamedude is a great place to go, but they a little pricey at times. You can try Reflexgamer in little Tokyo. There is also a few stores in the wholesale district
they're on los Angeles street between 5th & 6TH street

Thanks guys! I'm looking into gamedude but there's like a $15 minimum to order without actually going to the store. It's a manageable distance from me, but fuck that, I hate driving in la. All I really wanted was super soccer and NBA jam. I might need to add a second game and so I'm wondering if any of you can recommend a wwf game for nostalgia's sake. He'll I noticed they have wcw superbrawl and I would get that because I'm a huge Rick rude fan, but upon checking gameplay on YouTube, it looks pretty awful.

[quote name='blah316']Thanks guys! I'm looking into gamedude but there's like a $15 minimum to order without actually going to the store. It's a manageable distance from me, but fuck that, I hate driving in la. All I really wanted was super soccer and NBA jam. I might need to add a second game and so I'm wondering if any of you can recommend a wwf game for nostalgia's sake. He'll I noticed they have wcw superbrawl and I would get that because I'm a huge Rick rude fan, but upon checking gameplay on YouTube, it looks pretty awful.[/QUOTE]

Having played WCW Superbrawl back in the day, I can vouch that yes, it is pretty awful. Unfortunately there are no good WCW games out there for the SNES. You'd have to look at WCW/nWo Revenge for the N64.

[quote name='blah316']hello people, i recently came across a super nintendo hidden somewhere in my home. i also found dk country and a super mario bros game. ive been enjoying the hell out of it and passed donkey kong in like 3 days, although its only 52% complete lol.

anyway, im looking to add to my collection and prefer to find actual stores that sell old games in the los angeles area, but realize theyre extremely hard to come buy. so without that option, do any of you have some good legit websites to order games from with confidence? Im sorry if this is a lame topic or in the wrong section, i usually just lurk the deals section, but i could really pick up some cheap classic games to hold me over til rock band 3. cheers[/QUOTE]

There's a lot of retro game stores in LA. Just look up online for the them. If you want loose games, it shouldn't be that expensive.

Ebay actually has some stores on it through certain buyers that'll have catalogs of older games; it's how I found my copies of Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy Tactics.

Might not be your safest option, but I find lots of stuff at flea markets. Here in N/E Ohio we have a large outdoor one where I've found lots of stuff cheap.

eBay for Internet. Very easy and a higher chance of finding certain title.

I look for old games in Goodwill and a local flea market. Plus garage sales.

My local used bookstore has a big retro video game section.
Atari 2600, Sega Genesis, NES, SNES, N64 for cheap.
They got Super Mario All-Stars SNES for $8.

[quote name='blah316']hello people, i recently came across a super nintendo hidden somewhere in my home. i also found dk country and a super mario bros game. ive been enjoying the hell out of it and passed donkey kong in like 3 days, although its only 52% complete lol.

anyway, im looking to add to my collection and prefer to find actual stores that sell old games in the los angeles area, but realize theyre extremely hard to come buy. so without that option, do any of you have some good legit websites to order games from with confidence? Im sorry if this is a lame topic or in the wrong section, i usually just lurk the deals section, but i could really pick up some cheap classic games to hold me over til rock band 3. cheers[/QUOTE]

I didn't read through the whole topic but if you are anywhere near the Valley, you owe it to yourself to check out Gamedude. That place is a warehouse of retro gaming heaven dude.

edit:
after reading, it looks like Gamedude is well known as it should be. The prices are what you can expect from the games at market there but if you are looking for deals rummage through the flea markets at the Rosebowl and Pasadena City College. Also, LA has a shit ton of thrift stores where deals can be had.

I think I have the games you want on My site. Click here That will take you right to my Super Nintendo Page.

bread's done
Back