Where to find a Wavebird?

jfuze

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Do any stores ever have Wavebirds anymore brand new?

I'm not really into buying used controllers so j/w if there are any stores I should hit.

i havent seen one in years. i think nintendo has stopped making them. i'd really like one though, since i refuse to buy another wired controller

If you don't want to pay eBay prices, your best bets are:

1) GameStop. Here is the page for their used GameCube wireless controllers:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=900532

Out of stock online, but you could try your local stores. Now, like the page says, this is for ANY wireless GameCube controller, so you'd have to call ahead to make sure they actually have WaveBirds and not 3rd party controllers.

2) Large discount department stores, like Walmart and Target, that sell a lot of video game stuff. People come across them every once and awhile.

3) Any place where people are trying to sell used stuff and may not now the exact value of it, like yard sales, flee markets, Craigslist, etc.

Essentially, to get a WaveBird on the cheap, you're going to need to do some legwork and have some luck on your side.

i second bigdaddybruce.....i went to a gamestop near my place and found a wavebird for $17.99...i used the 10% off coupon and got it for $16!! not bad :D

then i went a wk later to the same gamestop and found another one! :D just gotta try ur luck :D

New Wavebirds?

I don't think you will find those anywhere, unless there's an out-of-date store near you...

K-mart?

I too have heard that Nintendo has stopped making new wavebirds, who knows why!! I bought a 3rd party one at the wal-mart and it's actually not too bad. Much better than sitting 3 feet away from my tv!! :)

dude i called EVERY SINGLE GAMESTOP around me about a month ago, and a couple of them had them in stock. i asked them to hold it (which they gladly did). bought them each for $17.99. BAM. no sweat and tears. wanted them for brawl and were able to get both in under a week's time! :)

look up the locations near you on gamestop.com.

bread's done
Back