Where to find/buy Movie posters

gamemasterjd

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
M'kay, I need some help finding movie posters. Like the ones in movie theaters or something. Any ideas on B&M stores or online places i could go? Thanks ladies and gents.
10 pts goes to the person who can find a "Rent" (either the movie or broadway) poster.

I worked at an AMC Theatres in high school and it was our policy to not sell posters to customers for some reason. I'd think it would have something to do with the poster being property of the movie company and not necessarily AMC's right to sell or something? I don't know for certain, just seems plausible.
Anyway it was our policy to let the employees take them home when we were done with them. As such, I've acquired a good collection of movie posters that I'm now looking to get rid of. Alas it was five years ago that I was there, so, no Rent poster here. By all means though, go ask your local theatre, couldn't hurt, might help, just giving you a heads-up from my experiences.

[quote name='munch']
What are the points good towards?[/QUOTE]

You call yourself a gamer? The points amount to nothing! The entire premise of it all is to amass as many as possible!

Thanks for all the help so far!

[quote name='SnipeyX']I worked at an AMC Theatres in high school and it was our policy to not sell posters to customers for some reason. I'd think it would have something to do with the poster being property of the movie company and not necessarily AMC's right to sell or something? I don't know for certain, just seems plausible.
Anyway it was our policy to let the employees take them home when we were done with them. As such, I've acquired a good collection of movie posters that I'm now looking to get rid of. Alas it was five years ago that I was there, so, no Rent poster here. By all means though, go ask your local theatre, couldn't hurt, might help, just giving you a heads-up from my experiences.[/QUOTE]
So I want some posters...

you could always go to the bus stop with a wrench and grab one. dont know if its 100% legal, but when i was in college, this is how me and my friends got some cool wall decorations. the posters just regenerate within a week.

Check out mom and pop video stores, they usually give away there old movie posters for free....its how I got the spirited away poster thats still in my closet.

I work at a movie theater and have all kinds of posters (and many readily available), but I'm afraid I don't have Rent.

[quote name='nakanenui']you could always go to the bus stop with a wrench and grab one. dont know if its 100% legal, but when i was in college, this is how me and my friends got some cool wall decorations. the posters just regenerate within a week.[/QUOTE]

I have done this several time as well, just pick a block that isnt very populated and try doing it either very early in the morning or late at night.

bread's done
Back