Where to Find New PS2 (Old big model)

mrmike

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Hi there,

I can't seem to find an online store that sells brand new old PS2 models (the big one, no slim).

Does anybody know where I can get one?

Many thanks in advance.

Mike

Why you want a fat one. There are pretty hard to find new cause the slim took over and has been out for about a year. You will have no problem finding a used one. However the fat you want find. I am pretty sure sony slowed or even halted production on the big ones months before the thin one came out.

Yeah, the PSTwo came out in October of last year...so it's been nearly a year since they've had new "old style" PS2's in stores...and I don't think you'll be finding any new ones anymore. Your best bet would be to watch ebay, and maybe somebody will auction off a new one...good luck...

The "fatty" PS2 are very high demand BRAND NEW. They are a lot more durable then the new junky slims. They have a fan, something the slims really need. Plus, the latest model of slims, no longer have a jack for you to use Dial-up if you are stuck out in the country area.

if my fatty ever dies, I'll be looking to replace it with another fatty, just so I can continue using my HDLoader. And also, I never turn down a fatty.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']if my fatty ever dies, I'll be looking to replace it with another fatty, just so I can continue using my HDLoader. And also, I never turn down a fatty.[/QUOTE]

Very true

[quote name='amos_82']The "fatty" PS2 are very high demand BRAND NEW. They are a lot more durable then the new junky slims. They have a fan, something the slims really need. Plus, the latest model of slims, no longer have a jack for you to use Dial-up if you are stuck out in the country area.[/QUOTE]

How are they more durable? How are the PSTwo's junky? I have had one since it's release day and haven't had a single problem with it. I had never done anything to my regular PS2, yet it was beginning to have problems with loading certain games. Also, why do the PSTwo's need a fan? Again, mine has been running fine... The only real argument you have in those statements is that the dial-up port is missing...

[quote name='mrmike']I can't seem to find an online store that sells brand new old PS2 models (the big one, no slim).[/QUOTE]

I'd suggest searching B&Ms with low circulation/turnover. even try ebay, or flee markets.

even though Big N stopped manufacturing GameCubes with the digital out port (DOL-001) back in May'04, I was still able to locate another brand new Cube with that feature in Sept'05 at a local EB. it just takes alot of effort, good luck!

yeah, i dont think the slim ones are junky either. ive had mine for about a year now with no problems at all, no over heating ever and the best part no DREs so im happy

Thanks guys. I want a fatty because of the hard drive and they "seem" more durable in my mind I guess. The slim ones don't feel right to me. O well, a searching I go!!!!! :)

Most people want one so they can play final fantasy. Alot of people were mad when the slim ps2 wouldnt support final fantasy. I didn't care though.

bread's done
Back