where to find premium 360 in Japan?

brokelikejoke

CAGiversary!
I heard that some stores in Japan sell the premium 360 set at around $250 US ... i'll be in Japan for about 3 months and would like to pick one up ... what stores should i check out??

edit:
we'll be staying in the Yokohama/Kanagawa district (if that's far away from central tokyo then i blame my wifes description) so if anyone knows any small stores with big deals in that area please let me know...

also, does anyone know a good jewelery store and how to say "is it real" and "Damn G take an arm or a leg but not both" or something along those lines in Japanese...?

Not sure where in Japan you'll be, but I frequent the Toys R Us up north, and they carry a lot of XBox items. If you are anywhere near Den Den, then that'd be your best bet. As for Tokyo.... Cheapy can help you out there, cause he's down in that metropolis :)

Good luck :)

My bad i forgot how big Japan is .. i'll be right in central Tokyo ... my wifes there right now she says we'll be about a 10 minute walk from the Train station and can go pretty much anyware from there...

and i checked the region free listings and every game i want is pretty much on it... I'm hoping that Gears of War will also be region free but i heard it's being released there anyway around the same time as the states... so i guess that doesn't matter

I go to Japan multiple times a year with my GF. Its very easy to find a 360 there. If you are in the Tokyo area, then take the Yamanote Line(Green Line) to Akihabara. If you don't know, Akihabara is a big electronic district in main Tokyo. These stores are VERY close to the station. First you can go to a store called SofMap. They sell used and news games. Another store is called Trader. All in all, there are ALOT of games stores there, but these two stores are very competetive in their prices. Go to them and you will definetly find a 360.

[quote name='brokelikejoke']My bad i forgot how big Japan is .. i'll be right in central Tokyo ... my wifes there right now she says we'll be about a 10 minute walk from the Train station and can go pretty much anyware from there...

and i checked the region free listings and every game i want is pretty much on it... I'm hoping that Gears of War will also be region free but i heard it's being released there anyway around the same time as the states... so i guess that doesn't matter[/quote]

By the train station huh? LOL which one? You see what I am talking about when you come over here. I myself live in the Kanto plains area on Yokota AB just outside Tokyo

lol, i realize in retro spect how FOBish that sounded, i meant "a" train station and that i'd be able to do some travelling, though my wife/translator/guide is 8 months pregnant so i'm not sure how far we will be able to go... she said it's about 15 minutes on the train from where she wants me to check out (i assume it's the Akihabara place i keep hearing about) she said i'd be in heaven with all the electronics there....

when i talk to her tommorow i'll get the info on what district we'll be in just incase yall know of any secret stores near by...

but anyways if i can get a premium set for under $300 i'd be stoked(though i would be willing to journey for the elusive $250 deal)... and Splinter cell double agent for around $60 would be the icing on the cake...Gears of war & Project 8 by December at anything below retail would be like heaven on earth and i may just have to start looking for a Job there

oh yeah can anyone recomend 360 games that are really popular with Japanese women? . i'm thinking of getting my wife viva piniata when it comes out, but she thought animal crossing was too boring, so it's kinda iffy.. trying to get her more into gaming and i'd feel less guilty about the having the 360 if she was playing it too...she loves Mario Kart and Oendan on the DS.. so if that helps....

I'd go with Bullet Witch.... but it's coming to the States in a few months supposedly, so if you don't speak the language well, I'd wait on it.... although it's more action than dialogue.

Otherwise... the games here aren't anything special. Viva Pinata is problably the closest thing to a girlie game I can think of, although I'm pretty hyped about it. :O

It was pretty hard for me to find even a battery charger for my controllers up here, luckily, Sanwado of all places had them. I am certain you'll find a great deal down there though. I was gonna hook you up with one of my friends near Shibuya, but if your girl is willing,... have fun! :)

Good luck to you, and enjoy the city :)

Thanks for the offer drone... but my wife's willing to play tour guide/translater.... though she may never forgive me if our son is delivered in an ABC store...

we'll be staying in the Yokohama/Kanagawa district (if that's far away from central tokyo then i blame my wifes description) so if anyone knows any small stores with big deals in that area please let me know...

also, does anyone know a good jewelery store and how to say "is it real" and "Damn G take an arm or a leg but not both" or something along those lines in Japanese...?

If you are far from central Tokyo, then try to find a store called Book-Off. There are Book Off stores all around Japan, even on the Kuyshu island. This store sell games and systems, used though, as wellas books and mags. There games/system selection is very good, not to be over shadowed by the books/mags they sell. Try it out and good luck. Also, you can go to Bic Camera and Yodobashi store

Cheapy is right about them not being that cheap. I got mine in Japan for about $330. While it's not impossible that they have been sold that cheap, I think it's doubtful that you as a stranger in Japan would be able to stumble upon such a deal. You could probably find a used system for less (I remember seeing one at a Hard Off (which is the branch of Book Off that sells hardware and games) but the 360 isn't known as the most reliable of systems, and you wouldn't have any warranty that way. Plus any used console you bought would likely be from the earlier builds that had more problems. Also don't forget about region coding issues. Unless you're dying to play Japanese Xbox 360 games, I'd watch the forums for deals on a US system.

Well seeing as the MSRP is 330 i'm sure i'll be able to find one for a little less then 300 somewhere... i'll be there for 3 months so i have time to look... and my wife was born and raised in tokyo so i have a little assistance.... she managed to find a DS when nobody had them though that was mostly luck (which just means i'll have a lucky charm with me)...

i'm also learning key phrases like "Watashi ni Beru okudasai" to help break the language barrier

As far as the region coding goes ... pretty much all the games i want are region free or released both in Japan as well... so i think i'm covered...also and this is wishful thinking... but i'm certain by the time Halo 3 comes out someone would've found a way to play US region coded games on a japanese system... seeing as the huge price difference is no doubt attracting cheap Gaijinn bastards like myself ....

bread's done
Back