where to find tetris DS?

cmarkham04

CAG Veteran
i remember the first gaming system i ever bought was a game boy with the original game boy tetris game. well 17 years later my game still worked while being played on my game boy advance sp. well my mom hates games but for some reason she loves playing tetris and i let her play it. well last week, without my knowledge she took the first game i ever bought and my game boy advance to work and somehow lost them!!!!:cry::cry::cry: well i chewed her out and im making her at least buy me a new tetris game. i liked the older version so much because of the sentimental value it had so i guess ill go with the newest version that i can play on my DS. but its hard as heck to find the tetris DS game, has anyone maybe seen it recently that can tell me where they bought it??

I recall toys r us having a huge stock of these games a while ago - but that was many months ago. I would check there?

Also, there is always ebay

Unfortunately, it's out of print and is going for $50 ish on ebay. I would look around in used shops, and just keep my eyes open. It's not actually rare, but it may be hard to find.

I'm sure it'll be restocked sometime in the future or Nintendo will make more copies. A lot of good games were sold out due to all the Christmas shopping and I'm waiting for some of those to be restocked/people to trade in their copy. Someone will eventually trade it in so there's still some definite hope left.

I doubt it'll see another print... Nintendo isn't know to reprint it's games. I mean, look at DDR Mario and WarioWare Touched.

A local GS has a used copy according to the in store locator, I'm hoping it's still there and it's complete.

EDIT* Just picked it up, minty and complete.:D

I was just showing a friend Tetris DS this past weekend, along with Planet Puzzle League and Clubhouse Games. She immediately said she wanted all three when she got done playing, but guess what - only one of them (PPL) is readily available. As you've all noticed, Tetris DS is nowhere to be found except the bay, ditto with Clubhouse Games. What's really irritating is that GameStop doesn't even have these listed on their site anymore, which means they've most likely been deleted by NOA and will never be seen again @ retail.

I'm really really surprised by this... why would Nintendo think that great selling games like these couldn't continue selling well into the future... especially given the amount of DS Lite hardware that they're _still_ moving almost 2 years after launch in N.A. Fortunately Play-Asia has Clubhouse games available for $39.90, so that's not too bad for a brand new, out of stock, apparently never to be reprinted game, but even Tetris DS is sold out there (at least the N.A. version - they have the Korean and Japanese versions in stock).

I don't see this as a good sign for continued growth in the industry. Eventually Nintendo's hardware sales will run out of steam, so they'll be left with software to support their revenue growth. Why not keep popular games like these in the pipeline, instead of making them impossible to find?

[quote name='guyjr']I don't see this as a good sign for continued growth in the industry. Eventually Nintendo's hardware sales will run out of steam, so they'll be left with software to support their revenue growth. Why not keep popular games like these in the pipeline, instead of making them impossible to find?[/quote]

i agree... the first game that really sold me on the ds was kirby canvas curse, and warioware touched got me even more addicted. it took forever waiting for a gamestop to have those in stock - i would much rather buy them from a retailer to give some profit to nintendo instead of feeding the gamestop corporation with a used purchase...

nintendo should see the demand of these popular games (clubhouse games, advance wars) on ebay and do us gamers a favor (and save us from scalpers).

on a sidenote, i bought a cartridge only tetris ds with the price sticker on the cartridge itself on a road trip, but on my way to reserve patapon, i found a mint copy at a gamestop (yes, them again, but $26.99 is much cheaper than $50 or so)... so there is some hope out there. and i do have to return that cartridge only tomorrow coz i'm not about ebay selling and i don't need two copies of this...

Cloubhouse games is rare too? fuck... I traded away a copy for like a bargain bin game a month after it was released!:bomb:

[quote name='Vinny']Cloubhouse games is rare too? fuck... I traded away a copy for like a bargain bin game a month after it was released!:bomb:[/quote]
I didn't see that coming. I thought it was some type of budget game when I saw it on the shelf.

bread's done
Back