Where to get a free credit report?

redgopher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Without the bullshit, please. None of that freecreditreport.com crap that makes you sign up for stupid offers and things of that manner.

[quote name='redgopher']Without the bullshit, please. None of that freecreditreport.com crap that makes you sign up for stupid offers and things of that manner.[/quote]

Damn I had the jingle all ready. You messed it up! IKIK

ohhh Oni that is such a great game, I wish I had such a cool camera that I could take online photos with and what a cute little squirrel you have!

ohh and to get a free credit report you need to contact one of the 3 major credit companies and ask for one. I think under the new US law you can get a free report from each one every 1 or 2.

If your looking to evaluate your overall credit worth you'll want to just pay for a 3-in-one report w/ FICO scores from http://www.myfico.com but if you just want something free to confirm what you already know then you'll most likely need to request them by mail from each of the 3 providers.

Equifax
equifax.com
PO Box 105069
Atlanta, GA 30349
(800) 525-6285

Experian
experian.com
PO Box 1017
Allen, TX 75013
(888) 397-3742

TransUnion
transunion.com
PO Box 6790
Fullerton, CA 92634
(800) 680-7289

"Under the terms of the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions (FACT) Act, passed last year, and amid growing concerns over privacy and disclosure of sensitive financial data, the three leading credit reporting agencies must provide consumers with a free summary once a year of all credit information on file for that person. Consumers in 13 Western states will be able to grab free online copies of their credit reports starting Wednesday."

http://www.annualcreditreport.com/

from a slashdot posting.
looks like west coasters can already get it right away.

[quote name='Tromack']Note, every time you get your credit checked it goes down. Just so you know.[/quote]

This is false. Checking your own credit report is a "soft" inquiry that does not count agaist you. Applying for credit are "Hard" inquiries which count agaist your credit score slightly.

[quote name='Cubanx'][quote name='Tromack']Note, every time you get your credit checked it goes down. Just so you know.[/quote]

This is false. Checking your own credit report is a "soft" inquiry that does not count agaist you. Applying for credit are "Hard" inquiries which count agaist your credit score slightly.[/quote]

Sorry, I didn't know. I just know that when I worked in a bank I had to warn people of that all the time.

bread's done
Back