Where to get a Wii

Flushola

CAGiversary!
Please move this if it does not belong in this thread.

I am looking to get a Wii. Where is the best place to look for one, without having to STILL line up outside a BB or Target?

I'm in Michigan if that helps. Thanks in advance :)

You still cant get a wii anywhere? Arent they readily available on shelves yet??? If not, why? cant they produce them fast enough, or are they only making a limited amount so as to keep demand high?

Check Craigslist.com if they're not in stores.

As far as I can tell, it seems like the stores that are least popular in your area have the highest chance of having it in stock.

I've seen it at our Kmarts and Target but never at our 3 Wal-Marts which is where everybody goes.

[quote name='pittpizza']If not, why? cant they produce them fast enough, or are they only making a limited amount so as to keep demand high?[/quote]

a) They have the fastest selling console in the history of consoles. The problem is more overwhelming demand than it is constricted supply.

b) Artificially choking supply this far from launch to keep demand high is a retarded idea. If it actually had utility, you'd think someone wouldve tried doing it...ever...in the history of consoles.

Just because short term demand is higher than supply, you dont just automatically go and open up new fabrication plants. You end up with an unwanted surplus later when manufacturing costs will be lower.

the EB/GS stores all have them. Actually, if your EB/GS is out, you ought to try preordering it(put $5 down) then in a day or 2 they will call you, and since you preordered it, their policy is that they have to hold it 48 hours. That is probably your best bet.

They'll gouge you on craigslist. I think B&M stores are the way to go.

What worked for me was picking 2-3 stores near my place, and just being persistent. On my 3rd time out Target had 5 or 6 left of that day's shipment, and it wasn't early in the day even... like around noon.

Also, check this out.

There all around now, but you have to be there at the right time, because i was at my local BB at a certain time, and once i picked up my wii, they were all sold out.

In the Fargo, ND area you still can't find one. I found one at a Kmart about a month and a half ago, and one at a Target around May, but other then that, I haven't seen one at any store in town since before Christmas.

[quote name='Vinny']As far as I can tell, it seems like the stores that are least popular in your area have the highest chance of having it in stock.

I've seen it at our Kmarts and Target but never at our 3 Wal-Marts which is where everybody goes.[/quote]

I agree. I just purchased a Wii at my local Shopko last week. Walmart, Target, and Kmart didn't have a single system, but Shopko had 8. They don't take care of their game display's very well, though. All the systems were in the back room, and they didn't even have a 'Wii' system sign up....lol. Your best bet would probably be to find a store like that and ask the electronics salesman.

Yeah I'm not really sure why, but stores around here never have Wii's in for longer than a couple of hours (or have lines before the store opens). Best Buy and Target have lines, GameStops and Walmarts get them maybe once a week (from what I've been told) and only have them for a couple of hours. The K-Mart's here suck and I'd rather not go through an eBay or CraigsList. dracula, I like your idea of pre-ordering at a GameStop. The one I go to seems pretty good and that's where I was able to pre-order a limited edition of BioShock only a week before its release.

OK i just noticed that you are in clauson, michigan, total population of 12,732. I can understand if there just arent that many systems in a small town. I am in los angeles, and the systems are in stockat the stores.

I dont know if putting $5 down on the system will be enough, as much as i hate the idea of pre ordering(you are essentially giving them a zero intrerest loan), you may have to pay the whole $250(plus tax) in your preorder, to get your system in a timely manner. I think that is your best bet

The Super Wal-Mart, where I purchased my Wii at, is located in a town of a little over 11,000 people. I had bought my Wii a while back around 4 in the morning. I would try going early in the "morning" if you are still having trouble. I go in there about once every week and they seem to go pretty quick. Also, it never hurts to ask the employees when they'll be getting more.

Assuming you're having no luck at the regular retail stores, I'd go ahead and preorder at GC or GS/EB. But the preorder amount for consoles is either $50 or $100, not $5. But once they get it in, they do have to hold it for 24-48 hours.

bread's done
Back