where to get a wii?

my g/f all of a sudden wants a wii for christmas, and i missed a lot of black friday deals i think....right?

where can i still get a deal on a wii and what would a good deal be (because i dont know much about wii at all)?

thanks for the help

yea walmart has the best deal... amazon had a similar deal right before black friday, but you would have saved on tax (I'm in CA).

thanks guys...i actually found it for $150 ($162 w tax) at pc richards...which is the same deal except this is a discount versus a 50 dollar credit....but thanks very much

[quote name='abtabdn']No i mean how did it work?[/QUOTE]

he probably just bought the original white Wii for $149.96 which only comes with wiimote (no motion plus) and only wii sports.

In the long run the Walmart deal is probably better. You pay $199.99+tax upfront, but you get black or white wii, with wiimotion plus, wii sports and wii sports resort + $50 giftcard

yeah i bought the white wii...what is motion plus? like can you add it or is it necessary? if it is, youre right the walmart deal sounds better

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Motion_Plus

some games require motion plus, such as Wii Sports Resort.

It is an addon accessory to the controller to give it the ability to pick up more complex motions. Its about an $18-$20 addon.
You can check here for a list of games that require it or are optional: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Motion_Plus#Supported_games

edit: if you buy Wii Sports Resort later ($40 at Amazon) it includes a free Wii Motion Plus attachment, so you can go that route down the line.

I may have to pick one of these Wii's up. I kind of want one in black. Just got the PS3 ratchet and clank bundle deal from Amazon for $300 shipped with a free $25 gift card and 2 games that can easily be sold on ebay for $50 net profit. Used the Amazon credit card for free rewards points to sweeten the deal. Funny how these deals after black friday are better.
This is almost as good as when Best Buy was doing that Halo Reach promo where you buy it on lauch day and get a $20 gift card and $10 game card. I bought 2 of them, sold one on ebay for $58 and basically got Halo Reach on release day for $5. :lol:

retail weekly ad deals usually hit at midnight saturday/sunday, some as early as 3pm saturday,best bet is to check the website at midnight or call a store and see if its active since some stores do lag behind others like if end of day isnt done on time or if its busy and no one releases the updates (only certain chains have to do this)

bread's done
Back