Where to get cans of Jones Soda?

bigdaddy

Banned
I love Jones cream soda and used to buy it at Walmart however they stopped carrying it awhile ago and I can't find them anyways else. I see the bottles a lot, but I like the cans, they are cheaper and taste better. So where do people buy their cans?

And Jones cream soda is the best soda ever, if you never had it you need to buy some now.

did you check the jones soda website? it might have been easier to ask them directly seeing as if you are in MA, someone could give you a better more precise location.

I I know I can order soda from the website, but it will be shaken up and shipping cost must be through the roof.

I have been to no less than 5 Targets and no Jones, EVERY other soda you can think of but no Jones.

[quote name='hopeunknown']You're in MA...Shaw's and Stop and Shop carry Jones.[/quote]

Thanks! They carry the cans? I have only checked in one S&S and only saw the bottles, Big Y has the bottles but no cans. Maybe I need to check a few more.

The Big Lots I frequent does get Jones in from time to time. Lately they have had some Lemon flavor and Green Apple sugar free. However the prices are $3.50 which isn't that far off from what everyone else charges around here. Then again.... Big Lots is the ONLY place I have seen that Lemon flavor at.

OK, thanks guys, I'll check S&S. I have been to two Targets in Western MA and two in Central, and one in CT and none of them had Jones cans, unless they are special and aren't with the hundreds of other sodas. :) Last year the two near me both had it, same with the Walmart and within the last 6 months none of them have it.

And I think the lemon flavor has been discontinued, and green apple is terrible, that's probably why Big Lots has it. :D

The Jones soda for my Target (CA) are usually near the energy drinks and not the regular soda. Not sure if this is the same for every other target.

K-mart sells a few varieties of the 12-pack cans as well, and they semi-frequently have them on sale for $2.50.

I bought the diet cherry but wasn't too impressed.

[quote name='kareshiii']The Jones soda for my Target (CA) are usually near the energy drinks and not the regular soda. Not sure if this is the same for every other target.[/quote]

Hmmm, thank you, I don't know if the energy drinks are near the soda, I never really noticed.

I guess Western and Central Mass just either drink it a lot, or don't so there isn't as much at stores.

And diet Jones soda is terrible, don't drink it.

What's the Lemon flavor like? Is it like a lemonade, or more like Sprite?

As for the Creme Soda-- it's WAY too sweet for me. Love Jones Root Beer, but I can't handle the CS.

Boylan is my Creme Soda of choice.

For the record, they also carry Jones cans at Target here in GA.

[quote name='El Gray']
As for the Creme Soda-- it's WAY too sweet for me. Love Jones Root Beer, but I can't handle the CS.[/quote]

That's why I love it! It takes nothing like creme soda, it tastes just like cotton candy.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I love Jones cream soda and used to buy it at Walmart however they stopped carrying it awhile ago and I can't find them anyways else. I see the bottles a lot, but I like the cans, they are cheaper and taste better. So where do people buy their cans?

And Jones cream soda is the best soda ever, if you never had it you need to buy some now.[/quote]

Check this out, this was announced not but 20 days ago:

[quote name='CNNmoney']
Two months after announcing a second-quarter loss and sales far short of expectations, Seattle beverage maker Jones Soda laid off nearly 40% of its workforce this week, cutting 42 of its 110 employees...

But in 2007 the company posted an $11.6 million loss, created largely by founder Peter van Stolk's attempted expansion into the canned-soda market...

"Cans are commodities that many retailers use as loss leaders," Jones said. "So we'll reduce the number of cans we were selling. They were draining cash."[/quote]

Link: http://money.cnn.com/2008/10/10/smallbusiness/jones_soda_layoffs.smb/

I guess its time to get used to the glass bottles or Jones gets the axe.

[quote name='Lice']Check this out, this was announced not but 20 days ago:

Link: http://money.cnn.com/2008/10/10/smallbusiness/jones_soda_layoffs.smb/

I guess its time to get used to the glass bottles or Jones gets the axe.[/quote]

:(

Thank you very much for the very sad news. This would explain why they disappeared at Walmart.

I love cans through, Berry Lemonade is the only one that taste better in glass bottle. Cans are cheaper and take up less space in the fridge.

That's too bad, I always thought the bottles were too overpriced and a pain to drive to the recyclers. I always bought it in the 12 packs. I hope my local grocer doesn't stop carrying them now.

bread's done
Back