Where to sell an LCD monitor?

carbontiger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I have a LCD monitor that I don't need anymore. I was wondering if anyone knew a good place to sell it. I've tried Craig's List already with no luck.

How big is it? If it's too big, it's gonna be hard to sell.

Considering how fast technology moves, used TVs and such usually don't hold their values well.

What size and how much are you trying to sell it for? I usually have pretty good luck with CL, but monitors are weird in my area (maybe everywhere?). It seems for me that when ever I see an LCD monitor on CL, they want within $40-$50 of what they paid for it new. I even had one person trying to sell one for $80 more than on Dell's website and when I asked if he'd come down, he only brought it down $30.

You try selling it on CAG?

[quote name='JoeJohn']Yeah, just keep it. Shipping cost will eat any profit or increase your loss.[/QUOTE]

But if he is never going to use it, wouldn't selling it (even if you lose a little to shipping) be a better idea than it rotting in a closet until he trows it away (making $0).

Its a 19" Sammie 1440x900. I think its a really good monitor. Its practically in like new condition. No scratches on the screen or anywhere on the frame or stand. What would you guys think is a fair price to ask for? Maybe I'm expecting too much. I'd rather sell it than let it sit in my closet and I know shipping will kill my profit if I sell it anywhere other than locally.

[quote name='carbontiger']Its a 19" Sammie 1440x900. I think its a really good monitor. Its practically in like new condition. No scratches on the screen or anywhere on the frame or stand. What would you guys think is a fair price to ask for? Maybe I'm expecting too much. I'd rather sell it than let it sit in my closet and I know shipping will kill my profit if I sell it anywhere other than locally.[/QUOTE]

Oh... well, for something that small, shipping shouldn't be too much but the demand these days are for large monitors. It's a good brand and even if it's in brand new condition, I can't see it selling for anything over $100.

I sold my 19" acer 1440x900 on Craigslist for $90 a couple months back. It was a 2 year old monitor. I just upgraded to a 24" LCD for my PC so didn't have a use for the 19" anymore. Went pretty smooth met at a decently busy strip mall around noon or so and made the swap.

bread's done
Back