Where to trade-in vintage games?

DetroitSportsFan

CAGiversary!
I have a large collection of NES and Genesis games I'm looking to get rid of, and I'm not going the eBay route. Amazon won't work because they only accept a fraction of released titles.

In my research I discovered a few sites with good trade-in values, and will pay for shipping the games to them, and cut you payment via Paypal or check. Has anyone heard that these sites are reputable, or have others to suggest?

http://www.estarland.com/index.asp?page=DefaultPage

http://www.usednintendogame.com/default.asp

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Puppet Master']Don't know anything about those places when it comes to trade ins do have another suggestion for you to look into though.

Lukiegames takes trade ins of old games I've done it once with them without issue. Try giving them an E-Mail with what you've got here.

http://www.lukiegames.com/sell-games.html
[email protected][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestion. I just heard back from them after sending them my list, and they're offering about double the value compared to the places I posted above. :applause:

But the paranoid part of me thinks it's too good to be true. :wall:

TBH, I never mess with trading in games. I just go straight to yard sale. Can unload them FAR easier and can usually make more money. PLUS, it helps out fellow gamers get games super cheap.

[quote name='Gosha']Resetgames.com has okay values.[/QUOTE]

I live like 10 minutes away from a Reset Games. They are great...have all the new stuff and whatnot, but also take old/retro games in and sell them as well in a special section in the store. Its nice not to have to ship your games off to some far, far away place and hope you get a check/paypal back.

I dont know how widespread Reset is...but Im in Washington state in the northwest and we have one here in my small-ish town.

I know a couple stores in my area that would accept those games. I don't know if they have any locations near you.

Slackers
Play-N-Trade
V-Stock (aka Vintage Stock)

[quote name='chris00cm']I know a couple stores in my area that would accept those games. I don't know if they have any locations near you.

Slackers
Play-N-Trade
V-Stock (aka Vintage Stock)[/QUOTE]

Ahh another STL native I see...

I split my trades up between Reset Games, Estarland and Amazon. All were easy to deal with, no issues at all. Just had to search for the best deals. Reset and Estarland offered cash at a percentage of trade value.

eStarland is legit. I used to trade in games and get figures. But their prices are also high, so while you get more, it also costs more.

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']I live like 10 minutes away from a Reset Games. They are great...have all the new stuff and whatnot, but also take old/retro games in and sell them as well in a special section in the store. Its nice not to have to ship your games off to some far, far away place and hope you get a check/paypal back.

I dont know how widespread Reset is...but Im in Washington state in the northwest and we have one here in my small-ish town.[/QUOTE]

Reset games only has 2 locations right now, Tulalip and Bellingham. As for trading in there, I didn't see it on the website, but the Code WARIO still gives 30% trade in bump.

[quote name='Tailswisher']TBH, I never mess with trading in games. I just go straight to yard sale. Can unload them FAR easier and can usually make more money. PLUS, it helps out fellow gamers get games super cheap.[/QUOTE]
Judging by post #3, I'm thinking the OP wants to get the MOST for their stuff and not yard sale it where everybody expects to get stuff for the cheapest prices.

[quote name='sonderiaom']Reset games only has 2 locations right now, Tulalip and Bellingham. As for trading in there, I didn't see it on the website, but the Code WARIO still gives 30% trade in bump.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's rather interesting, as the day after I posted this, the Code isn't working any more for me. Anyone else hazard a try for my sake, or does that mean there is a lurker from Reset Games who saw it was still active and shut it down?

bread's done
Back