Where was Cheney during Katrina? House hunting in Wyoming

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Yawn. Is this the best you have?[/QUOTE]

It's a lot better than every incorrect post you have made. I guess you think it's fine for Bush and Cheney to ignore a major natural disaster.

[quote name='ZarathosNY']It's a lot better than every incorrect post you have made. I guess you think it's fine for Bush and Cheney to ignore a major natural disaster.[/QUOTE]

obviously u dont know that the federal gov has nothing to do with helping out its people, they are soley responsible for helping out the lobbyists and of course act only when their best interests are in jeopardy

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']obviously u dont know that the federal gov has nothing to do with helping out its people, they are soley responsible for helping out the lobbyists and of course act only when their best interests are in jeopardy[/QUOTE]

That's right. I forgot.

Also, Rumsfeld was at a baseball game:

Revealed: Rumsfeld at Padres Ball Game As New Orleans Sank

By E&P Staff

Published: September 06, 2005 9:30 PM ET

NEW YORK The seemingly carefree behavior of top Bush administration officials early last week, who stuck to their vacations as tens of thousands cried for help in New Orleans, gained another twist with revelations that Pentagon chief Donald Rumsfeld was taking in a ball game in San Diego last Monday night--about 24 hours after Katrina hit.

Rumsfeld has come under increasing criticism for the military's lack of early intervention in the rescue.

An E&P reader tipped us off to a column in last Tuesday's San Diego Union-Tribune by regular columnist Diane Bell. One item reads:

"Baseball Hall of Famer Dave Winfield wasn't the only VIP who joined Padres President John Moores in the owner's box last night at Petco Park. Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld, here to join President Bush at the North Island Naval Air Station today, took in the game, too. Three weeks ago, Winfield stopped by the Pentagon with his family and later joined the Padres as they visited wounded soldiers at the Army's Walter Reed Hospital during a road trip. "Winfield was very moved by the experience," says his agent, Randy Grossman. So he invited Rumsfeld to the Padres game.

http://www.mediainfo.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001055561

This would make a great sequel to "Fahrenheit 9/11".

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Priceless.... absolutely priceless.

Keep it up guys.[/QUOTE]

Weren't you one of the people who criticized Chirac for being on vacation while many people, mostly seniors, died in a major heat wave?

You must think very highly of the french, to hold their government to higher standards than your own.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Yawn. Is this the best you have?[/QUOTE]
Um, it took 5 days for FEMA (managed directly by the executive branch) to begin to respond AFTER the hurrican left Louisiana.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Weren't you one of the people who criticized Chirac for being on vacation while many people, mostly seniors, died in a major heat wave?

You must think very highly of the french, to hold their government to higher standards than your own.[/QUOTE]

Nope. I could care less what he does. Every time it gets hot in France 10,000 people die.

Not news.

In video gaming, we call what PAD is doing now "turtling."

That's what happens when, in a fighting game, your opponent is being pummeled so horribly that they do nothing but block. Occasionally they throw out a sort of weak, uncoordinated attack, but mainly they just block and find their happy place and wait for the beating to be over.

[quote name='Quackzilla']Um, it took 5 days for FEMA (managed directly by the executive branch) to begin to respond AFTER the hurrican left Louisiana.[/QUOTE]

I already posted this, but it fits here:
Here's a timeline of the tsunami disaster http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/as...fic/4154791.stm. The tsunami hit on december 26th. I don't know about the 27th, but by the 28th aid was already flowing in http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4129579.stm. And the one part that gets me:

The US aid organisation Care said it was already distributing food to 14,000 Sri Lankans and that it was preparing a "major operation".

hey now. Turtling is a legitimate strategy especially when said person specializes in slower/ranged attacks and doesnt fair as well in fast paced Melee.

This is a demand for accountability and good government.

I know that Karl Rove can't tell the difference between an attack and a demand for accountability, but I had hoped perhaps you could.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']I'd like to invoke the words of that great American Bill Clinton "No attack ever fed a hungry child."[/QUOTE]

Given PAD's tactics, and the uses you describe for turtling, I stand by my analogy.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']hey now. Turtling is a legitimate strategy especially when said person specializes in slower/ranged attacks and doesnt fair as well in fast paced Melee.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']I'd like to invoke the words of that great American Bill Clinton "No attack ever fed a hungry child."[/QUOTE]

I would assume he meant military attack.

But, either way, it does when it demands accountability to prevent the same mistakes from being made again, and for children to go hungry in the future.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']I would assume he meant military attack.

But, either way, it does when it demands accountability to prevent the same mistakes from being made again, and for children to go hungry in the future.[/QUOTE]

Actually it came straight from the 1996 Presidential debate. Dole said something mildly critical of a Clinton domestic policy to which Clinton responded, "No attack ever fed a hungry child.".

Oh, and of course he never answered the charges leveled against him but damn were those words to live by......

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Actually it came straight from the 1996 Presidential debate. Dole said something mildly critical of a Clinton domestic policy to which Clinton responded, "No attack ever fed a hungry child.".

Oh, and of course he never answered the charges leveled against him but damn were those words to live by......[/QUOTE]

And I am sure that you were tickled that he didn't answer the charges leveled against him.

I'm sure that you were horrified that anyone would criticize the president, and didn't write a single post questioning Clinton's ability or attacking his refusal to respond to the charge.

Exactly how much hypocrisy can you wallow in before you feel any amount of shame, PAD?

I wasn't posting on message boards until 2000. You won't find many posts of mine questioning Clinton's ability since he was not running in 2000.

You know.... like how Bush isn't running in 2008 yet that's all you bitch about?

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']I wasn't posting on message boards until 2000. You won't find many posts of mine questioning Clinton's ability since he was not running in 2000.

You know.... like how Bush isn't running in 2008 yet that's all you bitch about?[/QUOTE]

Don't let the fact that he's in office now blind your logic.

Why do you bother complaining about the french? You can't do anything about it anyway, since you can't vote in their elections.

bread's done
Back