Wherehouse.com: Receiving Poor Quality Games

databuild

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I just got a game that I ordered from wherehouse.com, and the manual was missing. Along with that, the game dvd slip cover was practically ripped in half. Is their quality control declining? Two months ago, I got a game, but the game disc was missing. The game was complete if you ignore the fact that the game disc was missing! I put aside the first incident as a simple mistake, and decided to continue to order from them, but this latest problem really makes me question their online store. And they have a "Like New" quality guarantee on their games!

Hopefully, I get a refund for this recent order because last time they only gave me store credit. If their game quality is this poor, I don't plan to shop there anymore in the future.

Anyone else order from them, and have any similar experiences?

I guess I am just having some bad luck with them. I do order older games so maybe that is the reason? Oh well, hopefully I can get a refund otherwise I'll have to sit on credit again.

From what I've read of others' experiences, wherehouse seems to be quick to refund if the condition isn't satisfactory.... so keep us posted if you go that route

I've been contemplating buying a bunch of games from either them or SecondSpin.com, which I believe are all subsids of Transworld Entertainment, which has consistently wowed me with the great condition of their games at their FYE stores.

But, I guess maybe some people taking in those games really don't check them too well, huh?

By 'slip cover' I assume you mean the dvd cover art, right? There are places online that you can find and print up copies from. Of course, nothing beats the original and you hope that that is what you're getting, since that's what you paid for.

bread's done
Back