Wherehouse.com totally screwed me

beetlegum

CAGiversary!
I am writing to warn fellow members about doing business with wherehouse.com.

I bought several dvd sets from the last year with no problem. This year, they totally ripped me off. I posted here last week about how I found a great deal when they listed Star Trek TNG seasons 1 - 7 for 90 bucks. The order clearly stated 48 discs 1-7.

I paid extra for priority. What did I get for the expediated shipping? I received a bubble wrap mailer with a used copy of season 1!! They have not responded to my inquires either. So I paid 90 bucks for a season 1 set that I could buy brand new at Walmart for 50. Unless they really rectify this problem fast, I will never do business with them again.

[quote name='beetlegum']I am writing to warn fellow members about doing busy with wherehouse.com.

I bought several dvd sets from the last year with no problem. This year, they totally ripped me off. I posted here last week about how I found a great deal when they listed Star Trek TNG seasons 1 - 7 for 90 bucks. The order clearly says 48 discs 1-7.

I paid extra for priority. What did I get for the expediated shipping? I received a bubble wrap mailer with a used copy of season 1!! They have not responded to my inquires either. So I paid 90 bucks for a season 1 set that I could buy brand new at Walmart for 50. Unless they really rectify this problem fast, I will never do business with them again.[/quote]

Wow....looking on their site they only charge $32 for season 1 used so they really screwed up...hopefully they fix this for you..good luck

I've dealt with them before and had no problems. Did you try calling them? That would get you a quicker response.

[quote name='6669']I've dealt with them before and had no problems. Did you try calling them? That would get you a quicker response.[/QUOTE]

Do they have a phone number? I could only find an email address for support.

[quote name='beetlegum']Do they have a phone number? I could only find an email address for support.[/QUOTE]
Only # I could find: (310) 538-8309
Did you check your invoice for a #?

edit. Another one: 1-800-962-6445

Also, business hours are 8-5 (M-F, I'm assuming). Maybe you should wait for a response early next week.

When I had a problem, they quickly refunded my money and they didnt even require me to send back the defective one. You might end up with a free copy of season 1.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']I love wherehouse.com.

*hugs 2-disc OOP Big Trouble in Little China and OOP The Warriors*[/QUOTE]
lol what did you want a copy of the old barebones warriors for?

[quote name='beetlegum']I am writing to warn fellow members about doing business with wherehouse.com.

I bought several dvd sets from the last year with no problem. This year, they totally ripped me off. I posted here last week about how I found a great deal when they listed Star Trek TNG seasons 1 - 7 for 90 bucks. The order clearly stated 48 discs 1-7.

I paid extra for priority. What did I get for the expediated shipping? I received a bubble wrap mailer with a used copy of season 1!! They have not responded to my inquires either. So I paid 90 bucks for a season 1 set that I could buy brand new at Walmart for 50. Unless they really rectify this problem fast, I will never do business with them again.[/QUOTE]
When did you get the order and when did you contact them about it? How did you contact them? Phone? E-mail?

so how long did you wait for a reply before coming here and claiming they screwed you?
ive had problems with wherehouse.com orders before (ive ordered from there a lot), and they have always make it up. i once ordered a new bjork cd box set from them. one of the five discs ended up having black paint on the readable side of the disc. they send a replacement and told me there was no need to send the original back. and with a scratched up copy of ecco for dreamcast, they refunded my money (including shipping) and let me keep the game.
id say they have great customer service.

I had a similar situation with a game I bought that I found while digging around in their website. Too difficult to explain how I found the game, but it was logged under "software" or something like that rather than under games. The game was Gauntlet II for Gameboy (new). I ordered and instead received some lame DVD.

I had to email them but received a response and they were professional about the whole thing. Made sense to me that it was a glitch, and I was disappointed, but in the end they did the right thing. I'd be surprised if they don't take care of you. Just give them a few more days to respond.

You have to admit - all 7 seasons of TNG for $90 does sound like a glitch.

[quote name='chosen1s']You have to admit - all 7 seasons of TNG for $90 does sound like a glitch.[/QUOTE]
Wherehouse.com has honored glitches in the past (listening, BestBuy.com?). I got Spiderman DS when it first came out for $3.99 instead of $39.99.

[quote name='projecteightysix']lol what did you want a copy of the old barebones warriors for?[/QUOTE]

Because the new one actually ADDS stuff to it that kind of DETRACTS from it.... The old barebones is the original theatrical cut, many people don't want the new stuff.

As far as exact differences, I think it had to deal with making the movie more comic book-y.

[quote name='projecteightysix']lol what did you want a copy of the old barebones warriors for?[/QUOTE]

It's out of print and it's the way the film was originally presented. I wanted to own it. Big deal, it was $5.

Their customer service contacted me right away on Monday via email. They apologized for the mistake, and said that my money had been refunded immediately. Still has not shown up in my bank, but I know these money transfers can take awhile. I was instructed to return the season 1 set with prepaid shipping. They claimed that the ST sets were no longer in stock as used. I asked if I could reuse my 25% off code, and they said it was not possible. However, I was offered a free shipping code, and $5.00 credit to my account.

So I really didn't lose anything, but I'm still skeptical. It was a way for wherehouse.com to get out of a major price mistake.

You took it better than i would have. I would have said "I don't care if it's a mistake, I want what I paid for". It's how I got my NEW Guiatr Hero w/ guitar for $40 from the Barnes & noble missprice last year. Was the only CAG to get it.

That does suck. But if they don't have any more in stock, I guess there's not much they can do about it.

I actually had a good experience with them a couple days ago. My copy of Prince's "Sign 'O' The Times" arrived with only the second disc, and the liner notes for the first disc. I emailed them about it that night, and the next morning they emailed me back and send they would send me another copy. They didn't bother asking me to send it back... although I guess they wouldn't have use for it anyway since it was incomplete.

I'm sorry about your experience though, that would have been QUITE the score. :whistle2:(

[quote name='beetlegum']It was a way for wherehouse.com to get out of a major price mistake.[/QUOTE]
What else could they have done? Considering how much those sets cost new, they couldn't have offered that as a replacement, and they can't very well produce more used copies from nowhere.

And if it was a mistake on their part? They shouldn't have had to honor it in the first place.

bread's done
Back