Wherehouse: Worst Prices Ever?

ViolentLee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
81 (100%)
Man, these guys blow. $55.99 for NFL Blitz 2002, Smashing Drive, and Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance. And I'm not talking for all three, I'm talking $55.99 EACH! Even Turok Evolution is going for $56.99! Yanya Caballista is 54, Freaky Flyers is 56, 007 Nightfire is 57...the crap just keeps on flowing.

Check 'em out for a laugh: http://www.wherehouse.com/games/

When they went out of business in my area, I grabbed a PO FFX *International* for about $20. One of my best finds ever. :)

Also got 2 or 3 of the Sopranos sets for cheap. So they may suck online, but they rock when they go out of business. :p

They're cheap where it counts. POP:WW is $39. Those complete N64 games for $1.99.. insane.

Well, if it still sells for full price (why I doubt it is), why lower it? Not like they're forcing you to shop there. :)

Yeah, but they can usually be better for trade-in value which you can in turn apply to a regularly priced DVD if you want. I got 8 bucks for Amped 1 and 7.50 for World Series 2k3.

[quote name='Free Artest']yeah, but they had 2$ COMPLETE n64 games, for that I will always love them[/quote]

very true.. and they still do occasionally

yup, wherehouse.

can give excellent trade-in values, but retail prices bite. solution? get GameCrazy or BlockBuster to match wherehouse's trade-in values. viola!

[quote name='Mospeada_21']yup, wherehouse.

can give excellent trade-in values, but retail prices bite. solution? get GameCrazy or BlockBuster to match wherehouse's trade-in values. viola![/quote]
THis isn't really necessary in my area, as they give cash.

I traded in a bunch of stuff to them that I was done with. I got $25.00 for Jedi Outcast for Xbox, $20.00 for the GC one, and then like $30.00 for Zelda: Wind Waker. I ended up getting about $100.00 credit from them, and ordered Metroid Prime 2. I am still sitting on another $50.00. I am thinking about grabbing either RE4 when that comes out, or PoP: TWW.

Strange Violetn Lee, I was just looking at that same site today. Most of their prices are horrendous but they did have $2 complete N64 games for a while there. I guess that makes up for their crappy prices on the rest of their stuff. Most of their PSone games (i.e. FFVII-IX) are still I think it was iether $30-35.

[quote name='GeorgeCarlin'][quote name='Mospeada_21']yup, wherehouse.

can give excellent trade-in values, but retail prices bite. solution? get GameCrazy or BlockBuster to match wherehouse's trade-in values. viola![/quote]
THis isn't really necessary, wherehouse gives cash.[/quote]

that's not entirely correct (it could be a YMMV). at the wherehouse in redwood city area, ca, they ONLY give store credit on games; cd's and dvd's still qualify for cash. (don't ask me why)

[quote name='Mospeada_21'][quote name='GeorgeCarlin'][quote name='Mospeada_21']yup, wherehouse.

THis isn't really necessary, wherehouse gives cash.[/quote]

that's not entirely correct (it could be a YMMV). at the wherehouse in redwood city area, ca, they ONLY give store credit on games; cd's and dvd's still qualify for cash. (don't ask me why)[/quote]
Noted and fixed.

The last time I checked, the nearby Wherehouse had new non-Player's Choice copies of Super Mario Sunshine and Starfox Adventures at $49.99, sitting next to new Player's Choice copies at $19.99. :lol:

I also saw a used Go! Go! Hypergrind at $45.99 used - I'm sure that's a lot more than it ever sold for new.

I used to get some decent deals on used CDs but even they aren't good for that anymore. The last great deal I've gotten at Wherehouse was when they had a sale on used DVDs and I got Family Guy Volume 1 for $26 or so. I usually only check Wherehouse nowadays if I'm looking for a certain item and can't find it somewhere else.

bread's done
Back